Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457998 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12135 on: September 11, 2015, 04:19:49 pm »

Well, worst case, you'll get something you don't really want, but have paid less than half price for it or better.
I strongly considered grabbing a few, but I've got a good deal of games on my Steam and not GOG, and I'm not sure they would let me gift a game I own elsewhere.
I do wish this had been at a time of year where me just gifting a few to others out of the blue wouldn't be odd.

This is not for all the people out there that ignore a 50% off a $5 game in order to wait for a 75% sale.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: September 11, 2015, 05:53:02 pm »

Did somebody here already grab a Pinata? What kind of games can you expect?
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12137 on: September 11, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

According to them, the price points are from 10-45$.
Could be a lot more than 75% off.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: September 11, 2015, 06:33:58 pm »

Humble Store has a bunch of encore deals. SupCom 1 Gold is $5. Too many to name really.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: September 11, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »

XCOM 2 prepurchase on STEAM!.......(hype rises)......

$AUD89.95.....(hype crashes back to the dust)

Edit: fixed stuff.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:56:29 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: September 11, 2015, 08:56:34 pm »

Were you expecting anything else, Australia? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:05 pm »

Honestly?  No.  I'll just wait 'til EB Games rushes out a boxed version so I'll only need to download the day one 3 gig patch.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: September 12, 2015, 04:56:26 am »

Bioshock infinite for $1/€1/£1 if you vote on the golden joystic from greenmangaming, "AND get exclusive discounts on BioShock 1 and 2".

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57:52 am »

I'm not sure what the problem is.

$90 AUD = $63 USD. That's pretty close to the $60 USD price

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12144 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:49 am »

According to them, the price points are from 10-45$.
Could be a lot more than 75% off.
Yep, even at worst, if you get a 10$ game and if we take in possibility of such game going 75% somewhere in the future, you only loose 0.5$ by paying 3$ for pinata... which isn't THAT much, tbh. Unless you speculate said game could go lower than 75%... But really, all in all it's not such a bad deal. And after all, it's a game of luck and it would be strange if the house didn't win at least in one case, eh?

My only problem is I have some of GoG's indie games already via not-GoG sites, so in worst case I could get something I already have...

So what about ToME? I'm kinda used to playing rougelikes for free, but at this price I really have barely a reason not to get it. Still, are the extras and DLC worth it?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: September 12, 2015, 06:53:03 am »

Not really. The DLC doesn't add much, two classes and a race and some lore, while being donator gives you a new class and the ability to pass items between characters. There might be a few more very minor things but those are the major ones.

There are already, like, three dozen classes, eight or nine races, so it is not a big increase. It's really just bonus stuff if you like the game enough already to throw some money at the dev.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:38 am »

There are already, like, three dozen classes, eight or nine races, so it is not a big increase. It's really just bonus stuff if you like the game enough already to throw some money at the dev.
This. Covers the question of donating to T4 (which is all buying it through GoG or steam is, since the vast majority of the game is free) pretty well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: September 12, 2015, 08:27:37 am »

The best thing to do with ToME, in my opinion, is to try it free and upgrade if you decide it's worth it. I really enjoyed it, once I stopped dying quite so much, and started taking advantage of the in-game chat.

Donating basically gets you some strong classes that are fun to play (not horribly unbalanced, but definitely on the higher end of the scale), access to the "Item Vault" which lets you store a limited number of items and retrieve them on other characters (potentially unbalancing, obviously, or a good way to give a weak character that one artifact that makes its build functional), and...custom character tiles, including beards for female dwarves.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: September 12, 2015, 10:19:46 am »

On the other hand, it is only about ~R$90 for me, which is great considering that new release prices went up with inflation. Fallout 4 is about R$240 right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: September 12, 2015, 10:34:08 am »

Heh, time to switch my VPN settings to Brazil again I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1134