Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457805 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11790 on: June 19, 2015, 03:45:41 pm »

Wow, 90% off Talisman and 70% off the Season Pass DLC.

If you have fond memories of the board game, this is WORTH GETTING.

Any DLC worth getting? Seems kind of... sketchy that a $1.50 game has $38 worth of DLC.

Also I notice a few friends have the game but none of them seem to have DLCs. Does everyone need to have it to use it? No point in buying it if I won't be able to use it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: June 19, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »

no, only one person needs to have a DLC, and everyone can use it.  Just like if everyone brought different board game expansions to a party and played together.

I endorse the Season Pass, it gives you all the DLC and all future DLC, which is quite a bit.  Fantasy Flight Games is still designing expansions for 4th ed, and they should continue to make digital copies of all of them.  It should be a lot of game.

It is already a lot of game, honestly.  Dungeon and Highland are the major corner board expansions that are out now.  Sacred Pool does some nice balancing and fixing of various things like warlock quest rewards and some events that are better tuned for different alignments. 

The other expansions are okay, but not as amazing.  I'd still pickup Season Pass though, City and Woodlands will be two more major board expansions, along with Dragon when those come out and the SP means you get them all included.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: June 19, 2015, 04:26:34 pm »

Completely unrelated to the sale (which I'm not even following because no cash lol): https://medium.com/@galyonkin/some-things-you-should-know-about-steam-5eaffcf33218

Interesting read on some stats about steam and its userbase

This is a great article (and not just because it agrees with things I've believed about EA games for a while now.) Not really relevant to the thread at hand, but great data and fairly solid analysis.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:34:37 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:00 pm »

Humblebundle and Steam both offering 75% discounts on Batman games are making me consider spending the cash on the first one.

How CPU heavy is Arkham Asylum?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11794 on: June 19, 2015, 07:25:45 pm »

Not particularly if you've almost anything from the last 5 years or so.
GPU is another matter, but a good card less than 5 years old should be fine as well.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: June 19, 2015, 07:33:11 pm »

It says a 3ghz single core CPU is minimum. That's sort of the higher end single core CPUs, which in terms of today's processors, means it's at the near bottom end. Most modern laptop processors should crush that requirement.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:40:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: June 19, 2015, 08:15:53 pm »

Unless it's single threaded the whole way :p
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:42 am »

Every Steam sale I notice that the Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Farcry: Blood Dragon pack is on sale and I get really excited. Each time forgetting that Blood Dragon has Uplay. If you don't want me to give you any money Ubisoft then continue doing what you do best. 

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: June 20, 2015, 01:58:19 am »

Well, I got Fallout 3. I've played New Vegas and the general tone is that FO3 is not as good, but I figured screw it, I need my Bethesda fix. Can anyone recommend mods for a first playthrough- community fixes and the like, or maybe quite well balanced additional content?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: June 20, 2015, 02:32:37 am »

Well, I got Fallout 3. I've played New Vegas and the general tone is that FO3 is not as good, but I figured screw it, I need my Bethesda fix. Can anyone recommend mods for a first playthrough- community fixes and the like, or maybe quite well balanced additional content?

Obligatory community fanpatch. UI overhaul to make it PC-friendly (but I can't remember the name of it, offhand.)

Check into stuff that uses CALIBR as far as extra guns go. The FOOK mod was pretty lore-friendly and balanced, with a lot of new content.

Get a weather replacer to wipe the piss lens from your character's eyes.

Combat Enhanced - Tactics does a pretty good job of making the enemies and followers smarter and gameplay more engaging.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:08 am »

I just want to point out that anyone who hasn't played The Stanley Parable absolutely MUST pick it up while it's $3.74.

It's an unforgettable gaming experience. Truly one of the last times I've felt a videogame recaptured the 'magic' that I fell in love with in gaming as a child.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: June 20, 2015, 10:23:06 am »

Personally I enjoyed FO3 way more than NV.

For mods I'd recommend Wanderer's Edition and Mart's Mutant Mod. Wouldn't recommend it for a first playthrough since they add lots of stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: June 20, 2015, 10:27:11 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:24:22 pm by penguinofhonor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: June 20, 2015, 10:58:59 am »

I just want to point out that anyone who hasn't played The Stanley Parable absolutely MUST pick it up while it's $3.74.

It's an unforgettable gaming experience. Truly one of the last times I've felt a videogame recaptured the 'magic' that I fell in love with in gaming as a child.

Yeah, it's an awesome game.

Also, Hatoful Boyfriend is on sale for $1.49! I am getting it and you cannot stop me.
But do you have pudding?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: June 20, 2015, 12:12:47 pm »

Wanderer's Edition is a must have mod.
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1134