Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457954 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11895 on: July 03, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »

Dust: An Elysian Tail is on 80% off(3.39$) on Steam today.  Its a fairly decent platformer/beat-em-up game.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11896 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:08 am »

All games from Dawn of War 1 series are on sale this week under weeklong deals, 75% off. Strange enough, a complete DoW 1 pack is NOT on sale. Still, they are worth the hassle of buying each one individually, if you already have/don't plan on buying DoW 2 later.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: July 08, 2015, 11:42:16 am »

Ho ho...

That's pretty good actually. I think the only one worth replaying multiple times is Dark Crusade and the rest of the pack is kinda made irrelevant because of it. Soulstorm is uh... Let's not talk about that one. The story in the rest is very fun though.

I still think Dark Crusade is better than all the DoW 2s simply because I enjoy traditional RTSes more than squad-based things. If you like small scale squad micro then you'd probably like DoW 2 more.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11898 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:40 am »

While I enjoyed both DoW 1 and 2 quite a lot, 2 really nailed the feeling of chaotic combat that I think is the essence of 40k. Stuff was happening constantly, you're repositioning squads to cover and using abilities, then a fucking chaos dreadnought bursts through the wall like the kool-aid man and the whole tactical picture changes as he picks one of your dudes up and crushes the life out of him while giggling.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: July 08, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »

Whether Soulstorm is good or not I'll leave for discussion, but one might still wanna get it for Ultimate Apocalypse mod alone. It is the only Epic scale WH40K game around, after all (bar the ancient Final Liberation game).

Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: July 09, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »

Whether Soulstorm is good or not I'll leave for discussion, but one might still wanna get it for Ultimate Apocalypse mod alone. It is the only Epic scale WH40K game around, after all (bar the ancient Final Liberation game).

Considering all the changes made by Ultimate Apocalypse you shouldn't worry about ever playing vanilla Soulstorm at any time.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:06 pm »

All games from Dawn of War 1 series are on sale this week under weeklong deals, 75% off. Strange enough, a complete DoW 1 pack is NOT on sale. Still, they are worth the hassle of buying each one individually, if you already have/don't plan on buying DoW 2 later.

I see this on steam sales:

Buy Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection

Includes 4 items: WarhammerŽ 40,000: Dawn of WarŽ - Dark Crusade, WarhammerŽ 40,000: Dawn of WarŽ - Game of the Year Edition, WarhammerŽ 40,000: Dawn of WarŽ - Soulstorm, WarhammerŽ 40,000: Dawn Of WarŽ – Winter Assault

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: July 09, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

Its only $9.50 too. I might buy it as a gift for someone

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: July 09, 2015, 01:59:00 pm »

*shrug* At the time of me writing the original post it wasn't. Double checked then specifically because it seemed so strange. Now it is. Blame Steam.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: July 10, 2015, 10:56:57 am »

The Hitman and Deus Ex franchises are both on sale on GoG. If you don't have Blood Money or Deus Ex you probably should, and now is as good a chance as any.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11905 on: July 10, 2015, 01:35:22 pm »

The Hitman and Deus Ex franchises are both on sale on GoG. If you don't have Blood Money or Deus Ex you probably should, and now is as good a chance as any.
A lot more than just the Hitman and Deus Ex series are also on sale.
Other notables include: Startopia, Thief 1-3, Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, and Anachronox.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:01 am »

Humble Weekly has Arma 2, Take on Mars, and some other stuff from Bohemia. Mars is the only thing I might be interested in and it's at the $20 tier. I'm not paying $20 for an alpha. Did Arma 2 ever leave the "get sniped from 5 miles away" AI?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: July 11, 2015, 08:57:59 am »

wow, that GOG sale looks amazing.  Lots of excellent games on there.

Startopia was on my wishlist for a long time, but finally grabbed it on the summer sale.  the LoC series I hear is great, and has similarly been on my list for a while.  Project Eden, I always wished there were more games like that.  I loved that game.

This is a really good list of classics, I'm not sure there is a bad one on it.  Except Daikatana...

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: July 11, 2015, 09:11:56 am »

.. Legacy of Kain..
It lacks the very first game. LoK: Blood Omen.

I'm an idiot, so I redacted.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:34:27 am by Reyn »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: July 11, 2015, 09:18:10 am »

Abandonware/Torrents are disapproved of here by the owners of the site.

Also, Abandonia does not require a donation.
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1134