Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456097 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13050 on: June 02, 2016, 01:53:27 pm »

Well, I seem to have 11 eligible games.
I too got 11 GOG copies from my library.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: June 02, 2016, 02:31:52 pm »

Got about 6 games. Patience seems to be the trick.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: June 02, 2016, 03:01:26 pm »

You definitely don't have to leave it running, which is nice.  I closed it, and today I loaded it up on a different computer and it "completed" instantly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: June 02, 2016, 03:52:35 pm »

Worked for me now as well.  Woo FTL.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ZebAbirul

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly neighborhood lurking extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:49 pm »

NOX is free on Origin right now, I highly recommend it if you can stand the whole Origin thing :P

Links and junk

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:13 am »

Gog Summer sale is up.  https://www.gog.com/

If you log in with Gog Galaxy you get System shock 2 for free.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: June 08, 2016, 10:50:43 am »

Homeworld Remastered Collection is on sale on steam and Green man gaming for around 17 bucks. I highly recommend this classic space RTS for EVERYONE EVER.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »

Homeworld Remastered Collection is on sale on steam and Green man gaming for around 17 bucks. I highly recommend this classic space RTS for EVERYONE EVER.

I hear they recently fixed some of the problems with the initial release of the remastered edition.  I guess they used the HW2 engine for the remastered HW1, and broke a bunch of turret and formation behavior?

And it is fixed now?

Not sure, but those are the rumors on the street.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: June 08, 2016, 12:16:51 pm »

I hear they recently fixed some of the problems with the initial release of the remastered edition.  I guess they used the HW2 engine for the remastered HW1, and broke a bunch of turret and formation behavior?

And it is fixed now?

Not sure, but those are the rumors on the street.
Yeah, they just realized a giant update for it (5.2 gig) yesterday. They completely rewrote the movement code to make formations work, among other things. I haven't had a chance to play the game since the update came out, but I'm hoping to get around to it soon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: June 08, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »

EA is giving away Nox for free on Origin. It's basically "What if Diablo's campaign was actually fun?"

The spell/skill system was also very nice compared to it.

Sadly, they've long since taken the MP servers down, and I'm not sure if this even includes the expansion.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: June 08, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »

For what it's worth, iirc there's been a few pirate, for lack of a better word, MP servers out there on and off throughout the years, too. So you might actually be able to get in on a MP game if something's up at the moment.

Which, uh. If you can, I would totally recommend. Easily one of the most enjoyable multiplayer experiences I've had in my life, heh. Was kinda' like what'd happen if diablo met a FPS deathmatch arena, with the primary game mode being Capture the Flag. Only, y'know. Iron golems. Spell traps. Fireball staves, crossbows (close to sniper rifles, effectively), rivers of lava, and so on and so forth. Was pretty friggin' great.

And yeah the SP experience is also damned nice for its time. Game didn't get nearly as much attention as it probably deserved when it came out, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: June 08, 2016, 05:51:27 pm »

You'd think there would be a LAN option for this kind of thing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:08 pm »

There is, actually.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: June 08, 2016, 08:57:59 pm »

What's the local consensus on Watch_Dogs? I know it was a little disappointing at full price but the complete edition is going for $15 USD on Steam. You can also pre-order the sequel but why would you do that given the game it's a sequel to?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13064 on: June 08, 2016, 09:05:44 pm »

Watch Dogs is poop. The multiplayer was interesting, but so brutally easy to cheese as a defender, and I have no idea if it got improved after I finished it. Maybe for $15, but I'd suggest waiting for a bit cheaper.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1134