Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458033 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12120 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:15 am »

Darklands is a pretty cool and interesting RPG from the 90s. It's an RPG from the 90s, so beware. But if that doesn't deter, here's RPS' take on it.

Oh, nice! Great game. Haven't played it in ages, but it's one I've been meaning to get ahold of again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: September 10, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

Saints row free weekend on steam, I'm not sure which ones are free since I already own everything except gat out of hell (and that is not free). SR 3 and 4 are both really fun GTA style games that don't take themselves seriously (at all) and are a ton of fun, if you've never played them I really suggest you try whichever one(s) are free out.

SR2 is more serious business but is still decent (though I've heard the PC port is terrible)

Also an Xcom free weekend too, another fun game if you've somehow never played it yet.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: September 10, 2015, 04:51:44 pm »

I enjoyed SR3 quite a bit. For some reason, I enjoyed 4 a lot less. Perhaps because I gorged on jumping and soaring in Prototype. But for a game that's supposed to be about guns and driving....giving you super powers and punching dudes into next week seemed to undercut the core of what the games are usually about. (There's still cars, and still guns, but why would you use them?)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: September 10, 2015, 07:04:41 pm »

Darklands is a pretty cool and interesting RPG from the 90s. It's an RPG from the 90s, so beware. But if that doesn't deter, here's RPS' take on it.

Oh, nice! Great game. Haven't played it in ages, but it's one I've been meaning to get ahold of again.
Huh, this looks neat. I might have to pick it up when it's on sale again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: September 10, 2015, 07:10:23 pm »

I enjoyed SR3 quite a bit. For some reason, I enjoyed 4 a lot less. Perhaps because I gorged on jumping and soaring in Prototype. But for a game that's supposed to be about guns and driving....giving you super powers and punching dudes into next week seemed to undercut the core of what the games are usually about. (There's still cars, and still guns, but why would you use them?)

4 was fun in a different way, but it lasted a lot less before you got bored. Only one gang and all that. But the dubstep gun was totally worth it, and I liked the powers for a while.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »

I saw a Mad Max bundle on IndieGala this past weekend but was on a trip so I didn't buy it. Then I watched someone play and it seemed like something I would love.

Imagine my surprise when I find out that, even though the bundle is over, the base game is still on sale in their store.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12126 on: September 11, 2015, 12:24:06 am »

Huh, this looks neat. I might have to pick it up when it's on sale again.

Oh my god, Darklands... I spent so, SO many hours at this when I was a teenager. (And then even MORE hours when I realized the original version was in German, and started playing it to practice the language.) It truly is an astounding game, and its genius has never been replicated. Now and then a group of fans pops up trying to remake it on a modern engine, but so far no one has ever succeeded.

Play it. Prepare yourself for bugs and awful controls, and be assured that it is well worth dealing with those things.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12127 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:04 am »

"Oh, Darklands on sale? Splendid! Now, let me just find my wallet..."

Few days and one I-forgot-what-I-was-supposed-to-be-doing moment later, I miss Darklands AGAIN. No, really, this must be at least third time I didn't manage to get it while on sale for one reason or the other. If this goes on I might even stop being a cheapskate and buy it at the regular price.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:17 am »

(And then even MORE hours when I realized the original version was in German, and started playing it to practice the language.)
Is it? I thought the developer was American. If the German version is decent, original or not, I'll still play it. It's a RPG in Germany after all. Funnily enough, I thought about making a Let's Play/Language Lesson for it. Don't wait for me to get around to do that though.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12129 on: September 11, 2015, 04:21:59 am »

(And then even MORE hours when I realized the original version was in German, and started playing it to practice the language.)
Is it? I thought the developer was American. If the German version is decent, original or not, I'll still play it. It's a RPG in Germany after all. Funnily enough, I thought about making a Let's Play/Language Lesson for it. Don't wait for me to get around to do that though.

I always assumed it was originally German, but it seems I may have been wrong - the developers do appear to be American. There is definitely a German version though. I'm trying to remember now if the German version was more or less buggy than the English version, and I can't for the life of me remember.

I actually didn't realize until just now that it's on Steam. How funny. I always had it as abandonware - couldn't find a way to buy it. Does it actually work if you play it through Steam? Seems like something it might be safer to get through GOG.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: September 11, 2015, 05:26:43 am »

Medieval Germany is kind of an unusual place for an RPG, I suppose. Plus, from what I've heard even the English version of the game used German terms which are explained in the manual.

To not make this post too much off-topic, there's a sale going on on GOG. You can get random games for $3 or just buy different discounted games.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: September 11, 2015, 02:28:44 pm »

GOG is having a Pinata sale for the end of the summer.  An Indie Pinata that has a surprise $10+ game for $3, and a bunch of other games 50%+ off.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: September 11, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

I'm not sure whether this is genius, idiotic, or both.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12133 on: September 11, 2015, 03:54:49 pm »

Well, worst case, you'll get something you don't really want, but have paid less than half price for it or better.
I strongly considered grabbing a few, but I've got a good deal of games on my Steam and not GOG, and I'm not sure they would let me gift a game I own elsewhere.
I do wish this had been at a time of year where me just gifting a few to others out of the blue wouldn't be odd.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: September 11, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »

I'm not sure whether this is genius, idiotic, or both.
It's genius, for GOG. Possibly idiotic for people buying it? ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1134