Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456543 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12840 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »

8970 things on sale. Holy crap.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12841 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

And no easy way to tell if there's anything interesting on that list D:

Post your findings I guess.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:34 pm »

Check your wishlist?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: February 05, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »

The 2013's Tomb Raider is pretty damn cheap, grabbed it myself; a friend of mine thoroughly recommended it, which makes me more confident about the purchase.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: February 05, 2016, 05:27:41 pm »

Check your wishlist?
I never made extensive use of the wishlist in the past and a lot of what was on it is already gone after the other sales we recently had. Steam is also hilariously bad at recommending stuff these days.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: February 05, 2016, 05:30:21 pm »

Yes another steam sale. Nifflas made another game? Might pick it up, I liked pretty much all his other games.

Still debating Don't Starve Together, but all the other games I want are not part of the sale. Thing is, I only palyed a few hours of Don't Starve, don't think I even unlocked the next character.

Oh, use this list if you want.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: February 05, 2016, 05:44:34 pm »

Tropico 5 complete edition is 35% off and that thing released just a week ago.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: February 05, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

The only game in my wishlist that's on sale at all is Undertale, 20% off.

... I have a weird wishlist, I guess.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: February 05, 2016, 06:27:38 pm »

Yes another steam sale. Nifflas made another game? Might pick it up, I liked pretty much all his other games.

Still debating Don't Starve Together, but all the other games I want are not part of the sale. Thing is, I only palyed a few hours of Don't Starve, don't think I even unlocked the next character.

Oh, use this list if you want.
What the new game Nifflas made?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: February 05, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »

Any opinions on The Last Federation? How prevalent are the bullet hell segments?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: February 05, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »

It's pretty good. The bullet hell segments are turn based. You can launch fighters and such, and equip your ship with abilities, and when you fire an ability or launch ships it emits an effect that eliminates bullets/missiles/etc around you as a side effect. There's a wide variety of abilities, most of which you don't start the game with and have to go looking for.

There are the segments where you have to reach a planet to deliver tech and you're just trying to dodge fire, and the regular battles where you're trying to blow up enemies but still don't want to get hit much (in practice the second of these can get very easy with some abilities or combinations of abilities).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:58:49 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: February 05, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »

The bullet hell sequences are also more aesthetic than mechanical, if you're worried about too much difficulty and whatnot -- the game is incredibly forgiving compared to your average bullet hell game. It shares the many bullets and patterns and such, but it's not really the same design principle in pretty much any other sense.

E: Frequency wise, though, yeah, combat is fairly common and fairly central to the game. It's generally the major method you're going to be using to influence things (either directly, or by using it to get resources you need to do so indirectly), so you'll be seeing plenty of it. Just... don't really think of them as bullet hell sequences. They're really just... not.

E2: Though yeah, I'd recommend it pretty easily. It's fairly fun. Not terribly replayable beyond two or three goes through each mode, imo, and any particular game is probably going to be not terribly lengthy, but definitely good for at least that much.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:12:47 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: February 05, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »

The bullet hell sequences are also more aesthetic than mechanical, if you're worried about too much difficulty and whatnot -- the game is incredibly forgiving compared to your average bullet hell game. It shares the many bullets and patterns and such, but it's not really the same design principle in pretty much any other sense.

E: Frequency wise, though, yeah, combat is fairly common and fairly central to the game. It's generally the major method you're going to be using to influence things (either directly, or by using it to get resources you need to do so indirectly), so you'll be seeing plenty of it. Just... don't really think of them as bullet hell sequences. They're really just... not.

E2: Though yeah, I'd recommend it pretty easily. It's fairly fun. Not terribly replayable beyond two or three goes through each mode, imo, and any particular game is probably going to be not terribly lengthy, but definitely good for at least that much.

That answered the questions I failed to ask properly. That was my issue with Bionic Dues, it was great for two plays and after that you'd basically seen it all. If I don't get struck with divine inspiration before the sale's off I may just opt to play through my backlog like a sensible person.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: February 06, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »

Pony Island is $4.5 from $4.99. I am watching an unfinished LP of it and its plot is the main draw.
Pony Island is a suspense puzzle game in disguise
The puzzles are pretty basic "program logic" with reaction elements being required to get caught in the appropriate logic loops. The main levels (not all is introduced immediately) involve moving ever to the right, being a 2d unicorn, jumping, killing enemies before they get you, and (eventually) not hitting the wrong enemies.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: February 06, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »

Agh, Gaben just gut punched me in the wallet with this sale.

Unable to control myself I grabbed Tropico 5 complete edition and Starpoint Gemini 2 Gold as well. Also picked up XCOM 2 off of GMG with a 20% off promo.

With all that said.....anyone recommend any good games they're seeing on sale?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1134