Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457580 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11655 on: June 16, 2015, 07:30:31 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:19:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: June 16, 2015, 10:14:00 am »

SimCity4 is $4 at GOG. CD's can be had for around $10 shipped in the USA.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11657 on: June 16, 2015, 10:34:56 am »

Antichamber's worth it. I recommended Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball earlier (if friend), Burnout is actually pretty fun too. When Speedrunners (Mario Kart as a superhero freerunning racing game) is on sale, I definitely recommend it (avatar is a sample; my usual character to play as, and his taunt).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:41:44 am by Itnetlolor »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11658 on: June 16, 2015, 10:36:02 am »

I've wanted Typing of the Dead for a long while now, but I don't think I can justify spending that much money on it. I keep waiting for it to go 75% off... Clearly it won't happen this sale, but maybe in the future? If I buy it now who knows how long it'll be before I even get around to playing it, right? Might as well wait...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: June 16, 2015, 11:32:53 am »

Anyone thinks there is a chance for Tabletop Simulator to go lower than it currently is? I've been wanting to get it, but it might be hard to convince a friend to grab it at the current discount.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: June 16, 2015, 11:56:51 am »

Anyone thinks there is a chance for Tabletop Simulator to go lower than it currently is? I've been wanting to get it, but it might be hard to convince a friend to grab it at the current discount.

WAIT.  Don't buy.  $13.39 is really only a 10% discount, not a 33% discount.

List price is normally $14.99, not $19.99.  They raised the price just prior to sale start, to make the discount look bigger.  Check it out here.  Scum.

https://steamdb.info/app/286160/

It looks like there was a flash sale in Winter 2014 where the price went down to $8.99.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: June 16, 2015, 11:59:13 am »

List price is normally $14.99, not $19.99.  They raised the price just prior to sale start, to make the discount look bigger.  Check it out here.  Scum.

It looks like there was a flash sale in Winter 2014 where the price went down to $8.99.
Thanks for the warning. I'll wait until it gets lower. If it does.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: June 16, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »

While I won't argue that its not really a 33% discount, I would like to point out that the fact that Tabletop Simulator left early access almost two weeks ago is a more likely cause of the price hike.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »

I don't have time to pull up a source, but the price change is from leaving early access and was the product of unfortunate timing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: June 16, 2015, 12:09:45 pm »

I don't know about Salt, but Canada Simulator is tempting. The only problem is both are early access.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: June 16, 2015, 12:26:41 pm »

While I won't argue that its not really a 33% discount, I would like to point out that the fact that Tabletop Simulator left early access almost two weeks ago is a more likely cause of the price hike.

I don't have time to pull up a source, but the price change is from leaving early access and was the product of unfortunate timing.

Mmm.  The link I posted shows a price hike from $14.99 to $19.99 on June 5th, a week before the sale started.  Then it immediately got a 20% discount to $15.99, for an actual increase of just $1.00.

I stand by my claim.

EDIT: Here's the link you wanted.  It's a reddit post from a (claimed) dev claiming coincidental price increase.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/39i1ps/tabletop_simulator_price_increase_due_to_leaving/

But given the increase/discount shenanigans, I still stand by my claim.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:30:58 pm by 0x517A5D »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:15 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:19:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:15 pm »

So what, they should've kept the early access price and put the game on sale, even though it's now complete?

(Shrug) Up to them.  What they should not have done is raise the price and instantly discount it.  At best that's deceptive, at worst it's illegal.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: June 16, 2015, 01:03:36 pm »

Mmm.  The link I posted shows a price hike from $14.99 to $19.99 on June 5th, a week before the sale started.  Then it immediately got a 20% discount to $15.99, for an actual increase of just $1.00.
Games normally go on sale as soon as they are released, not completely sure what the problem here is. And June 5th was the actual release date. So why are you calling shenanigans? How is it not normal?

EDIT: Here's the link you wanted.  It's a reddit post from a (claimed) dev claiming coincidental price increase.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/39i1ps/tabletop_simulator_price_increase_due_to_leaving/

But given the increase/discount shenanigans, I still stand by my claim.
Said reddit post links to an article from mid-May, when the Steam sale date was still rumored mentioning the price increase. Is this game developer known for raising prices before a sale, because it seems to me to just be unfortunate timing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: June 16, 2015, 01:06:50 pm »

In other news, System Shock 2 is going for a dollar on the flash sale. I haven't played it myself but I've heard it's really good, any reason not to buy it?
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1134