Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457400 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12495 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:43 am »

Distant Worlds: Universe is on at %50 off which is probably the biggest discount I've seen it at.

Yes, it's been 50% at least once before.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12496 on: November 26, 2015, 09:48:19 am »

Just scored the Carpe Fulgur collection(includes Recettear and Fortune Summoners, two very kawaii games) for $10. Was $50.

Adding that to the other stuff I already bought... I think I should really stop looking at the Steam store page. Seriously. I don't think my willpower can hold.

It's pretty odd that the Carpe Fulgur collection doesn't include The Starry Midnight Sky We Make.
Carpe Fulgur finally got around to releasing something new? Is it what they were being all secretive about on their blog in response to questioning what they were working on a year or two back?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: November 26, 2015, 01:28:56 pm »

I can't seem to load my steam wishlist, or https://help.steampowered.com/ or http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ (or various other pages)

The store front page and pages about games seems to work fine though!
Aha. http://store.steampowered.com/explore/recommend/ shows sales from my wishlist, and the two games that aren't released yet also, apparently.

Edit: Doesn't appear to show all of them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: November 26, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »

Both a more often-updated one and this one from before agree that steam community is offline.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: November 26, 2015, 01:42:50 pm »

Just scored the Carpe Fulgur collection(includes Recettear and Fortune Summoners, two very kawaii games) for $10. Was $50.

Adding that to the other stuff I already bought... I think I should really stop looking at the Steam store page. Seriously. I don't think my willpower can hold.

It's pretty odd that the Carpe Fulgur collection doesn't include The Starry Midnight Sky We Make.
Carpe Fulgur finally got around to releasing something new? Is it what they were being all secretive about on their blog in response to questioning what they were working on a year or two back?

IIRC, what you're thinking about is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky which I believe Carpe Fulgur helped to localize, but it's not listed as being published by them on Steam.

I might be wrong on that though, just working on memory here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: November 26, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »

Wargame: Red Dragon is 66% off for $13.60 on Steam.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12501 on: November 26, 2015, 07:46:01 pm »

IIRC, what you're thinking about is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky which I believe Carpe Fulgur helped to localize, but it's not listed as being published by them on Steam.

I might be wrong on that though, just working on memory here.
I'm not so sure you're right, but 2 years does seem a little long for what I've seen of This Starry Midnight We Make. (rather misspelled earlier)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: November 27, 2015, 07:06:43 am »

What do you guys think about Hand of Fate? I was already looking at it like 2 or 3 sales before, but never decided to buy it, but would buy it along with Life is Strange and maybe Undertale (or hope on a discount in the winter sale?) Though, I'd like to get ADOM as well as the most recent CK2 DLC. Meh. Life is Strange will be definitly bought, though. Help.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: November 27, 2015, 07:16:36 am »

I own it on GoG... but the dev really dropped the ball there (Patches are way far behind and DLC is unavailble) so you are best off getting it on steam.
As for the game itself... it's pretty neat and the wildcards DLC supposedly adds a lot of value... not that i will likely ever play it.
Yes i'm salty about it.

Still long story short:
Arkham combat.
Pseudo roguelike "floors" made out of cards (all unlocked cards in endless mode and just the ones you have in your deck in challenges)
Made in Unity.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:39 am »

I got Mount and Blade Warband (at last) for £3:70 odd.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: November 27, 2015, 02:29:04 pm »

I own it on GoG... but the dev really dropped the ball there (Patches are way far behind and DLC is unavailble) so you are best off getting it on steam.
As for the game itself... it's pretty neat and the wildcards DLC supposedly adds a lot of value... not that i will likely ever play it.
Yes i'm salty about it.

Still long story short:
Arkham combat.
Pseudo roguelike "floors" made out of cards (all unlocked cards in endless mode and just the ones you have in your deck in challenges)
Made in Unity.

Yeah, I like Hand of Fate. Fun game. I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it so far.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12506 on: November 27, 2015, 06:24:23 pm »

Last I read about it (long time ago?), people complained about the combat itself being lackluster. Is that still a thing, or did something change? It seems like if that's a core part of enjoying the game and it ain't that great, no metacampaign deckbuilding thing is going to help?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: November 27, 2015, 07:18:54 pm »

The combat didn't change and its main problem is the engine and production values.
Let's be hones it's not Arkham or Shadow of mordor and with some more obscene items your character outright slides around the arenas to connect the next hit.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: November 28, 2015, 04:31:24 am »

Yeah, Unity is... well, surely not helping on my decision to buy. I think I'm going to skip it, though and buy something else instead.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12509 on: November 28, 2015, 05:37:55 am »

Why is Unity problematic? Just personal preferences or are Unity games problematic in any way? Asking because I did play few Unity games (KSP is one of them, at least) and everything seemed fine?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1134