Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455139 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13200 on: June 24, 2016, 01:43:34 pm »

Bought so far: 
Sims 3 +DLC on steam.  Been waiting to do that for a few years now.
CKII DLC, the latest ones.

I've been thinking about the Sim 3, but even 75% off, the entire DLC costs 100 bucks!

CK2 DLC, thanks for reminding me to check this.
Don't buy the stuff packs, Showtime DLC is still 20 bucks, but there is a package deal for the base game +Showtime that brings it down to sales level. 
Everything I bought, with Sims3+DLC, CKII DLC(2 latest ones) and DragonballZ totalled less then 100.

I didn't even think about that, thanks. Taking away all the stuff packs and the sims 3+ showtime bundle (I already own the base game, so I'll miss out on a second copy of the sims 3, but still, 7 bucks for showtime). That totals about 56 bucks for all the raw expansions, which is pretty good.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: June 24, 2016, 02:10:14 pm »

Its pretty much like buying a new triple A game at the price.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: June 24, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »

Infested Planet is 67% off. It's a really nice tactical game of terran vs zerg, where zerg come at you in literally thousands, and your up to 10 marines need to get upgraded, push hives, etc. Tactical, fun, upgrades. Definitely have a look!
I actually reinstalled that awhile back despite having beaten it ages ago, because I was craving more of it.  I can recommend it, it's pretty fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: June 24, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

So is Empyrion worth getting or just the Space Engineers knockoff that it appears to be?

Also Dark Souls III is 25%(!!) off.

I was going to write up a big post comparing them, but I'll stick to TL;DR. Keep in mind, I only played empyrion for ~5 - 6 hours on the free weekend.

SE is a building game with a token survival mode tacked on, and broken (technically and conceptually) multiplayer. Empyrion is a survival game that happens to let you build stuff, and multiplayer seems less broken.

Empyrion seems to be a lot "earlier access" and I have no idea where they are going with SE (they seem to lack any cohesive vision) so it's hard to judge how they will compare in a year or two.

FWIW the only reason I didn't buy empyrion is because I don't have the patience for early access, I just play it and get frustrated with the bugs etc. It seemed better as a game than SE is, but worse for a pure builder (make your favorite scifi ships, etc).

Okay, cool, thanks. I have SE specifically because I love the whole Newtonian physics building-survival thing it has going on. I've got Elite:Dangerous and (soon) No Man's Sky to scratch the broader spacespacespace craving.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13204 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:14 pm »

Oh man oh man, I decided to splurge and buy Samorost 3 even though I have way more games than I'll ever have time to play and it's more expensive than I can usually afford... SO WORTH IT. So beautiful. I mean, everything by this company is amazing, but this one really is even more glorious than they've ever managed. Highly recommended at 15 (local currency).

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13205 on: June 24, 2016, 03:49:11 pm »

Found a nice little collection of 21 games at 94% off (£2.42). Mostly RPG's and adventure games but a few others in there as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: June 24, 2016, 04:51:08 pm »

Found a nice little collection of 21 games at 94% off (£2.42). Mostly RPG's and adventure games but a few others in there as well.

Neat. I'm not sure when they started doing this but I can buy that for a bit cheaper because I already own a few games from it.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: June 24, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »

Any diehard Saints Row fans have opinions on Gat out of Hell? It's pretty cheap and I'm curious if they managed to fix a few issues from IV.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13208 on: June 24, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »

Any diehard Saints Row fans have opinions on Gat out of Hell? It's pretty cheap and I'm curious if they managed to fix a few issues from IV.
It's essentially more of the same from SR4, it goes even further over the top than SR4, but considering the premise that's inevitable. Main cons are it's short and complete lack of radio stations in-game. Definitely only get it when it's on sale like this, it's too short to be worth full price, but if you enjoyed the previous games it's worth it at the sale price.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: June 24, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »

It's essentially more of the same from SR4, it goes even further over the top than SR4, but considering the premise that's inevitable. Main cons are it's short and complete lack of radio stations in-game. Definitely only get it when it's on sale like this, it's too short to be worth full price, but if you enjoyed the previous games it's worth it at the sale price.
In addition to what Metalax said, main additions are that you can actually fly now and that is surprisingly fun. Some of the sin weapons (especially the sloth one) are not just good but hilarious, and you get to see a bunch of characters from 2 and 3. Also no customization, period.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: June 24, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »

In addition to what Metalax said, main additions are that you can actually fly now and that is surprisingly fun. Some of the sin weapons (especially the sloth one) are not just good but hilarious, and you get to see a bunch of characters from 2 and 3. Also no customization, period.
I believe if you have a savegame, you can import your Boss though. Not that it means much other than not jarring your sense of disbelief.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: June 24, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »

The Disgaea port is up for $15, worth getting?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »

The Disgaea port is up for $15, worth getting?
If you want to play Disgaea 1 and don't mind a mediocre port, sure. They've fixed pretty much all the bugs at this point, but there are still some fairly major issues.
  • The old UI is blurry, and the new UI clashes pretty badly (not actually a major issue, since the old UI is fine once you're used to it, but it bears mentioning)
  • If you resize the window or enter fullscreen mode, it'll just stretch the image
  • Apparently some people are still having controller issues? They're working on a fix for that right now, though
  • Cutscenes cannot be skipped, making NG+ pretty miserable
Most of the issues (the cutscene skip thing is the only real exception) are pretty obvious, so, assuming the refund system works the way I think it does, I'd recommend buying it; if the little issues get to you, you can return it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: June 25, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »

Picked up Darkest Dungeon.  Played a couple hours.  Loving it so far.  Just wish family was capable of letting 5 minutes pass with demanding something of me, so I could really get immersed.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: June 25, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »

Picked up X-Rebirth + all extras after seeing the recent review (Very Positive in last 30 days). Seems that Egosoft has managed to make up for their disastrous release.

Also picked up Star Ruler 1 and 2 after reading so many good things about them and wanting to support their indie dev studio that was shutting down due to lack of sales. I've only done Star Ruler 1 tutorial so far, but man, after playing Stellaris, I feel this game significantly better capture that 'space opera' vibe. Imagine in Star Wars or Legend of Galactic Heroes (1980s anime) where hundreds or thousands of ships battling it out, the scale is so epic. I really hope Star Ruler series get more exposure from gaming community.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1134