Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456329 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12960 on: April 12, 2016, 06:10:54 pm »

Something called Darksiders; two games plus soundtrack for the sequel are $4.99, down 90% from it's original price($49.99). Never heard of it, but that's a hell of a discount.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: April 12, 2016, 06:12:52 pm »

Something called Darksiders; two games plus soundtrack for the sequel are $4.99, down 90% from it's original price($49.99). Never heard of it, but that's a hell of a discount.

Darksiders is fun.  I quite liked it.  It sorta like Zelda.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: April 12, 2016, 06:38:55 pm »

Tabletop Flipping Simulator is half off. $10 US.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: April 12, 2016, 06:43:07 pm »

Darksiders is fun.  I quite liked it.  It sorta like Zelda.
In short, yes pretty much. It's a pretty good Zelda-like, just more violent and it takes abrahamic mythology in some pretty nice directions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: April 13, 2016, 04:27:04 am »

Agreed, good pair of games. They aren't long, and don't have as much exploration/metroidvania as I would have liked, but still a recommended purchase.

Too bad the dev dissolved so we won't get more with the other two horsemen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:49:30 am by Niveras »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: April 13, 2016, 05:41:27 am »

Darksiders 1 is most like the Zelda series. Darksiders 2 has RPG elements like random loot and levelling up skills. Darksiders 2 also has some more long term appeal with at least one, from what I remember, side boss to find and fight.

They're really nice on the visuals too. Lighting and environments are really impressively designed as I think they both have a strong influence from comic books.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: April 13, 2016, 06:55:39 am »

Darksiders 1 is most like the Zelda series.

Does it eventually open up from "brawl through enemies to a big boss, where you memorize patterns"? I killed the thing at the beginning that you throw cars at and then quit because that doesn't really interest me. While I've never played God of War, it struck me as more of a "wish-it-were-GoW".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: April 13, 2016, 08:34:45 am »

Does it eventually open up from "brawl through enemies to a big boss, where you memorize patterns"? I killed the thing at the beginning that you throw cars at and then quit because that doesn't really interest me. While I've never played God of War, it struck me as more of a "wish-it-were-GoW".
It does have puzzles, including block-pushing ones if that's what you're asking. Actually, there are even portal puzzles.

Too bad the dev dissolved so we won't get more with the other two horsemen.
Actually, Nordic (current owner of the franchise) has stated that there will be Darksiders 3, just not RIGHT NOW because they don't want it to be shit.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: April 13, 2016, 08:47:47 am »

The bosses are "find the weakness type" like in Zelda. From what I remember, most of the other bosses are fought in arenas rather than being static like the first one.

It works off a central hub, branching into the different zones that house each boss. Fire zone, desert zone and so on. So still brawling through enemies to get to a boss but with puzzles like pushing blocks, finding keys and so on like Teneb said.

Bosses work on the same style as Zelda in that you will find an item or weapon in that dungeon and have to use it on the following boss. As the game progresses you find new weapons, items and abilities that open up more variety in the brawling.

Darksiders 2, from what I vaguely remember, works similarly but more of a "hub with 2 paths with dungeons that unlock end dungeon. Move onto next hub with similar layout".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: April 13, 2016, 08:51:45 am »

Darksiders 2, from what I vaguely remember, works similarly but more of a "hub with 2 paths with dungeons that unlock end dungeon. Move onto next hub with similar layout". Do prince of persia parkour on the way.
FTFY

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:30 am »

I enjoyed Darksiders 1 way more than 2. 2 is a bigger game but it had a kind of obnoxious MMO vibe going on. (Random gear, rarity levels, blah blah.) I remember getting an hour into it and going "I don't have time for this."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12971 on: April 13, 2016, 10:55:25 am »

The first one (at least) also has many hidden/secret nooks and crannies to find, most of which are easier reached if you return to them later on with new abilities.
So another tally on the Zelda-like column.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: April 13, 2016, 08:59:57 pm »

You guys certainly sold me on it. It feels more like a mix between God of War and Devil May Cry than a Zelda game, to be honest. Still pretty good so far.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: April 13, 2016, 10:18:28 pm »

Bought darksiders 1 and 2 and played a bit of 2.

My only complaint is the camera.
I might just be bad at console games but OH GOD THE CAMERA.
You have to hold the left bomber (or was it trigger?) to see the enemy because in the normal view you just can'y see shit. I swear every time i dodge and want to go back to slashing and bashing i see deaths mighty chest instead of the enemies... unless i HOLD the left bumper/trigger.
Why can't it be a toggle instead?

Other than that it seems surprisingly solid and certainly better than a "mixed" rating would suggest.

Oh and playing it with mouse and keyboard is... weird. You no longer worry about the camera because tha mouse is adequate at keeping imp[ortant things in sight but the rest is needlessly convoluted.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: April 13, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »

You really shouldn't play Darksider 2 with a controller if the console port was any indication (it was terrible). Camera tends to be the most important thing in this kind of games, though, so stick with mouse+keyboard and you'll eventually get used to the weird controls.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1134