Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457078 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12645 on: December 23, 2015, 08:11:26 am »

Any good co-op/multiplayer titles that you guys can recommend?. Me and a couple of friends were looking for something to dig into. We tried Awesomenauts, Speedrunners, Risk of Rain and the like, but something more substantial would be nice. Genre doesn't really matter. (We'v been eyeing up Endless Legend, any opinions on that one would be great too).

Give your wallet some breathing room and just play Team Fortress 2. It fits the 'substantial' bill pretty nicely, having 8 years of content behind it and enough depth in skill to literally last for years of gameplay. Plus you'll get some free stuff to start you off in the game, since it's Christmas. You can unlock everything in the game for free just from playing, and it's still very active.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12646 on: December 23, 2015, 08:17:42 am »

Hrm... It says I've "unlocked" my 3 free trading cards for today, but there are no new items in my inventory. No event cards. Something broken?
Have you gone through three discovery queues since the sale started? I recall mine starting off saying that right after the sale began but it fixed itself after I did the first queue. Your three-a-day should reset at the same time each day that the sale started.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12647 on: December 23, 2015, 08:39:50 am »

Hrm... It says I've "unlocked" my 3 free trading cards for today, but there are no new items in my inventory. No event cards. Something broken?
Have you gone through three discovery queues since the sale started? I recall mine starting off saying that right after the sale began but it fixed itself after I did the first queue. Your three-a-day should reset at the same time each day that the sale started.

I guess that'll be it then. I did the three yesterday and it's been less than 24 hours. It said I could get 3 more now, but then I didn't get them - guess that was the bug. I'll have to wait until tonight (my time) when it rolls over.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: December 23, 2015, 08:47:16 am »

Any good co-op/multiplayer titles that you guys can recommend?. Me and a couple of friends were looking for something to dig into. We tried Awesomenauts, Speedrunners, Risk of Rain and the like, but something more substantial would be nice. Genre doesn't really matter. (We'v been eyeing up Endless Legend, any opinions on that one would be great too).
Have you tried Monaco? It's focused on stealth and heists, kinda like Payday but with 8 bit graphics.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:36 am »

Endless Legend isn't worth the money. The AI is criminally stupid and flagrantly cheats, but worse is the factions aren't balanced. At all. Dracons win. If there's no Dracons, Vaulters win. Cultists = snack. Traders = annoying joke faction.

It's a shame because the artwork is fantastic and the setting is awesome. Even the game mechanics aren't that bad, it's just that they didn't bother making the core systems work for shit.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: December 23, 2015, 12:17:27 pm »

Helldivers, 1-4 player co-op.  Much friendly fire, such democracy. Each 'planet' is about 3 separate missions, roughly 45 minutes.

The Red Solstice. 1-8 player co-op.  Explosive friendly fire.  Shoot zombiesfluffies.  Each round is roughly 1 hour under normal settings, if you make it that far.  There is a faster mode which shortens the time to 45-ish minutes, but it makes it more difficult.  They recently introduced a start from the middle setting(shaving off the first half of the game, the initial scavenging phase), I guess its harder, but supposed to be shorter time, have not had the chance to try it out yet.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:52:00 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: December 23, 2015, 05:12:29 pm »

If the sales are in fact locked in the way they are I suppose that's a good thing. I'll never forget when I accidentally broke my Morrowind CD during the sale and waited for it to go on sale so I could get it digitally, only to get it during the final day (or so I thought) and then find out it went on sale the very next day. I was so mad that I ended up just not playing the game at all.

Guess I'll get Helldivers at full price then.

According to this:  http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-the-best-deals-during-this-weeks-steam-sale-735529736

items can STILL go on a deeper discount if they are 'highlighted' but they should remain at that discount for the rest of the week.  But since this is the first year this is happening, it remains to be seen.

Since helldivers is new, it shouldnt go under 30% off.  but its too big of a game not to be featured in some way, so I'd wait for it to get 'highlighted' in some way that is better than 0% off later on.
Too late. Oops. Oh well, I played a bit yesterday and it's pretty good, but have yet to play with friends...

If Helldivers interests you, you might consider Magicka 1, as it's made by the same developer and Helldivers takes a lot of inspiration from their previous game.

Killing Floor if you like hoard mode games, and it actually supports 6 players because it's not a console game (or whatever reason co-op games seem to limit themselves to 4 players or less).

Guns of Icarus Online is neat but it is mostly populated by veteran players these days, and even that population is rather low. There's only PVP right now but they're working on a more PVE related expansion right now.

Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator and Pulsar: Lost Colony fall into similar categories that Guns of Icarus does, however instead of flying a steampunk balloon you're flying a spaceship. Artemis is more focused on 'roleplay' and was designed to be played essentially LAN, while Pulsar is more of a video game in the traditional sense.

AI War: Fleet Command (and optionally its expansions) if you're looking for a strategy game designed around co-op play (there is no PVP). It also contains tower defense elements if you're into those. Games will probably take place over multiple sessions.

Speaking of tower defense, there's Dungeon Defenders (both 1 and 2, and 2 is the low, low price of free), Sanctum (1 and 2, but I've only tried 2), and Orcs must Die 2. They are basically tower defense/action/shooter games, and they have co-op (Orcs Must Die 1 does not, and OMD 2 is only 2 player).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:14:17 pm by OzyTheSage »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: December 23, 2015, 08:27:54 pm »

Endless Legend isn't worth the money. The AI is criminally stupid and flagrantly cheats, but worse is the factions aren't balanced. At all. Dracons win. If there's no Dracons, Vaulters win. Cultists = snack. Traders = annoying joke faction.

It's a shame because the artwork is fantastic and the setting is awesome. Even the game mechanics aren't that bad, it's just that they didn't bother making the core systems work for shit.
I think that the last update was supposed to fix the AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: December 23, 2015, 08:54:34 pm »

I think that the last update was supposed to fix the AI.
I still thoroughly enjoy it, retarded AI or no, but I believe it was still attacking your frontliners instead of your archers and defaulting your archers to wade into melee to reach the enemy archers when I played it rather recently. Never noticed any particular problems with any other aspect of the AI.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12654 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »

If it weren't for the TERRIBLE tactical battle system, endless legends would be excitement.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: December 24, 2015, 10:47:54 am »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: December 24, 2015, 10:49:19 am »

Darn!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: December 24, 2015, 06:49:02 pm »

The Phantom Pain is 1/3 off on Steam. I've dumped a good 19 hours into it in less than a week, so I'd say it's pretty good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: December 25, 2015, 12:36:44 am »

If anyone is interested in old Star Wars games, they're pretty much all 70% off till 1/4. Got me the big bundle for $22 that had all the ones that were in the Xmas giveaway thread.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12659 on: December 25, 2015, 03:49:36 pm »

Just a note to everyone, Steam is suffering a severe problem at the moment following the brief downtime earlier today. The steam cache servers are caching pages that it should not be doing such as showing someone else's account summary if you click on your wallet amount. Also the storepages are randomly changing to other languages.

Edit: it's worse, you can see the purchase history and licences of the random account you are sent to, along with the registered email. Actual card details if you have them stored should not be accessible beyond the last 4 digits.

update: Steam seem to have just taken the community servers offline.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:10:44 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1134