Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457780 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11820 on: June 21, 2015, 03:22:34 am »

Dang it, I've made a resolution not to buy anything this Steam sale, ignoring deals on Valkyre Chronicles, XCOM and various others... but Out There Somewhere looks REALLY tempting. And 0,19€. Now it's all down to either sticking to your principles or spending almost nothing to get something. Hrrrrmhp.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11821 on: June 21, 2015, 04:17:42 am »

Just went to buy Out There Somewhere when I realized it was already in my library. I know I've said this before, but I really do think I've got a bit of a bundle problem.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: June 21, 2015, 08:32:33 am »

Thanks to the Monster Summer Game I was so distracted from the sale and didn't have the urge to buy anything, even though there's still some nice stuff I'd get, just to have. But after I just accidently realized that Hand of Fate is on sale and that game looks really, really awesome, I'm a bit sad I can't get it because no damn money. :(

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: June 21, 2015, 08:43:38 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:25:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: June 21, 2015, 09:25:09 am »

Damn it, I want to buy Life Is Strange but both the bundles are glitching out on me. If I add them to my cart Steam won't let me complete the purchase because I have "redundant packages" that "overlap" even though there's just one item and nothing for it to overlap or be redundant with.
Weird, it shows the same thing when I put it in my cart... And it doesn't happen with Telltales' games, which have a similar episodic style... Must be a glitch with the package being registered as one entity instead of being a bundle of several separate games... Not sure why that would be, but I've never seen a game that has several "episodes" bundled but doesn't just sell them all as the game...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11825 on: June 21, 2015, 09:35:25 am »

Damn it, I want to buy Life Is Strange but both the bundles are glitching out on me. If I add them to my cart Steam won't let me complete the purchase because I have "redundant packages" that "overlap" even though there's just one item and nothing for it to overlap or be redundant with.
There are a ton of posts on the forum with other people having the same problem

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: June 21, 2015, 09:59:01 am »

Aaand I am OUT of money. Well done Valve, you win again.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: June 21, 2015, 10:16:08 am »

I had a hundred bucks kicking around and had a hard time finding anything good to buy. Spent maybe twenty. A digital copy of GTAV feels worthless, but the DVD version requires a 6 gig patch. :/

I did end up getting a gift copy of Non Nom Galaxy for $3.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:36:18 am by BigD145 »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #11828 on: June 21, 2015, 10:25:33 am »

I took the opportunity to get some ck2 DLC I didn't have at 75% off, and Way of Life at 50% off. Now I have pretty much everything for ck2 for when I next decide to play it, haha.

This monster game is nuts. I have just been joining for the cards and not really paying attention, but apparently the random game I got assigned to this time has a bunch of people actively playing and/or cheating in it. It's at level 618,830 and quickly climbing. It shot past 600 more levels while I was typing this. Not quite sure what the point is though, lol. I didn't get any extra cards for going up to ludicrous levels.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: June 21, 2015, 10:48:35 am »

I had a hundred bucks kicking around and had a hard time finding anything good to buy. Spent maybe twenty. A digital copy of GTAV feels worthless, but the DVD version requires a 6 gig patch. :/
Yeah, I picked up a few things, but it seems like I'm finally reaching the point where I already own all the good games. :P

@Paul
You get a special badge if you get to level 100,000,000; though it really takes a group of people working together with scripts to get that high. (Rumor is that 3 of the players in the first group to do it were Valve employees :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: June 21, 2015, 11:12:51 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:25:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: June 21, 2015, 12:13:12 pm »

Yeah, I picked up a few things, but it seems like I'm finally reaching the point where I already own all the good games. :P
That means you can finally get around to playing them :P

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: June 22, 2015, 11:26:05 am »

I did end up getting a gift copy of Non Nom Galaxy for $3.

Yeah, same here. I spent 40ish, though. It seemed like way too many of the games were early access, super artsy (read: cool concepts but content lite), or only like 10% discounts which didn't push them into my "willing to spend money on it" price bracket. I did pick up ckII plus a handful of dlc, which I'd been waiting for a sale on, LA Noire, and fallout NV.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: June 22, 2015, 11:53:47 am »

I spent $0.50 on this sale so I broke my vow not to spend any more on Steam. But I really wanted that portrait pack for CK2. :(

Oh and I bought XCOM Enemy Within for someone but that doesn't really count does it?

It's kinda amusing what age and money does to your spending habits. I remember when I was younger I would agonize over each dollar spent on games. Now it's like "I literally spend more than this on lunch."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: June 22, 2015, 11:59:37 am »

I've gotten to the point I only buy stuff that really speaks to me. There's half a dozen $60 releases I still am not motivated to buy even at 50% off. The days of buying big name titles just because they're $20 are kind of over for me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1134