Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455249 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13185 on: June 23, 2016, 11:22:03 pm »

I got DD:DA PC port for something like 40% off a while back, yeah.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13186 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:43 am »

Probably that is the case. For example People raved about undertale and I thought it was stupid.

Obviously you have bad taste in at least some games. How much time and thought did you give Undertale?
A bit less than two hours. If a game hasn't grabbed me by then I refund it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:32 am »

Probably that is the case. For example People raved about undertale and I thought it was stupid.

Obviously you have bad taste in at least some games. How much time and thought did you give Undertale?

If you breezed through the dialogue and signs, you're missing a lot. If you don't play through it all, you're missing a lot. It's very much a story game with lots of tricks. You probably wouldn't like the Mother series if you only played 2 hours.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13188 on: June 24, 2016, 08:17:41 am »

If you breezed through the dialogue and signs, you're missing a lot. If you don't play through it all, you're missing a lot. It's very much a story game with lots of tricks. You probably wouldn't like the Mother series if you only played 2 hours.
As I said, if a game hasn't grabbed my interest in the first two hours then I usually can find something better to do. I acknowledged already that this probably isn't normal, or even a good practice. I didn't skip any of the content, I just wasn't interested in the plot that I saw and the humor fell a bit flat.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:21:32 am by forsaken1111 »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: June 24, 2016, 08:26:10 am »

Removed. Apparently I'm doing it wrong. Whatever.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:47:02 am by Mephisto »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13190 on: June 24, 2016, 08:40:49 am »

Yet another good word in for Creeper World 3. Such a great game - this whole conversation makes me want to replay it, actually!

Also, if any of you are into wargames, I highly recommend you try out the Order of Battle: WW2 demo, which contains the training scenarios, which are pretty good themselves. I nabbed two campaigns for it. Looking forward to playing them!

I hear very good things about Atlantic Fleet for $5 being one of the best WW2 naval warfare simulators, even though it appears to be a port from mobile.

Wargame: Red Dragon is also going for $12, if you're into complex, crazy, fast-paced RTS.

Men of War Assault Squad 2 for $7.50 is a steal if you like the game style, as is Age of Wonders 3.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm is going for $5, which, if you like realistic WW2 shooters, it's something you should get.

Also, Cobalt is 66% off. I hear real good things about it, though it's definitely a fast reflexes thing.

Infested Planet is 67% off. It's a really nice tactical game of terran vs zerg, where zerg come at you in literally thousands, and your up to 10 marines need to get upgraded, push hives, etc. Tactical, fun, upgrades. Definitely have a look!

Someone mentioned Distant Star: Revenant Fleet... it felt REALLY meh to me. The battles weren't engaging at all, and were mostly just boring, as you wait for ships to get somewhere, or to finish killing each other. Yawn.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: June 24, 2016, 09:05:13 am »

Undertale is not the second coming of Jesus. It's an RPG with weird battle mechanics that people claim to enjoy because it pretends to offer choice.

You're right; I definitely didn't enjoy it, I just claim to enjoy it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13192 on: June 24, 2016, 09:17:51 am »

Guys I didn't meant to start a fight about undertale, it was just an example of a game that people seem to enjoy but I did not. There are dozens of such examples.

Can we drop it before someone waste's toady's time with a report?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: June 24, 2016, 11:11:48 am »

I'm sure the urge to post snarky, inflamatory comments comes to all of us. Like this pointless one I'm making for instance.

----------

Is there a Victoria 3? I've been meaning to get into the Vicky series but I don't know which one to get. Victoria 2 is on sale for CAD$5.50.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13194 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:22 am »

Is there a Victoria 3? I've been meaning to get into the Vicky series but I don't know which one to get. Victoria 2 is on sale for CAD$8.
No Vicky 3, and none planned for the foreseeable future as far as I am aware. They're currently concentrating on HOI4 and Stellaris.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:53 am »

I recommend getting the collection, as its cheaper than buying the two expansions separately.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: June 24, 2016, 12:01:24 pm »

So is Empyrion worth getting or just the Space Engineers knockoff that it appears to be?

Also Dark Souls III is 25%(!!) off.

I was going to write up a big post comparing them, but I'll stick to TL;DR. Keep in mind, I only played empyrion for ~5 - 6 hours on the free weekend.

SE is a building game with a token survival mode tacked on, and broken (technically and conceptually) multiplayer. Empyrion is a survival game that happens to let you build stuff, and multiplayer seems less broken.

Empyrion seems to be a lot "earlier access" and I have no idea where they are going with SE (they seem to lack any cohesive vision) so it's hard to judge how they will compare in a year or two.

FWIW the only reason I didn't buy empyrion is because I don't have the patience for early access, I just play it and get frustrated with the bugs etc. It seemed better as a game than SE is, but worse for a pure builder (make your favorite scifi ships, etc).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »

Bought so far: 
Sims 3 +DLC on steam.  Been waiting to do that for a few years now.
CKII DLC, the latest ones.
DragonBall Z, that new one.  Keyboard use is horrible.

Don't think I'll get anything else this sale. 
I've decided to wait till next year or whatever for FO4 / nuCom2.  Though, it might just be my tastes are changing, not really interested in getting em anymore.  Maybe that interest will be reignited much later on.  Meh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: June 24, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »

Bought so far: 

I've been thinking about the Sim 3, but even 75% off, the entire DLC costs 100 bucks!

CK2 DLC, thanks for reminding me to check this.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: June 24, 2016, 01:35:39 pm »

Bought so far: 

I've been thinking about the Sim 3, but even 75% off, the entire DLC costs 100 bucks!

CK2 DLC, thanks for reminding me to check this.
Don't buy the stuff packs, Showtime DLC is still 20 bucks, but there is a package deal for the base game +Showtime that brings it down to sales level. 
Everything I bought, with Sims3+DLC, CKII DLC(2 latest ones) and DragonballZ totalled less then 100.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1134