Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457164 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11475 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:19 am »

Generally the rule is if it's on flash sale, that's as cheap as it's going.

I'm waiting, personally; the aesthetic is incredible, sure, but it's not a top priority for me.
But wait until after the first 12 hours, because it will still be on sale and at a deeper discount.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: June 12, 2015, 08:43:21 am »

Generally the rule is if it's on flash sale, that's as cheap as it's going.

I'm waiting, personally; the aesthetic is incredible, sure, but it's not a top priority for me.
I think daily and flash sales are the same discount, so if you want it now get it before the daily deal is over. That said, if you can wait then it'll probably get a steeper discount in a few months on the winter sale or next year's summer sale.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: June 12, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »

PSA: All the C&C games from Tiberium Wars onward are on sale for 78% off. THIS IS A TRAP. They all relied on Gamespy for their multiplayer hosting and EA can't be arsed to provide their own, so you will have only singleplayer available.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: June 12, 2015, 12:19:00 pm »

If they have LAN support then Hamachi (or any similar VPN software) ought to work.  Though finding matches is up to you, of course.
I hope Steam builds in an option for VPN tunneling like that, someday.  Would really help with older games, and even certain semi-modern games which bizarrely require port forwarding.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: June 12, 2015, 12:20:20 pm »

people play c&c games online

what kind of heresy is this

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: June 12, 2015, 12:22:22 pm »

Grabbed the X-COM:EU/EW bundle, since I've been playing it to this point via my friend's shared games. And $10 is pretty damn cheap for the whole bundle.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:54 pm »

Risk of Rain on sale as part of a Flash Deal. 75% off, $2.50

Would highly recommend for fans of roguelikes/roguelites.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: June 12, 2015, 12:36:59 pm »

If they have LAN support then Hamachi (or any similar VPN software) ought to work.  Though finding matches is up to you, of course.
Checking it, gameranger has like 50 something plus varying C&C games going right now. The gamespy thing seems to be a trivial issue. That said, if you're after the original or RA 1 for multiplayer, try that free thing that's kicking around somewhere or another. It's pretty solid, when I checked it out earlier this year.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: June 12, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »

PSA: All the C&C games from Tiberium Wars onward are on sale for 78% off. THIS IS A TRAP. They all relied on Gamespy for their multiplayer hosting and EA can't be arsed to provide their own, so you will have only singleplayer available.
Isn't Tiberium Wars the last C&C game?  I wasn't aware they'd made anymore, apart from that brief talk about a Generals 2. 

EDIT: Whoops.  I completely forgot that there was a Tiberium Twilight. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: June 12, 2015, 12:42:24 pm »

No there wasn't.

Checking it, gameranger has like 50 something plus varying C&C games going right now. The gamespy thing seems to be a trivial issue. That said, if you're after the original or RA 1 for multiplayer, try that free thing that's kicking around somewhere or another. It's pretty solid, when I checked it out earlier this year.

OpenRA
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:17 pm »

Isn't Tiberium Wars the last C&C game?  I wasn't aware they'd made anymore, apart from that brief talk about a Generals 2. 

Red Alert 3. TT doesn't exist.

OpenRA

Yeah, there's the third-party route, of course.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: June 12, 2015, 12:53:33 pm »

There was some cutscenes, and also RA3.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: June 12, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »

Ah, I got Red Alert 3 and Tiberium War's release dates reversed, on top of the...apparently, the game that shan't be mentioned.  OK, thanks for the corrections. ^_^

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: June 12, 2015, 01:13:09 pm »

I actually have a CnC game on my old Nokia.

You have no idea how painful it is to play. Doesn't have any real base building, just a moving command centre that you can build defense towers around.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: June 12, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »

Waiting for 75-80% off for CK2 stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1134