Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456938 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12705 on: January 03, 2016, 10:04:59 am »

Bah, one card short of the full set.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: January 03, 2016, 01:27:12 pm »

The sale will soon be at an end and I've been gone for the last week. Anyone find anything interesting on sale?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12707 on: January 03, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »

The sale will soon be at an end and I've been gone for the last week. Anyone find anything interesting on sale?

Grow Home!! Easily the best purchase I've made in a long time.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: January 03, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »

I'm disappointed in myself right now.

I'm scrolling through the list of More Recommendations,

And there's so many great games that I haven't played and I really want.

And all the icons are darkened, and they have this little blue flag on the left.

That says "In Library".

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: January 03, 2016, 09:05:34 pm »

Psychonauts is $1. Totally a steal at that price if you don't have it yet.

Fallout new vegas is $2.50 which is absolutely insane, $6.79 for the ultimate edition which is worth it IMO (DLC are all pretty good).

Sol Survivor is $2.50, it's some kind of tower defense game one of my friends convinced me to buy. I've only played like an an hour so far but it seems pretty ok for the price.

Dungeon of dredmor complete $3.50, fun roguelike-lite with a good sense of humor (that I've still never managed to beat)

Skyrim legendary for $10, notable mostly because it's the cheapest it's ever been so far (afaik).

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: January 03, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »

I have $10 Steam credit to spend, and I'm totally at a loss as to what would be best to spend it on.  There's lots of stuff I'm interested in, but nothing that singles itself out as an immediate must.  Considering all the below..

Endless Legend
KeeperRL
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Chaos Reborn

Any recommendations between those or anything else outstanding that I'm missing?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: January 03, 2016, 10:44:12 pm »

Psychonauts is $1. Totally a steal at that price if you don't have it yet.

Fallout new vegas is $2.50 which is absolutely insane, $6.79 for the ultimate edition which is worth it IMO (DLC are all pretty good).

Sol Survivor is $2.50, it's some kind of tower defense game one of my friends convinced me to buy. I've only played like an an hour so far but it seems pretty ok for the price.

Dungeon of dredmor complete $3.50, fun roguelike-lite with a good sense of humor (that I've still never managed to beat)

Skyrim legendary for $10, notable mostly because it's the cheapest it's ever been so far (afaik).

Already have psychonauts and dredmor, both great games. Not a big fan of pure tower defense games and I've decided Bethesda wouldn't get a dime from me until they stop making their games half-assedly and relying on their fans to improve them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:01:26 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: January 03, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »

Nevermind.  I found it.  Crypt of the Necrodancer.  My library's pretty well-rounded, so it makes sense to go in for something unique.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: January 03, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I picked up Infinifactory during this sale and am really enjoying it.

It's made by the same guy who made SpaceChem, and it's similar in that you're given a number of inputs and you have to turn them into whatever the goal for that level is.

WHAT you need to do is always fairly straightforward. HOW to actually achieve it – and, moreover, manage to do it repeatedly – is the part that’ll make you go nuts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: January 04, 2016, 12:27:49 am »

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I picked up Infinifactory during this sale and am really enjoying it.

It's made by the same guy who made SpaceChem, and it's similar in that you're given a number of inputs and you have to turn them into whatever the goal for that level is.

WHAT you need to do is always fairly straightforward. HOW to actually achieve it – and, moreover, manage to do it repeatedly – is the part that’ll make you go nuts.
Good summary.  I absolutely loved it.  I found it a lot easier than SpaceChem, but it politely encourages optimization such that I found myself spending an hour or two on missions I already "solved".  Also it lets you skip a few missions per chapter, IIRC.

Nevermind.  I found it.  Crypt of the Necrodancer.  My library's pretty well-rounded, so it makes sense to go in for something unique.
Oh wow thanks, I'm getting this for a couple of friends (late solstice present or whatever).  I finally played it recently, unrelated to the sale, and was completely smitten.

It's pretty hard...  Unless you play as the bard, which lets you move at your own speed.  Which is a good way to learn how the enemies move.  But the rhythm concept is just great!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: January 04, 2016, 05:17:48 am »

Good summary.  I absolutely loved it.  I found it a lot easier than SpaceChem, but it politely encourages optimization such that I found myself spending an hour or two on missions I already "solved".  Also it lets you skip a few missions per chapter, IIRC.
Impulse bought this, regret nothing. Solving the puzzles can be pretty tricky, but it's the optimization that really catches me. I keep knowing that there's a more compact way to do something, and can't leave well enough alone until I've tried it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: January 13, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »

ubisoft Humble weekly bundle is a interesting twist. 10 bucks gets you into The Division Beta along with some other Clancy games. Can't really pay much since its the usual uPlay garbage but seems worth it just for a shot.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12717 on: January 15, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »

Big Pharma is 50% off on the Humble Store (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/bigpharma_storefront), and it's right up B12's alley. It's essentially impossible to explain, so I'll just say that it you build factories with lots of different machines to try to get ingredients' intensities to where they have good effects, and away from bad effects, and you can combine them and do lots of crazy things.

It's basically a game about optimisation, and it rules. Get it!

Space Run is also on a sale at GOG (http://www.gog.com/game/space_run). It's fun! I got a bit bored because you'd need to play each level multiple times until you knew what enemies were coming from where and when so you could prepare your ship for that. In longer runs, that just took a long time. Genuinely cool idea and gameplay though! Would just get too repetitive for longer levels!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: January 15, 2016, 11:13:15 pm »

Big Pharma is 50% off on the Humble Store (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/bigpharma_storefront), and it's right up B12's alley. It's essentially impossible to explain, so I'll just say that it you build factories with lots of different machines to try to get ingredients' intensities to where they have good effects, and away from bad effects, and you can combine them and do lots of crazy things.
I saw this on youtube. It looks really cool. My question is, does it have much real longevity right now, beyond the first few levels?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12719 on: January 16, 2016, 12:44:29 am »

I saw this on youtube. It looks really cool. My question is, does it have much real longevity right now, beyond the first few levels?

That's an excellent question. It's never going to be like DF, where you do whatever the heck you want. There is no campaign, just scenarios for you to try. What happens with me is this: if I build myself up to fire up any scenario, I love the nitty gritty of the gameplay. It grips me right up and I can't let go. But I often have a hard time motivating myself to fire up a scenario... because each individual scenario "feels meaningless"...

YMMV though, as I have a really, really hard time getting motivated for any game that doesn't have a big overarching dynamic campaign!
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1134