Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457052 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11445 on: June 11, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »

Hey! Hey, listen! Valkyria Chronicles for $4.99. Buy that shit, yo. SupCom: FA for $7.49. Buy that shit too. Homeworld Remastered Collection for $13.99. If you don't buy that, it compounds with not buying Valkyria Chronicles and SupCom to indicate that you have zero taste if you like  strategy games.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: June 11, 2015, 05:40:33 pm »

Hey! Hey, listen! Valkyria Chronicles for $4.99. Buy that shit, yo. SupCom: FA for $7.49. Buy that shit too. Homeworld Remastered Collection for $13.99. If you don't buy that, it compounds with not buying Valkyria Chronicles and SupCom to indicate that you have zero taste if you like  strategy games.  :P
What, no love for Pandora First Contact? The real Alpha Centauri clone

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:41 pm »

I've played Pandora: First Contact when it came out. I didn't think it was all that spectacular. But maybe they've improved it a lot since I got it.

It's definitely better than Beyond Earth though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: June 11, 2015, 05:45:20 pm »

I've played Pandora: First Contact when it came out. I didn't think it was all that spectacular. But maybe they've improved it a lot since I got it.

It's definitely better than Beyond Earth though.
Its been getting regular updates and has a DLC expansion now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: June 11, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »

I'll second that a whole lot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: June 11, 2015, 05:52:47 pm »

What, no love for Pandora First Contact? The real Alpha Centauri clone

As I was with Civ:BE, I was extremely disappointed with the fact that all the voice overs are done by the same person. The inflections also never struck me right.

I understand it is a small-ish, non-English studio, so I don't know, maybe they just didn't have the budget or talent to do them properly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: June 11, 2015, 05:53:31 pm »

I also support Aklyon's recommendations.

Valkyria Chronicles has a super sappy anime story but the gameplay is tight and great. Not to mention the port is fantastic.

Supcom:FA is incredible and is great even today. Hell, it's probably best you play it now instead of when it came out because at least now you can actually run it. It has aged very well. I frigging love the campaign in this. I love bald old men getting irrationally annoyed at me. The MP is great too and the MP scene is very alive.

Homeworld is Homeworld. If you don't like Homeworld you should throw yourself off a cliff so we don't have to deal with your lack of taste and it doesn't spread to other humans like the contagion you are. That being said, when I played the remaster, there were quite a few problems with it such as bugs and strange weapon behaviour.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: June 11, 2015, 05:56:46 pm »

Homeworld is Homeworld. If you don't like Homeworld you should throw yourself off a cliff so we don't have to deal with your lack of taste and it doesn't spread to other humans like the contagion you are.

Being someone who has tried and found the game is not for me, I find this a bit offensive.
You are entitled to your opinion, just don't write off those who have different tastes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: June 11, 2015, 06:04:18 pm »

Homeworld is Homeworld. If you don't like Homeworld you should throw yourself off a cliff so we don't have to deal with your lack of taste and it doesn't spread to other humans like the contagion you are.

Being someone who has tried and found the game is not for me, I find this a bit offensive.
You are entitled to your opinion, just don't write off those who have different tastes.

I'm sorry. I wasn't born in the "I'm offended by everything" generation so I was being completely 100% serious. Where would you like me to mail your copy of Cliff Guides: Throwing Yourself Off & You to?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: June 11, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »

I'm sorry. I wasn't born in the "I'm offended by everything" generation so I was being completely 100% serious. Where would you like me to mail your copy of Cliff Guides: Throwing Yourself Off & You to?
Sweden, any random address will do. I'll probably get the copy, eventually.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: June 11, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

I wasn't able to get into Supcom, really. Then again, I generally prefer grand strategy games.

Me either. I'm not so much of a grand strategy gamer, but I like them. But SupCom felt so....coldly impersonal about it. I guess I just don't find swarm-style gameplay all that appealing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: June 11, 2015, 06:10:40 pm »

Is there any point to actually playing the game and clicking?

I know manually clicking does a lot more damage, and the manual click upgrades are more effective.... but on the other hand, me clicking adds basically nothing compared to the dps of all the people with the autoclickers in the lane. I feel like I'm destroying my mouse for nothing, and it actually feels like I get more gold with the game closed.

Also be very, very careful about buying upgrades while you're downloading - I bought 10 autoclicker upgrades, it took all my gold... and only gave me 1 upgrade.

Edit: just noticed there is a separate thread for the clicker game, sorry
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:13:55 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: June 11, 2015, 06:13:23 pm »

SupCom is grand strategy in a completely different definition, really. Instead of the strategy being grand, the forces that pull off the strategy are grand and may require air transports to move effectively across the map without getting stuck near all the previously destroyed wrecks demolished by heavy artillery.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: June 11, 2015, 06:16:13 pm »

Autoclickers are a thing you can buy in the game?

Ugh. I don't know how the mechanics of handing out cards for this work, but I've already gotten two just by signing into the game. Once while it was lagging out, another where I was able to click for a while before it lagged out. I have like zero motivation to contribute to this. Clicker games aren't my thing at all, and the lag is still too bad.

SupCom is grand strategy in a completely different definition, really. Instead of the strategy being grand, the forces that pull off the strategy are grand and may require air transports to move effectively across the map without getting stuck near all the previously destroyed wrecks demolished by heavy artillery.

Yeah but it if it was like, WWII guys crawling through the mud or whatever, that'd make it feel personal to me. "Woah, all those dudes dying." That these are just battle bots mass replicated from a walking factory/commander made it feel somehow fake to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11459 on: June 11, 2015, 06:19:16 pm »

Oh, do I love playing Cookie Clicker Monster Game. In lieu of breaking my mouse, I just decided to get myself an auto-clicker (90ms is a good enough rate for maximum clicks) and stick around for a few levels, or until the game stops working, instead of my mouse.

Is it me, or have people wimped out big time, and are no longer achievement hunting for prizes anymore? That's what I loved about the past winter and summer sales years ago. It actually got me to play some backlogged games, and even motivated me to buy a few games I otherwise wouldn't have considered before. Nowadays, it's trading cards and Facebook-Lite; basically things I wouldn't (normally) associate myself with. This year just doesn't have the pizazz I was expecting; being broke doesn't help either, and I thought this would be a good way to pass time; nope, more Cookie Clicker Monster Game.

EDIT:
Separate game thread just formed, don't worry.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:44:43 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1134