Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456714 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12750 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05:24 pm »

Bionic Dues is free over at Humble Bundle. Wonderful little 1 player robot roguelike.
"wonderful" might be a bit of a stretch, but it is interesting

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:24 pm »

Repetitive is the word I'd use myself. The game certainly could use more types of quirky enemy AI so that every mission doesn't feel the same.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: January 23, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

Speaking of which, all of Arcen's games are on sale on Humble.

And acquiring Bionic Dues resulted in Humble giving me a 15% off coupon to their newest game, Starward Rogue.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12753 on: January 23, 2016, 02:06:34 pm »

Bionic Dues is free over at Humble Bundle. Wonderful little 1 player robot roguelike.

I'm having a blast with it. It is a bit repetitive, but it's got enough random generation and stuff going on to hold my interest. Plus, free.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: January 23, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »

It didn't have lasting appeal with me, but the time I spent with it I really enjoyed. Well made little game. Money well spent considering it launched at around 10€ and has only gotten cheaper since.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: January 23, 2016, 02:50:36 pm »

That seems to be the rule for Arcen games. They tend to contain very interesting ideas or mechanics, but they never quite seem to gel together properly.

Personally, I liked Bionic Dues, despite same-y some of the stages felt, and how ridiculously overpowered you'd end up towards the end (unless you intentionally crippled yourself in some fashion).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: January 23, 2016, 03:37:11 pm »

I thought The Last Federation gelled pretty well, personally.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12757 on: January 23, 2016, 03:38:52 pm »

I thought The Last Federation gelled pretty well, personally.
Lacked replayability for me, and it was honestly fairly easy. I also thought the bullet hell system didn't fit well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: January 23, 2016, 03:41:37 pm »

I liked the turn based bullet hell system waaaaay more than any real-time one I've ever experienced, mostly because I'm terrible at those*.

* I always lose bullet hell games in the first level

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12759 on: January 23, 2016, 03:44:41 pm »

I liked the idea of the turn-based bullet hell, just didn't think it fit well with the empire building diplomacy side of the game.

"Hey I'm gonna give this race space faring technology but for some reason I need to fly in and drop it off physically at a specific location defended by hordes of enemy ships rather than just transmit it"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: January 28, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »

Sunless Sea is both on a free weekend and 40% off on steam. It is a pretty great game that is still getting new content on a mostly regular basis and will receive a DLC in the future.

2K is also having a sale on steam, but keep in mind that while XCOM is 75% off here, it is also in the current humble bundle.

Age of Mythology enhanced edition is getting its DLC out today, it seems, and so has a 75% discount on just the base game or a 55% one for the game + expansion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: January 28, 2016, 02:22:56 pm »

WH40K: Space Marines is on sale for $7.50, and it'll last another day.  All the DLC, which as far as I can tell is purely cosmetic and for the multiplayer, plus the base game is going for $15.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:25:31 pm by Cthulufaic »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12762 on: January 28, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is 67% off right now, might be worth a look at 13 dollars. Or a combo pack of Beyond Earth and Starships for 17.50

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:01 pm »

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is 67% off right now, might be worth a look at 13 dollars. Or a combo pack of Beyond Earth and Starships for 17.50

Notably, both are also in the Firaxis Humble Bundle at the 15 dollar mark.  BE alone would be cheaper with the sale, but the pack has more, of course.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12764 on: January 28, 2016, 06:17:08 pm »

Notably, both are also in the Firaxis Humble Bundle at the 15 dollar mark.  BE alone would be cheaper with the sale, but the pack has more, of course.
good catch!
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1134