Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457756 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12300 on: October 14, 2015, 09:42:15 pm »

Steam has a bunch of stealth titles on sale. For some reason, this includes Skyrim,
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:51 pm »

and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, although I don't think it's in the list.

(Although it took me an hour to get it to start and to run at 1920x1080 and I haven't even started a game yet)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »

A game called "Age of Decadence" has been finished up and released. Apparently it's an RPG with more of a focus on building relations and agreements with other characters rather than combat. I searched on the forum and the topic about the game was from 2012 when the demo came out.

Anyone have anything more to say about it here, or should I dredge up the old topic to keep things organised?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: October 15, 2015, 10:17:29 am »

Hmm...

I'm 99% sure I've played that game before. I think it was in early access or something?

I don't really recall anything noteworthy about it though. I remember doing a lot of backtracking and everything was brown. But perhaps it was because I played it before it was finished so it never really gripped me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: October 15, 2015, 10:24:51 am »

Steam has a bunch of stealth titles on sale. For some reason, this includes Skyrim,
Stealth mechanics. Really, some of the games there are 'stealth' only very very loosely.

I highly recommend Eldritch from that sale; it's essentially a Lovecraftian Roguelike FPS/RPG/everything else really.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: October 15, 2015, 10:29:20 am »

A game called "Age of Decadence" has been finished up and released. Apparently it's an RPG with more of a focus on building relations and agreements with other characters rather than combat. I searched on the forum and the topic about the game was from 2012 when the demo came out.

Anyone have anything more to say about it here, or should I dredge up the old topic to keep things organised?

I played the demo a ways back. They encourage you to avoid combat by making it incredibly lethal and (to my memory) random. People say it's a true RPG in the sense you play a role to the 9's, and there's a lot of character/NPC interactions. Can't say much more than that. It seems like the kind of game you can dump 100 hours into if it strikes your fancy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12306 on: October 15, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

Stealth mechanics. Really, some of the games there are 'stealth' only very very loosely.
Dunno what people are complaining about. I stealthed the heck out of that game, often not even attacking groups I could just sneak past.
Of course you don't *have* to stealth, but that doesn't mean that games that aren't 100% stealth are excluded from a group of other games with significant effects from stealth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: October 15, 2015, 01:20:29 pm »

Skyrim and stealth? Time for this image:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: October 15, 2015, 01:38:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But what about stealth crossbowing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: October 15, 2015, 01:43:52 pm »

There's something wrong with this image, Imperials come from Cyrodiil not Oblivion else we have walking daedra all over Tamriel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: October 15, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »

There's something wrong with this image, Imperials come from Cyrodiil not Oblivion else we have walking daedra all over Tamriel.

I don't feel like looking for that image of Rainier Wolfcastle, but... yeah.

Also, the Redguards did NOT descend from the Nords, as far as I know. Nor are the Altmer Thalmor the oldest race on Tamriel. That would either be the Ayleids, Khajiit or Argonians.

More understanding of the lore is not 100%.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: October 15, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »

"Redguards also make fairly decent stealth archers and have a natural advantage when assassinating targets at nighttime. Also they are black."

I lost it. That image is fantastic.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: October 15, 2015, 01:57:33 pm »

More understanding of the lore is not 100%.[/size]
That's because TES lore is rather contradictory and all over the place.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: October 15, 2015, 02:24:36 pm »

That "kajiit believed they went to the moon." Is that a thing that actually happened? Is it a reference to another game? Is it referenced in other games?

(I'm reminded of Everquest, where the Vah Shir, a new race of cat-people, was added with the Luclin expansion, Luclin being a moon of Norrath.)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: October 15, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

I don't feel like looking for that image of Rainier Wolfcastle, but... yeah.

Also, the Redguards did NOT descend from the Nords, as far as I know. Nor are the Altmer Thalmor the oldest race on Tamriel. That would either be the Ayleids, Khajiit or Argonians.

More understanding of the lore is not 100%.

In case it wasn't clear, that image was written by someone who does in fact understand the lore quite well and is well aware of the pain they cause you every time you read something like "Morrowind was another game in the Skyrim series".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1134