Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458053 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12105 on: August 29, 2015, 12:07:53 pm »

Rebirth is not included in that pack... bleh, already got all those games.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: August 29, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »

Not sure if this counts as a sale, but its not exactly a free game either. Guild Wars 2 is now free for the base game (with restrictions on free accounts, of course), and with an expansion that is not free coming soonish.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: August 29, 2015, 10:43:01 pm »

Interesting news nonetheless.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: August 31, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »

Dex is going for half price on the Humble sale. I was hoping somebody had some experience with it, and could provide a few insights.
These days, I'm hard pressed to get interested in a game. I'm mostly going for a general 'feel' of the setting and a good story, and appreciate if dodgy mechanics don't stand in the way. I also hate the unfinished feel in a game.
Any opinions on whether Dex delivers in those respects?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12109 on: August 31, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

2D action/platformer in a dystopian future (should've been obvious from the SSs/Vids.)
Good controls, though sometimes I wished for just a little more view distance.

Ranged combat is underpowered for most of the game, but with the viewing range, that's not as big a deal as it could be.
Doesn't help that ammo is pretty expensive to buy (though a good deal can just be found)

Decent enough story (some parts seem like they could be fleshed out, but all around solid.)

Good deal of side quests that provide a better backdrop to the main story, most of them not tedious, and can usually be completed en route to/from a story point.

Overall, a good buy at 50% (said the cheap-ass gamer who waits for 70% off :P)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: August 31, 2015, 04:08:25 pm »

Well. As far as I'm concerned, that's damning with a faint praise.
I was hoping for something akin to Dreamfall, with maybe questionable design choices, but large emotional payoff from the story.

Oh, well.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12111 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:12 pm »

It's more the other way around from my perspective.
I don't often praise games, and I always find things to nit-pick about. But I'm sure we differ on what we each see as deal-killers.
If there's a particular point that's stopping you, let me know, and maybe I can better elucidate on it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: September 05, 2015, 01:01:56 am »

There's a strategy sale in GOG this weekend.

Could someone give me pros and cons of GoG's HoI2 version vs HoI3?

I'm under the impression that HoI2 has a lot more modding love than 3...

PD: TBH both games seem semi-abandoned...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:41:05 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: September 05, 2015, 01:18:05 pm »

As someone who enjoyed CK2, EU3, and Vicky 2 (in about that order from most to least), I had a really hard time getting into HoI3.  I never got past the "how the fuck do I play this" stage.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: September 05, 2015, 09:57:50 pm »

Its not too surprising that HofI2 and 3 are a little abandoned. HofI3 is definitely the toughest of the Paradox Grand 4 to learn in some respects. They're also making a 4th one which comes out sometime in the next year, I think.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: September 06, 2015, 12:07:06 am »

Speaking of GOG, the Witcher series is still on sale. I've buy the first and second one for 5$ for both.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: September 06, 2015, 03:52:03 am »

https://groupees.com/bm22?live&utm_content=buffer1b8a9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Terra Nova for a buck.  One of the best sci-fi squad shooters ever made.  With power armor.  And squad progression.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:07 am »

For the next day, Focus Home Interactive is having a big sale. Most of these look good and it's still cheaper than buying separately even though I own a few.

Steam says some games in the package may have third party DRM. According to The Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam, those games would be Game of Thrones and Of Orcs and Men, though the DRM was supposedly removed from the former and was never on the Steam release of the latter.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12118 on: September 07, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »

Some good old games at GOG are on sale.
Also on sale is The Witcher series.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: September 10, 2015, 03:34:05 am »

Darklands is a pretty cool and interesting RPG from the 90s. It's an RPG from the 90s, so beware. But if that doesn't deter, here's RPS' take on it.
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1134