Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457936 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12150 on: September 12, 2015, 11:03:25 am »

It seems like Russia is always the place to be for Steam purchases.

I'm sad the indie pinata is not Viva Pinata.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:23:07 pm by BigD145 »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: September 18, 2015, 06:15:29 am »

Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge are free on Origin.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12152 on: September 18, 2015, 10:38:07 am »

Lemme just go pull off a few fingernails, and I'll get right on that. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: September 18, 2015, 11:23:49 am »

Might have already been mentioned, but Dead Island GoTY edition is $3.99 on Steam until the 21st. I'd originally passed on DI as a console zombie whack-a-mole game with a flair for bad marketing ideas, but at that price I had no problems getting it. Has coop too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:54 am »

Very interesting weekend sale in GoG.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: September 18, 2015, 12:46:39 pm »

Lemme just go pull off a few fingernails, and I'll get right on that. :P

They're old enough that they probably aren't integrated into Origin's online-based DRM.

(Maybe they put in a wrapper .exe with the real .exe renamed to a different extension.  I don't know if the Origin DRM-makers use that trick.)

Anyway, if the overall cost of Origin is high enough to outweigh the benefit of free software, then don't do it.

I bought something once that used Origin.  But then I got a second copy that used Steam, probably from a bundle.  So bye-bye Origin.  Haven't missed it.

(Hmm, for some reason I have Desura and Gamefly installed.  Neither auto-starts though.)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12156 on: September 18, 2015, 12:52:58 pm »

Weekly bundle on Humble is Game Maker Studio. Full versions of everything (including the Android export at the highest tier), plus a bunch of games made with it AND their source codes. It's like the RPG Maker bundle they had a while back, except you can make GOOD games with this one. I'm excited... This might be the push I need to spend more time learning code (what little time I can find, anyway).

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

Origin doesn't seem problematic. It's not like SecuROM or Starforce, as far as I can tell.

That said, I haven't bought anything from it, and only have games that they've given away: SimCity 2000 special edition (already had, but now I can redownload from them if I want to), Sims 2 Ultimate Edition (played for a few days, then figured out how to live forever, training skills etc, without aging, and decided I had won the game and quit forever), Theme Hospital (quit after 15 minutes), Wing Commander III (ran it, couldn't pilot fighter with mouse, quit), Ultima VIII (already beat it in the 90s and also have it from the ultima collection so I don't know why I bothered), and now red alert 2 and yuri's revenge (I have fond memories of MP RA2 ~15 years ago).

Edit: They didn't even fix it so the resolution went above 1024x768x16bpp? Jeez.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:12:55 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: September 18, 2015, 01:36:51 pm »

Weekly bundle on Humble is Game Maker Studio. Full versions of everything (including the Android export at the highest tier), plus a bunch of games made with it AND their source codes. It's like the RPG Maker bundle they had a while back, except you can make GOOD games with this one. I'm excited... This might be the push I need to spend more time learning code (what little time I can find, anyway).
Also on humble bundle is the Total war bundle, so anyone looking to get some total war games can get several of the games for $15 (or less if you're willing to pass up Rome II)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: September 18, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »

Origin doesn't seem problematic. It's not like SecuROM or Starforce, as far as I can tell.

My biggest beef with Origin is limited installs. Which includes "reinstalling" a game after changing any one of CPU, video card, RAM, operating system, and possibly hard drive.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: September 18, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »

My biggest beef with Origin is limited installs. Which includes "reinstalling" a game after changing any one of CPU, video card, RAM, operating system, and possibly hard drive.
What? Origin lets you install games unlimited and doesn't check if your hardware has changed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: September 18, 2015, 02:28:42 pm »

What? Origin lets you install games unlimited and doesn't check if your hardware has changed.
The limited install crap was EA's pre-Origin DRM. They dropped that quite some time ago.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: September 18, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

Edit: They didn't even fix it so the resolution went above 1024x768x16bpp? Jeez.
ini editing can get you above 1024x768, but I'm not sure how to increase it from 16 to 32.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: September 18, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »

Changing from 16bit to 32bit color would involve making 32bit sprites, yeah?  Unless they're dynamically downscaled but that sounds crazy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12164 on: September 18, 2015, 03:27:23 pm »

To clarify, (nearly) all Origin titles require Origin to be installed. That includes RA2&Yuri.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1134