Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456854 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11370 on: June 09, 2015, 12:37:12 pm »

As usual, because of the new DLC, EUIV is now on sale for 75% off, everything up to Art of War, El Dorado related content is only 25% off.

Personally, I've been waiting on Art of War to go 75% off for a while, so I'm planning on finally grabbing it, but am going to pass on El Dorado for now until a greater discount.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #11371 on: June 09, 2015, 08:57:50 pm »

GoG.com is on its final stretch of this sales season thing. Worth having a look!

Only about 10h left!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: June 10, 2015, 12:45:36 am »

So, rumors that the steam summer sale start tomorrow.  Not sure how trustworthy the leaked messages detailign that are supposed to be, but we'll soon.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:56 am »

So, rumors that the steam summer sale start tomorrow.  Not sure how trustworthy the leaked messages detailign that are supposed to be, but we'll soon.

Very small weeklong sale this week... which usually means a big sale is coming up, plus every other sale leak has been accurate... so I'm about 90% convinced it's coming.

My wallet.... my wallet is ready
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: June 10, 2015, 05:59:50 am »

https://www.gog.com/
Not sure if everyone can see it or get it but GOG is giving away random games i think.
I got Some RTS while a friend got soem game with robin hood i think so it might be worth taking a close look at the main page because its hidden among the discounted titles.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: June 10, 2015, 07:24:32 am »

I got an email from paypal that just up and stated it would be the 11th-21st. (also wanted me to get gift cards for it lol)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: June 10, 2015, 07:54:18 am »

https://www.gog.com/
Not sure if everyone can see it or get it but GOG is giving away random games i think.
I got Some RTS while a friend got soem game with robin hood i think so it might be worth taking a close look at the main page because its hidden among the discounted titles.

Can confirm; just got Battle Realms (probably the "some RTS" you got.)  It was halfway down the page.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: June 11, 2015, 10:20:35 am »

in preparation of summer sales some shady publishers are rising prices to show up on discount while still enjoying high margin

beside being illegal in many places, this is just underhanded, and I encourage all b12ers to check the price history of anything they buy and boycott purchasing anything from publisher that raised their prices from the current week onward.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/39ckjx/some_companies_are_raising_prices_on_their_steam/

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: June 11, 2015, 10:32:43 am »

Yet another thing Valve should be policing but doesn't. Probably because "there's too much to keep track of."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: June 11, 2015, 10:39:40 am »

They need exactly 17,882,931,111,1561 $1 notes to fill their swimming pool and have to count it manually.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: June 11, 2015, 10:48:38 am »

Yet another thing Valve should be policing but doesn't. Probably because "there's too much to keep track of."

They make 30% regardless.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [INCOMING STEAM SUMMER SALE - PREPARE YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS]
« Reply #11381 on: June 11, 2015, 10:59:09 am »

Oh I get their motivation for not doing anything about it. But considering there are laws on the books in virtually every country they do business in, about this exact kind of scheme, they'd better do something or they're going to get sued. The EU already took them to task for returns, this will be no different.

I'm getting really sick of Valve's "we're just a middleman" attitude. It's complete bullshit.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: June 11, 2015, 11:01:23 am »

Or it might just be that "price gouging" as a legal term is only for essential goods during an emergency.  Good luck convincing anyone that vidja gaemz are essential...  those reddit kids are just trying to start some shit.

Is it still a dick move?  Sure, I guess, if you care about a World of Tanks knockoff.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: June 11, 2015, 11:04:26 am »

Is it still a dick move?

Is it a dick move, as the #1 retailer of video games in the world, to stand by and watch your vendors effectively lie to and cheat your customers while you rake in the cash for it?

It's not just a dick move. It's fraud, and their complacency AND their profiteering from it makes them just as culpable.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:09:23 am by nenjin »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11384 on: June 11, 2015, 11:09:43 am »

Dick move? Yes. Naked profiteering? Yes.

But it's not fraud to increase prices just before a sale. It's misleading, but just about all marketing is misleading. If the price of an item increases and the next day it goes on sale, it's still a legitimate discount off of the listed price. It's not a lie. It's just being a dick. Retail stores do this ALL the time. There's no minimum time limit between a price increase and a sale price.

So it's a dick move, but it's not illegal anywhere I know of, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1134