Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457887 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12195 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:13 am »

Stardock titles are also on sale, up to 75% off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: September 25, 2015, 04:30:09 am »

...There goes my money.

*looks at account balance*

Okay... There goes the money I set aside for computer upgrades. :D

EDIT: Should I buy the GTA Collection, or should I get GTA IV: The Complete Edition? The former has GTA IV, but the latter also has The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:51:32 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: September 25, 2015, 05:14:29 am »

Do you already have V, then? Because the current sale is probably the best we're going to see until (maybe) next summer, unless Rockstar gives a surprise holiday discount.

Also, the 50% off on GalCiv III seems worth. Yeah, it's flawed, but most of the reviews from people who've been playing since the first EA release say that Stardock has consistently been making improvements and resolving issues, and the last major ones are supposed to be fixed in either the current or next patch. Unless you didn't like GalCiv II, I suppose.

e: Lol. Okay. Got GTA V, finally got through all of R*'s shit and started the game download.

61GB. And their shitty launcher is only downloading at ~1/4 the speed I manage normally. -____________________-
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:03:07 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: September 25, 2015, 10:44:04 am »

Yeah, I'm likely going to pass up GTA V. Would buy through Humble if anywhere to donate 10%. Still not worth more than $40 for digital.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: September 25, 2015, 11:36:45 am »

Do you already have V, then? Because the current sale is probably the best we're going to see until (maybe) next summer, unless Rockstar gives a surprise holiday discount.

Also, the 50% off on GalCiv III seems worth. Yeah, it's flawed, but most of the reviews from people who've been playing since the first EA release say that Stardock has consistently been making improvements and resolving issues, and the last major ones are supposed to be fixed in either the current or next patch. Unless you didn't like GalCiv II, I suppose.

e: Lol. Okay. Got GTA V, finally got through all of R*'s shit and started the game download.

61GB. And their shitty launcher is only downloading at ~1/4 the speed I manage normally. -____________________-

Have fun with it trying to link up your Rockstar Social Club account with your Steam account. It worked all stupid for me the first day, kept claiming I wasn't signed in. So I had to manually sign in using, what I think, was my pre-existing RS SC account. It was all very confusing and frustrating.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: September 25, 2015, 12:23:12 pm »

Also, we had a Ultimate Apocalypse thread around here somewhere. Was pretty alright when we weren't getting smashed by certain races.

We shall have to pick that up again sometime. It was fun and I think we where close to finding the best level of difficulty for the A.I.
There is none really, AI is too crippling stupid. You can park a squad at their base to kill off any units and that will lock up the AI for the rest of the game. Course once they capped two points you are fucked at that point.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: September 25, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the AI usually got two points most of the time, and we beat them more than once.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: September 25, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the AI usually got two points most of the time, and we beat them more than once.
Depends on the difficulty setting, once you are on Hard or above all their units get buffed with health and spammed all over the place. Just it seems that if you invade too far into their territory the AI will stop their build up strategy and get tier locked.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12203 on: September 25, 2015, 01:45:15 pm »

Curious Expedition is free to play for 2 or 3 days: http://free.curious-expedition.com/

Fun roguelike exploration game :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: September 26, 2015, 03:34:05 pm »

Curious Expedition is fantastic, a brilliant game. Unfortunately, there's a persistent hard lock issue in combat which has prevented me finishing the 6 expeditions in a row needed.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: September 28, 2015, 04:21:02 am »

Total War Steam keys giveaway. First come first serve. No Escaped Lunatics. One key claim per person. Please PM me the key number you want, as per below.

Key #1 (combined)
Empire: Total War Collection
MEDIEVAL: Total War Collection

Key #2
Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection

Key #3
Napoleon: Total War Collection

Edit: All keys have been claimed and messaged to the respective Bay12ers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:30:25 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: September 28, 2015, 07:21:48 am »

Total War Steam keys giveaway. First come first serve. No Escaped Lunatics. One key claim per person. Please PM me the key number you want, as per below.

Key #1 (combined)
Empire: Total War Collection
MEDIEVAL: Total War Collection

Key #2
Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection

Key #3
Napoleon: Total War Collection

I'm not putting my name forward, because I already have all of these, but I must say that this is a nice giveaway. Napoleon and STW2 are both good games, especially if the latter contains the outstanding Fall of the Samurai.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: September 28, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »

I'll go for the Shogun 2 collection then if that's cool.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: September 28, 2015, 01:19:00 pm »

And I've PM'd for Napoleon, as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: September 28, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »

Just noticed that Steam has a ton of stuff on sale. Top of the list had Valkyria Chronicles, Tabletop Simulator, and the entire Red Faction franchise.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1134