Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457100 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12630 on: December 22, 2015, 06:59:23 pm »

Bleh. I just want first-person galaxy-exploration and planet-colonization and empire-building, is that too much to ask? :c
Too bad Shores of Hazeron is pretty much dead while the developer doesn't do anything but take potshots at the vultures circling overhead.

What do you mean by errors?
One says "#Economy_TradingCards_ReceivedFromPurchasing" while the rest say "Received from purchasing during the holiday sale."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: December 22, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »

Bleh. I just want first-person galaxy-exploration and planet-colonization and empire-building, is that too much to ask? :c
That...  sounds a bit like X3 maybe? I never got to play for more than a few minutes but from what I heard you could do a whole bunch of stuff involving making your own supply lines and such and managing trade routes, while also being able to fly anything from a little fighter to a huge capital ship.

If the sales are in fact locked in the way they are I suppose that's a good thing. I'll never forget when I accidentally broke my Morrowind CD during the sale and waited for it to go on sale so I could get it digitally, only to get it during the final day (or so I thought) and then find out it went on sale the very next day. I was so mad that I ended up just not playing the game at all.

Guess I'll get Helldivers at full price then.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: December 22, 2015, 08:26:05 pm »

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:37:01 am by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: December 22, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »

Uh... huh. It... looks like, if anyone out there was interested in the remake/update for Avernum 2, the complete spiderweb bundle is somehow going for a buck less. Just a heads up, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: December 22, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »

They announced a while back that they were completely doing away with the daily and flash sales, opting to have everything posted for the lowest price for the duration of each sale.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: December 22, 2015, 08:56:58 pm »

That...  sounds a bit like X3 maybe? I never got to play for more than a few minutes but from what I heard you could do a whole bunch of stuff involving making your own supply lines and such and managing trade routes, while also being able to fly anything from a little fighter to a huge capital ship.

Yeah pretty much. It's also a very clunky game - gonna need a lot of mods that introduces a lot of menus and fixes a lot of errors Egosoft couldn't fix themselves. And their mod forums are hell to navigate.

But if you like space sims - or at least ones that don't allow you to land on planets, X3 should be fine. Avoid X:Rebirth unless you're willing to shill out some money for a buggier game that killed its car-show benefits (changing ships).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: December 22, 2015, 10:09:13 pm »

If the sales are in fact locked in the way they are I suppose that's a good thing. I'll never forget when I accidentally broke my Morrowind CD during the sale and waited for it to go on sale so I could get it digitally, only to get it during the final day (or so I thought) and then find out it went on sale the very next day. I was so mad that I ended up just not playing the game at all.

Guess I'll get Helldivers at full price then.

According to this:  http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-the-best-deals-during-this-weeks-steam-sale-735529736

items can STILL go on a deeper discount if they are 'highlighted' but they should remain at that discount for the rest of the week.  But since this is the first year this is happening, it remains to be seen.

Since helldivers is new, it shouldnt go under 30% off.  but its too big of a game not to be featured in some way, so I'd wait for it to get 'highlighted' in some way that is better than 0% off later on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:28 pm »

All the games are I want are on sale, but on really pitiful sales of about 20% or less.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: December 22, 2015, 11:45:42 pm »

I don't know much about Planetary Annihilation, but it miight be on sale for 95% off over at Bundlestars for the next three hours. Have a gander, that's the digital deluxe edition, they've got the regular one for just a buck, too.

I thought it's made obsolete by the release of PA: Titans?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: December 23, 2015, 12:31:27 am »

I don't know much about Planetary Annihilation, but it miight be on sale for 95% off over at Bundlestars for the next three hours. Have a gander, that's the digital deluxe edition, they've got the regular one for just a buck, too.

I thought it's made obsolete by the release of PA: Titans?

Hence one dollar.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: December 23, 2015, 06:24:02 am »

A reminder to anyone who's stalking the steam sale only.

You can link your steam account(among others) to the isthereanydeal site, and once you upload your wishlist, it'll tell you where the best deals are, and if they're steam compatible(most are). And yes, usually other sites beat steam on their lowest prices, meaning even right now.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: December 23, 2015, 06:42:46 am »

A reminder to anyone who's stalking the steam sale only.

You can link your steam account(among others) to the isthereanydeal site, and once you upload your wishlist, it'll tell you where the best deals are, and if they're steam compatible(most are). And yes, usually other sites beat steam on their lowest prices, meaning even right now.
Not in RUR they don't. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: December 23, 2015, 07:13:57 am »

Any good co-op/multiplayer titles that you guys can recommend?. Me and a couple of friends were looking for something to dig into. We tried Awesomenauts, Speedrunners, Risk of Rain and the like, but something more substantial would be nice. Genre doesn't really matter. (We'v been eyeing up Endless Legend, any opinions on that one would be great too).

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12643 on: December 23, 2015, 08:01:28 am »

Hrm... It says I've "unlocked" my 3 free trading cards for today, but there are no new items in my inventory. No event cards. Something broken?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: December 23, 2015, 08:07:57 am »

Any good co-op/multiplayer titles that you guys can recommend?. Me and a couple of friends were looking for something to dig into. We tried Awesomenauts, Speedrunners, Risk of Rain and the like, but something more substantial would be nice. Genre doesn't really matter. (We'v been eyeing up Endless Legend, any opinions on that one would be great too).
Dominions 4, if you keep to reasonably-sized maps. Don't Starve Together could be fun. Terraria and Starbound are both fun as well. Space Engineers, in the same vein as those two. I can recommend lots of things, but they'll mostly be ones that don't have particularly awesome graphics. (seeing as I'm a "tablet gaming" sort of person) :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1134