Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456076 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13065 on: June 08, 2016, 09:14:51 pm »

Watch Dogs is crap. There are better ways to spend your money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: June 08, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »

Not worth the money. Maybe for $7.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: June 08, 2016, 10:36:55 pm »

Absolute garbage. I can tolerate a lot being wrong or done poorly in a free roam GTA game, but literally everything in Watch_Dogs is clunky, nonsensical, poorly executed and generally just not fun. I gave it two hours and never touched it again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: June 09, 2016, 12:58:40 am »

I finished it, was not super impressed. I was told it'd be a hacking open world game, and got a pretty rubbish gta with internet phone hax push button recieve effect bits.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: June 09, 2016, 01:27:55 am »

I finished it, was not super impressed. I was told it'd be a hacking open world game, and got a pretty rubbish gta with internet phone hax push button recieve effect bits.
And a main character ripped from a 90's action movie with out the fun. 
Watch_Dogs was an average game killed by it's hype.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: June 09, 2016, 05:22:25 am »

Was anyone actually hyped for it though? I remember just thinking of it as a bog standard GTA clone.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: June 09, 2016, 05:40:14 am »

Was anyone actually hyped for it though? I remember just thinking of it as a bog standard GTA clone.
The (doctored, I guess) demo they showed while it was in development was actually interesting. But they changed too much. In fact, the only thing that is actually truly good in the game are the "VR" minigames (spider tank, running over demon zombies, bouncing on flowers, and I guess a stealth game).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: June 09, 2016, 09:23:54 am »

So... X:Rebirth Complete is out for... something like $13 on GOG.
And i'm kinda on the fence about this one.
I liked the previous X games but know this one is somewhat different.
However i'd still be ok if i could command (not directly control) a capital ship from within.
Something like Carrier Command perhaps but from what i can tell the entire game has you flying and dogfighting in an M3 equivalent  which is... kinda meh for my tastes.
I like my ships big and armed with a load of turrets + a compliment of fighter drones in the hangar.

X3 let me play that out but i'm really unsure if rebirth is going to let me do any of that and focus on dogfighting instead.

Any suggestions?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: June 09, 2016, 09:41:03 am »

I wouldn't play Rebirth for free.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: June 09, 2016, 09:50:52 am »

So... X:Rebirth Complete is out for... something like $13 on GOG.
And i'm kinda on the fence about this one.
I liked the previous X games but know this one is somewhat different.
However i'd still be ok if i could command (not directly control) a capital ship from within.
Something like Carrier Command perhaps but from what i can tell the entire game has you flying and dogfighting in an M3 equivalent  which is... kinda meh for my tastes.
I like my ships big and armed with a load of turrets + a compliment of fighter drones in the hangar.

X3 let me play that out but i'm really unsure if rebirth is going to let me do any of that and focus on dogfighting instead.

Any suggestions?

Now that it's been extensively patched, I can recommend it at that sale price. Some bugs exist still, but it's a good game for 13 bucks for the Home of Light complete edition.

With the Capital Ship Bridge mod, you can actually command your capital ships from within and watch it unfold from the command deck of your ship. It's hella fun watching your first Taranis (once your repair the damn thing) go to town on a poor passing trade ship from in front of the captains chair. Your capital ships play exactly like the way you described if you put in the effort; I found making drone factories to arm your cap ships to also be very profitable.

The Skunk is definitely the worst part tho, imagine flying the Hyperion from X3 but without the awesome. Someone tried modding the skunk to have dual rear mounted turrets but that mod really didn't get off the ground.
The game also suffers from the same issue X3 had: you have to find a goal for yourself to stay interested and everything takes quite a bit of time/effort if you don't cheese the station exploration to find 50 golden fish asses to sell at high prices and such. There's a mostly empty sector you can try claiming for your factories that gets passing raider ships but other then that it does suffer from "What do I do now" syndrome.

I'll neglect the common complaints of bad voice acting and lack of deep narrative as these are usually not what we know the X games for anyway.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: June 09, 2016, 11:13:34 am »

Well, the Battlecruiser series is the obvious answer, but I dont think anyone recommends it. 

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is boss, and just got an overhaul.  You command from without instead of within, but I think it hits all those buttons for you.

I hear good things about Star Trek Bridge Commander, but I haven't really enjoyed the ST franchise so much so I never really looked at it myself.

Something like Carrier Command

You know, the actual Carrier Command remake is pretty darn good.  It got bad early press, but they patched it up pretty well and this one guy has a "Deadly Islands" mod that adds all kinds of great features. 

I'd recommend playing the dynamic campaign instead of the story, as thats where the fun is and the story sort of left me burnt out and not wanting to get into the Dynamic...  But I think I would have gotten a lot more mileage out of jumping into Dynamic from the get-go.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:15:59 am by puke »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: June 09, 2016, 11:32:53 am »

I own both Jupiter (actually completed the game) and Gaea Mission but both games lack the sandboxy element to them.
Plus units in gaea mission seem to have some serious AI issues. I had walruses get constantly stuck for example (especially on bridges that in theory should mean f-all to them due to being amphibious)
I might give Gaea mission another shot i guess espacially if i mod it this time.

EDIT: Nope even with the mod and beta patch i had all of my walruses stand sideways in front of a bridge. It's hard to feel like an armchair commander when you literally have to babysit every single unit in case it gets lost.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:22:48 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:42 pm »

Huh.  Maybe I just micromanaged them more or used waypoints differently, but I didnt have much of a problem.  I ran into a couple issues, but it didn't seem all that offensive too me.

Oh well.  Sorry for the derail.  There is a dedicated Carrier Command thread back in the archives, and also a pretty good "Recommend me a game" thread where advice might be better.

I'd be interested in a good "CC In Spaaaaaace" also, so ask in the other thread and I'll be watching to see what comes up.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »

Huh.  Maybe I just micromanaged them more or used waypoints differently, but I didnt have much of a problem.  I ran into a couple issues, but it didn't seem all that offensive too me.

Oh well.  Sorry for the derail.  There is a dedicated Carrier Command thread back in the archives, and also a pretty good "Recommend me a game" thread where advice might be better.

I'd be interested in a good "CC In Spaaaaaace" also, so ask in the other thread and I'll be watching to see what comes up.
I already asked some time ago. In short a whole lot of games kinda try to do it but all of htem fall short in some way.
The closest i ever got was X3 with the CODEA and MARS (the goblin drones are amazing) mods so you might check that out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2cJCDX2pI
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:49:59 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: June 09, 2016, 05:17:51 pm »

XCOM 2 is 33% off on Steam right now. Tempting, but with the Summer Sale right around the corner it seems unwise to buy it now. If it's on Sale now, that's a pretty good indicator it will also be on Sale during the Summer Sale.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1134