Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458093 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11970 on: July 22, 2015, 05:29:23 pm »

I heard you guys say that Fallen Enchantress was pretty good?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: July 22, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

I'd say it's fairly alright, sure. Especially with some mods.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: July 23, 2015, 01:40:40 pm »

Thanks to Quakecon, a lot of stuff is on sale, though for today the biggest discounts are for TES games.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: July 23, 2015, 02:09:01 pm »

Isn't Endless Space the sort of bland, boring one with the card-based combat system?

Despite the fact I just insulted the combat system, and despite the fact I agree it is a bit bland, it's still an ok game. I payed.... I think $5 or $6 and I feel like I got my money's worth, so ~$4.50 is a decent price. It's not going to last you hundreds of hours but you can probably get 20 - 40 hours of enjoyment if you like 4x games.

That's fair, but I'd say it's still not worth it unless you're burned out on pretty much every other 4X there is. I'm a little salty because I bought it a while ago sight-unseen for $20 or so.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: July 24, 2015, 07:47:23 pm »

Three days left for GOG's "good" EA sale. 60% off. You can all cry knowing the youngest game in there is 10 years old.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: July 30, 2015, 05:09:29 pm »

Crossposting from the free game list to here, because I couldn't find a specific topic for this title, and people should see this.

Race The Sun is free for a day!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/30/race-the-sun-free/

If I am reading the RPS article correctly, you have until 31 July @ 6:30pm (London time) to claim a copy for yourself.

If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Shadow of Mordor is 50% off right now on Steam, $24.99. Sort of kicking myself as someone just gave me a $20 in Steam wallet cash. Then again, I'll be away from my computer for a month, so buying a fun, casual EA game like Gang Beasts with the money instead of a 40+ hour playtime monster seems like an ok decision. I'll probably get during the Winter Sale.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: July 30, 2015, 05:51:34 pm »

Neat!  I did manage to clear enough space last week and played through the DLCs.  A neat beastlands with the dwarf and stealth-caragors, and...
A prequel playing as Celebrimbor himself  :o

Both were pretty fun!  Mostly just "more of the same", but with fresh abilities for the orcs and for the player.  And call me crazy, but I had fun wielding the one ring and fighting Sauron hand-to-hand.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: July 30, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »

Shadow of Mordor is 50% off right now on Steam, $24.99. Sort of kicking myself as someone just gave me a $20 in Steam wallet cash. Then again, I'll be away from my computer for a month, so buying a fun, casual EA game like Gang Beasts with the money instead of a 40+ hour playtime monster seems like an ok decision. I'll probably get during the Winter Sale.

I'm not sure how it compares to dollars, but it's cheaper in pounds at bundlestars - £12 compared to £15 on Steam even with 50% off: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: July 30, 2015, 08:34:41 pm »

$19.99. Pity. Oh well. I shall continue to wait.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:06 pm »

That's $20 for the base game and all DLC, not $25 for the base game alone.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: July 31, 2015, 12:21:44 am »

Good Old Games has added the RPG "Albion" to their game list. Though it came out in 1995, I think, I don't really remember much to do about it at the time.

That being said, I have played it a few years ago and it is a very interesting game. It is split up between top down, isometric gameplay like in Ultima VII but dungeons and the like are handled in a 3D, first person perspective. Combat is turn based on a grid.
The genre is scifi without getting too far into the story. I can recommend it because the setting is portrayed in a very well done manner.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: July 31, 2015, 04:01:00 pm »

Good Old Games has added the RPG "Albion" to their game list. Though it came out in 1995, I think, I don't really remember much to do about it at the time.

That being said, I have played it a few years ago and it is a very interesting game. It is split up between top down, isometric gameplay like in Ultima VII but dungeons and the like are handled in a 3D, first person perspective. Combat is turn based on a grid.
The genre is scifi without getting too far into the story. I can recommend it because the setting is portrayed in a very well done manner.
Man Albion, my first game that I saw animal boob.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: August 04, 2015, 07:01:57 pm »

Humble namico bandai bundle

$1 tier: pac-man championship edition, platformines, deadcore

Beat average ($5.91 atm): ridge racer unbound, enslaved odyssey to the west, ace combat assault horizon, (more coming soon)

$10 tier: dark souls 1

Enslaved is pretty good, it's an action platformer retelling of of the chinese story journey to the west set in a post-apocalyptic future. I actually really enjoyed it. Not sure how good the PC port is, I played on PS3

Dark souls is dark souls, I'm sure everyone has heard of it. Usually goes for cheaper than $10 in steam sales so unless you want the other stuff too, you should probably wait.

Have never heard of any of the other games.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:04:59 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »

Ace Combat games are usually entertaining. No clue about this one. The Humble Mobile bundle is Warhammer themed.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1134