Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457451 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11640 on: June 15, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »

Dungeons of Dredmor is $2.50, $3.50 for the complete pack (totally worth it).

I'm pretty sure everyone here has already heard of it, but just in case you haven't it's basically a roguelike lite with a silly sense of humor and huge eyebrows. I absolutely love it, even though I've STILL never beaten dredmor.

It is worth playing at that price, even though it's pretty much abandoned by the  creators, Gaslamp Games.  There are long-standing unfixed bugs and promised UI enhancements.  (My most-wanted feature is a second skill hotbar.  Either that, or a way to use a skill without putting it in the hotbar.)

If you're open to grabbing in on GOG, Sokobond will probably bubble up again there.  I don't recall if it was for more than -50% off, but at least GOG gives you multiple shots at most/all of their deals.

Thanks.  isthereanydeal.com says 70% off at GOG.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: June 15, 2015, 08:25:40 pm »

Anyone know if Cook Serve Delicious is good? Its a dollar currently as one of the game unlock deals.

Got it in a humble bundle a while back, yep totally worth it, especially if you like putting your keyboard skills to work.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11642 on: June 15, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »

Shadowrun Dragonfall is about 4$.
Didn't see it on frontpage last I looked.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: June 15, 2015, 09:20:19 pm »

I know I was warned about Dark Souls 1, but...

Wanted a skin color between farmhand "Barely enough color to look alive from the right angle" and grinning african.  Instead just those two, and shades of undead.  Which...  I don't know, possibly makes sense lore wise?  I watched the intro vid, but I really don't know who my character was.
No explanation of the stats, hovering does nothing of course, selection often didn't follow the mouse accurately.
Press green (A) to harvest the soul!  Sigh...  Yeah it was Q or whatever.
Pressing E does a chest-bump with the air?
Yeesh, this mouse sensitivity is way too high - escape doesn't open a menu!?

To be fair I went in knowing I probably couldn't play - There's no pausing, and that just doesn't work with my job.  Seriously though, what the fuck?  XBOX players get to pause by removing the controller, I hear.

Oh right I actually don't mind it starting windowed, I used to have a lot of trouble with a nonstandard monitor size and I like windowed games because I have to switch away a lot.
Except I can't switch away, no pausing
And it *doesn't hide the windows mouse cursor at all*, flipping heck!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: June 15, 2015, 09:27:37 pm »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: June 15, 2015, 09:36:58 pm »

Lol, this sale. I sold a $50 CS:GO knife on the marketplace so that I could buy more games without using my card, but then I spent most of it on guns and case keys. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: June 15, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »

If you use DSFix ("If"... who am I kidding?), be sure to toggle the FPS cap back down to 30 when sliding down stairs (default keybinding is backspace). Otherwise you might fall through the ground terrain when doing it at 60 FPS. I also think you jump slightly farther in 30 FPS, though I don't think it was ever necessary for me.

You should probably know this already as well, but DS plays like absolute garbage with keyboard controls. I think it was the original game that made Steam put that "controller is strongly recommended" warning on the steam page.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: June 15, 2015, 09:51:51 pm »

Yeah I shouldn't complain about that part, it makes sense.
Mostly disappointed that I can't pause.  The Wordpress blog's layout makes it really tough to see what DSFix actually *does*.  Best explanation I got was from Nexusmods:

It's an interception DINPUT8.dll that you place in the same folder as the game executable. It intercepts the game's calls to the DirectX 9 API and changes them as necessary to enable a higher internal rendering resolution and various other features.

I don't think I care about the framerate or resolution, I just want to pause.  And ideally know what button does what, but I'm resigned to getting a controller...  If I come back to this eventually.  May as well dig out my PS2 for Shadow of the Colossus or my Wii for Metroid Prime 1-3.

I should probably stop whining and ask for my refund, the game just isn't for me.  Just disappointing.
Huh, and apparently Dark Souls 2 is the same way.  How "hardcore", excuse the sour grapes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

While it certainly isn't a perfect substitute, you can quit out of the game at any time to "pause" as it saves all your progress.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: June 15, 2015, 10:01:37 pm »

Don't feel bad. I thought DS sucked too though I have no problem with the game existing as I like the genre as a whole. That it introduced a lot of people in hardcore games makes me happy.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: June 15, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »

If you use DSFix ("If"... who am I kidding?), be sure to toggle the FPS cap back down to 30 when sliding down stairs (default keybinding is backspace). Otherwise you might fall through the ground terrain when doing it at 60 FPS. I also think you jump slightly farther in 30 FPS, though I don't think it was ever necessary for me.
I haven't played at 60fps but I might play through the game again since I do have a New Game+ character now.

I heard that the ladder that causes the glitch the most is the one leading from underneath the Hellkite Wyvern to where the boar is in the parish (the one with the rats). I tested it on the first ladder in the game and it worked fine. Still, best not to take chances.

I also heard that there's a certain jump that you might have trouble with, and while I haven't heard anyone say it I imagine that there's another one that you could miss given how difficult it is even by default.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: June 15, 2015, 10:27:00 pm »

Just realized I said sliding down "stairs" instead of "ladders". Now I'm imagining seeing an invader calmly sliding down the huge set of stairs in Anor Londo...

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: June 15, 2015, 11:17:55 pm »

If you're open to grabbing in on GOG, Sokobond will probably bubble up again there.  I don't recall if it was for more than -50% off, but at least GOG gives you multiple shots at most/all of their deals.

Thanks.  isthereanydeal.com says 70% off at GOG.

As if on cue, Sokobond appeared with the most recent 12 hour rotation @ GOG...  -70%/ US$2.99 for the next 20 hours or so.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:14 am »

Huh.  Anyone else seeing "Dragon Age II" on the Steam front page with no price (and no discount) listed, and unclickable?  ???
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: June 16, 2015, 05:33:18 am »

Mostly disappointed that I can't pause.

Play the game. Run around a bit. Now quit back to menu. Load the game back. Where do you end up? Odds are pretty close to where you quit the game. Doesn't work with boss fights if I recall correctly, but for most of the gameplay that's a perfectly valid substitution for pause. It's still dumb that you can't properly pause, but what the game has works almost as well.
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1134