Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457641 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11730 on: June 17, 2015, 07:57:23 pm »

Oblivion also has nehrim, which is reason enough to pick it up t'me. Falls under the mods category, but still.

I'm pretty sure it's the trees that do it for me, really. The forests in nehrim are just wonderful.

Though yeah, oblivion was decent enough. You just need to mod those faces out for something less pillsbury doughboy, ugh. And fix the scaling. Both of which are pretty trivial nowadays.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: June 17, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »

I was always one of the simpering traitors that liked it, so my opinion hasn't really changed much. That said, its value over Skyrim is pretty minimal; Oblivion fixed some of Morrowind's issues and kept some of Morrowind's issues, and then Skyrim fixed most of Oblivion's issues.

So if you want to get it just to see the progression, or to faff about with something that's neither Morrowind nor Skyrim, then Oblivion's there I guess. If you're looking for something to play instead of Skyrim, I'm not sure how much it really has to offer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:48 pm »

I actually enjoy the lore and mostly wanted the chance to see Cyrodiil more than anything. Thanks for the input, I'll consult my steam wallet.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: June 17, 2015, 08:19:27 pm »

"Cyrodiil" according to Oblivion all looks like mehworthy English countryside. Nothing but gentle hills and deciduous forests just about everywhere.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: June 17, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »

Oblivion's only saving grace is Sheogorath.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:08 pm »

Sims 3 on flash sale, rolling resists on it. But the resist check keeps on coming.  Does it require origin?

Apparently the Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires is on for 50% on daily sales.  Do I wait or say screw it and pick it up now?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »

I was very disappointed with Sims 3. Horrible optimization and bland gameplay. Lots of DLC, but they don't work very well together and none of them have enough content by themselves to make the game fun.

Love Dynasty Warriors, but I've only ever played it on console, and wouldn't expect the PC port to be very good.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:25 pm »

The page says it has partial controller support, whatever the hell that means.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: June 17, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »

Think that usually means, "It might work, but if it doesn't, you can screw right off mate." No actual support support, basically. Or it works for some controllers and they can't be arsed to do anything about the rest. That sort of stuff.

Probably kinda' irrelevant, honestly. If it doesn't have some kind of cheat protection that freaks out over joytokey or somethin', anything has controller support. Friggin' Opera has "controller support" -- one of my j2k profiles is set up for scrolling around webpages with a controller. Navigated around B12 a bit with one before :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: June 17, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »

Probably means 'You got one of those 360 controllers, right? Cause we don't have general support for the other ones'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: June 18, 2015, 12:25:16 am »

Oblivion is probably my least favorite of the main Elder Scrolls games, less unique and combat at high levels turn into hitting an enemy while back pedaling in circles for three minutes. Mostly devoid of memorable characters, lots of same dungeons. Shivering Isles expansion, which is a separate area, is better than the rest of the game by far. If you liked both skyrim and mortowind, I bet you'll get your $10 out of it
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: June 18, 2015, 12:54:08 am »

What? Skyrim Legendary edition is 14 bucks.
Skyrim DLC all total up to 23 bucks.

(I already have Skyrim, but not the DLC.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11742 on: June 18, 2015, 07:07:17 am »

Oblivion is probably my least favorite of the main Elder Scrolls games, less unique and combat at high levels turn into hitting an enemy while back pedaling in circles for three minutes.
Yea, it had a general problem with the enemy difficulty.
Enemies scaling up as you level up seems like a decent enough idea, but it a) gets very bland, and b) quickly gets out of hand if not fine-tuned (and it wasn't)
IIR, there is/was a few mods that directly dealt with the scaling. Some made the scaling more appropriate, and some basically got rid of it, giving different monsters either specifically set stats, or increased but barely growing stats.
Made the game a lot more interesting and fun for me.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: June 18, 2015, 07:08:31 am »

Oblivion is probably my least favorite of the main Elder Scrolls games, less unique and combat at high levels turn into hitting an enemy while back pedaling in circles for three minutes.
Enemies scaling up as you level up seems like a decent enough idea, but it a) gets very bland, and b) quickly gets out of hand if not fine-tuned (and it wasn't)
IIR, there is/was a few mods that directly dealt with the scaling. Some made the scaling more appropriate, and some basically got rid of it, giving different monsters either specifically set stats, or increased but barely growing stats.
I personally liked Oblivion, but yeah it was kind of silly when bandits ran around in Daedric armor.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11744 on: June 18, 2015, 07:51:32 am »

I personally liked Oblivion, but yeah it was kind of silly when bandits ran around in Daedric armor.
Even sillier when in Skyrim they try to rob you while you're riding along on your undead horse clad in full daedric armor wielding two daedric artifacts.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1134