Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457422 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12450 on: November 22, 2015, 09:11:03 am »

Guess they finally got tired of the complaints and wasted server bandwidth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: November 22, 2015, 09:47:12 am »

Thank goodness, that bullshit of having to check in every 12 hours got so old.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: November 23, 2015, 04:39:43 pm »

This is relevant: Grey Dog Software is having a 30% off sale for black Friday. 

Coupon Code: GDS30
Post from their forum announcing the sale.

Basically, they sell games like TEW2013 and WMMA4.

You can even get demos of em. 
But, with the full product, you'll have to deal with a single use license thing, where you'd have to unlicense it when changing computers/versions...

EDIT: Some clarifications.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:44:48 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12453 on: November 23, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »

Looking at their games, I see one called Arcadia: Guild of Heroes. It looks identical to the one called Redemption: Eternal Quest released on Steam. Is it the same game? Price is 3.99 regular price on Steam and 14.95 on their site.

Steam says SimProse is the creator of the Redemption one. A little digging seems to indicate SimProse is an offshoot of Grey Dog, or at least ran by the same head dev guy.

Are they selling the same game twice under different names, or is Arcadia a better version of Redemption? I have to wonder if Arcadia is a more fleshed out version that might actually include the more in depth features, or if they both suck equally and it's just overpriced.

Just wondering, since I bought Redemption: EQ in a bundle (bought the whole bundle for that game) assuming it would be an in depth adventurer management game based on their very ambitious sounding description, but after I bought it I realized it was very unfinished feature wise and only contained the most basic bare bones features of half the stuff they described and was missing the other half. Then they suddenly altered the description of the game on Steam, described it as a "casual" game, removed most of the planned features, and set the price lower than I had paid for the bundle. And basically left it as-is, totally unfinished and a piece of crap (imho, at least compared to the initial feature list). The whole thing has pretty much put me off on ever buying anything from that dev again.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: November 23, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531360

Yea its the same guy.  I expect its cause most of the games there are 'franchises' that are updated every few years.  Kinda like how EA does the Ball Manager 20XX series, but not yearly.   
At this point, I'd consider Redemption an updated version of Arcadia.  (Cause I don't remember Arcadia looking half that good... or being that good on gameplay.)

EDIT: The actual developer of the 2 manager games I consider good, WMMA4 and TEW2013 is someone else, Adam Ryland.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:59:57 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12455 on: November 23, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »

So Arcadia is an older, even crappier version of Redemption? Ouch. I feel for anyone who has paid $15 for it.

I can't comment on their other games, but I definitely don't recommend Arcadia or Redemption.

I guess some people might like Redemption. It's just ridiculously dumbed down. The "treasure" you find is just random fluff text that equates to random amounts of gold coins, there is no actual treasure or equipment or items. The "random generation" is actually just 3 different "quests" that are literally just a name of a place and a difficulty rating that are generated each turn, none of it is persistent at all. The "epic quests" involve reading a few random text paragraphs of what your guys did when they got there and how much money they found. The "battles" are you seeing the enemy's points and your points and being able to spend cards that you buy with all the money you find to improve your points and thus your ability to beat them. The only point of gathering money seems to be to buy cards and pay your adventurers, there isn't any special equipment to equip your guys and all of the schooling takes so long that it isn't at all worthwhile (your pact with them will end before they get any schooling, and you have to pay them more due to their increased skills, despite having to pay for their schooling). If you like the super shallow facebook games this one would be right up your alley, but don't go looking for depth.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: November 24, 2015, 01:01:50 pm »

GOG has a little sale on, Witcher 3 @ -50% / US$30, and some only-on-GOG bundle for varying discounts... Older GW titles, D+D stuff, and Star Trek.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: November 24, 2015, 01:56:04 pm »

That same sale has GalCiv III 50% off, for $25. If you ever planned on playing it, now's a good time. If you enjoyed GalCiv II, it's more of the same, with some welcome refinements and tweaks.

Planescape: Torment in particular is worth noting for the D&D titles, it's $4 right now.

3. Run Resize Enable

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:52 pm »

That same sale has GalCiv III 50% off, for $25. If you ever planned on playing it, now's a good time. If you enjoyed GalCiv II, it's more of the same, with some welcome refinements and tweaks.

That discount appears to be from a Stardock announcement 4 days ago... there's no expiry in news item, so no firm info when it ends, but probably sooner than the Witcher 3 ++ on the front page.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: November 24, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

That discount appears to be from a Stardock announcement 4 days ago... there's no expiry in news item, so no firm info when it ends, but probably sooner than the Witcher 3 ++ on the front page.
Huh, that's strange. Is it something they're only doing for GOG? Steam's still showing the $50 price.

3. Run Resize Enable

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: November 24, 2015, 03:39:08 pm »

Huh, that's strange. Is it something they're only doing for GOG? Steam's still showing the $50 price.

Yeah, Stardock and GOG just sorted out a contract, so a bit of fanfare.

http://www.gog.com/news/stardock_now_boarding_gogcom

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12461 on: November 24, 2015, 03:50:12 pm »

And GOG deals aren't exactly known for being synchronized with Steam, so...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: November 25, 2015, 12:47:07 am »

I forget, does Steam usually do any sort of Black Friday sales?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: November 25, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

Not unless they're so bad/lackluster that I've suppressed the memories of them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: November 25, 2015, 01:20:31 am »

Most tech companies seem to like mid-December sales (not just game ones, that is.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1134