Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458021 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11955 on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:33 am »

I just got a pair of -75% steam discount coupons, one for Dawn of War and another for the sequel. I have no idea if these apply to the expansions too, but I'll give them to whomever want them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11956 on: July 21, 2015, 09:21:14 am »

I got the same. If anyone wants them.

I think they were JUST on sale though, so...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: July 21, 2015, 01:47:38 pm »

New humble bundle.

$1 tier: outland, fallen enchantress: legendary heroes, mercenary kings

Beat the average ($4.16 atm): endless space, stanley parable, van helsing 2, (more coming soon)

$18 tier: space engineers

Probably going to wait till I see what's coming soon - I already have endless space and SE, am not interested in stanley parable, and while van helsing 2 looks interesting it also looks like something I'd never get around to actually playing (still have the first one I need to play at some point).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:09 pm »

van helsing 2 looks interesting

At least they got rid of the whole "additional classes as DLC", unless that is yet to come.

Hell, I don't really mind all that much if the classes were self-contained. That wasn't the case, however - you would get loads of unusable equipment for classes you could not play as.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: July 21, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

Fallen Enchantress and Stanley Parable, maybe. The rest is lackluster and half of them need further coding to be enjoyable.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: July 21, 2015, 03:13:19 pm »

Isn't Outland a ps3 game?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: July 21, 2015, 10:36:44 pm »

van helsing 2 looks interesting

At least they got rid of the whole "additional classes as DLC", unless that is yet to come.

Hell, I don't really mind all that much if the classes were self-contained. That wasn't the case, however - you would get loads of unusable equipment for classes you could not play as.

I found the first Van Helsing game to be quite fun. It's not very long but there is some nice variety within.
However, from what I've read the second and third kind of fell into a trap of "streamlining to the point of no variety". While the second one seems to be still enjoyable based on the majority of reviews, the third one seems to have removed a lot of the class skills and abilities which is a bit of an odd move for an ARPG.

I believe I've read that the company is planning on releasing a compilation of all three games together into one game sometime in the future. They are very much like small chapters of a larger game. Though, with this compilation, I do not know which game they're going to be basing the mechanics on since, as I mentioned above, the mechanics were changed in each instalment.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: July 21, 2015, 10:56:42 pm »

Endless Space is alright. Got a lot of indecipherable complexity to the combat-related portions of the game, and not exactly the greatest thing ever otherwise, but it's pretty nice for a mild space 4X.

That said, Endless Legend is much more streamlined and arguably more enjoyable, so unless you're looking for space shenanigans on the cheap specifically you'd probably be better off just getting EL.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: July 22, 2015, 01:58:43 am »

Isn't Endless Space the sort of bland, boring one with the card-based combat system?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: July 22, 2015, 02:44:47 am »

The Endless Legend AI is garbage. Don't buy it; it's not worth the money when they aren't even attempting to make the game fun.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: July 22, 2015, 06:55:07 am »

Endless Space is alright. Got a lot of indecipherable complexity to the combat-related portions of the game, and not exactly the greatest thing ever otherwise, but it's pretty nice for a mild space 4X.

That said, Endless Legend is much more streamlined and arguably more enjoyable, so unless you're looking for space shenanigans on the cheap specifically you'd probably be better off just getting EL.

Combat is actually relatively simple... I believe the reason people think it's complicated is because it's so incredibly poorly designed and balanced that it feels like you must be missing some hidden depth..... but there really isn't any.

Isn't Endless Space the sort of bland, boring one with the card-based combat system?

Despite the fact I just insulted the combat system, and despite the fact I agree it is a bit bland, it's still an ok game. I payed.... I think $5 or $6 and I feel like I got my money's worth, so ~$4.50 is a decent price. It's not going to last you hundreds of hours but you can probably get 20 - 40 hours of enjoyment if you like 4x games.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: July 22, 2015, 08:19:12 am »

Combat is actually relatively simple... I believe the reason people think it's complicated is because it's so incredibly poorly designed and balanced that it feels like you must be missing some hidden depth..... but there really isn't any.

Despite the fact I just insulted the combat system, and despite the fact I agree it is a bit bland, it's still an ok game. I payed.... I think $5 or $6 and I feel like I got my money's worth, so ~$4.50 is a decent price. It's not going to last you hundreds of hours but you can probably get 20 - 40 hours of enjoyment if you like 4x games.

Space Whales trumps Space Bears. (Just buy Sword of the Stars 1.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: July 22, 2015, 08:22:42 am »

if you're getting SotS1 though, you might as well get the whole thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:39 am »

Is it even sold piecemeal anymore? It's pretty much the collection for $10 or less much of the year as a digital sale.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1134