Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456637 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11280 on: June 02, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »

Playtime does absolutely nothing. Nothing. NOTHING. Same with achievements.
Except for determine whether you can get a refund now. I suppose you could mean that they are tracking the total time played regardless and are obfuscating the interface to only show the time played while steam is in online mode (for some reason).

FYI this isn't me bitching or complaining just voicing mild concerns about the system (in case that wasn't already clear).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: June 02, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »

It determines whether you can write a review for a product and now determines whether you can get a refund.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: June 02, 2015, 03:28:34 pm »

It provides me with a nice sense of shame when I've put hundreds of hours into the thing I bought last week.

If play time was tracked properly in offline mode back when I was too poor for internet, my shame would be much higher.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: June 02, 2015, 08:44:03 pm »

We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
Well then. Don't know many people that have ever bought a steam game that wouldn't have benefited from this at some point.

Also, I too hope they're not going to screw with offline mode.
Perhaps they intend to have the client report played time after reconnecting?
I could accept that change, but I think that would be the extent I'd accept.

People could just leave it offline and get the refund before they reconnect.

I doubt they care that much though. If someone is going to buy a game, put it in offline mode, play the whole thing then go for a refund they could probably get away with it (at least a few times) but it would be even easier for them to just pirate it... so why would anyone bother?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: June 02, 2015, 09:23:10 pm »

People could just leave it offline and get the refund before they reconnect.

I doubt they care that much though. If someone is going to buy a game, put it in offline mode, play the whole thing then go for a refund they could probably get away with it (at least a few times) but it would be even easier for them to just pirate it... so why would anyone bother?
Internet safety? Some unofficial copies have questionable changes.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: June 03, 2015, 01:30:05 am »

Honestly, it's not so hard for them to insure that playtime tracking works offline as well.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: June 03, 2015, 01:46:13 am »

Yeah it wouldn't be hard, but I doubt they really care.  The 14 days is the more important part, I think the 2 hours thing is just to deter the laziest exploiters.

Oh and there's a dedicated thread now
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151155.0
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:01 am »

GOG has started their Summer Sale; it appears to run until 21 June.  Four bundles on offer, rotating daily, and a few dozen highlighted titles, rotating every 12 hours.  I picked up Last Federation and its DLC for about US$6.00 from the starting round of 12-hour deals.

They are also doing a spend/reward thinger: spend US$1.00, get a gift code for Simcity 2000; US$20.00 is STALKER Clear Sky; US$50.00 gets you Xenonauts.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11288 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:35 am »

There's lot's of good stuff on sale, I'll highlight Machinarium for all those interested in point-and-click adventures with beautiful art, great music and emotional story. A bit short, but for 1,89€ well worth it. Another of my personal favorites would be Reus, colorful and fun game that needs to be loved more.

Then of course the usual suspects like Arcanum, King of Dragon Pass, Pathologic...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11289 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:20 am »

Bundle Stars have two new bundles out today, one focused mainly on match 3 and hidden object type games and the other focused on horror themed adventure games/point and clicks.

Lot of decent stuff on the GoG sale, Machinarium, Arcanum, SpaceChem, World of Goo, Botanicula to list a few.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: June 03, 2015, 11:55:15 am »

Also of note in the GOG sale is King of Dragon Pass for US$1.49. There is very little reason not to pick that game for that price.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: June 03, 2015, 12:47:11 pm »

They focus on Good Old Games, of course.  Though they carry a lot of new indie titles too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: June 03, 2015, 01:07:48 pm »

Also of note in the GOG sale is King of Dragon Pass for US$1.49. There is very little reason not to pick that game for that price.
One of the best games ever made. There's nothing like it. I got it mobile and love it.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:20 pm »

One of the best games ever made. There's nothing like it. I got it mobile and love it.

I disagree, I think it's incredibly overrated and don't understand why people like it so much.

It's super, super RNG based. You thought FTL was RNG based? This is 10000x worse. Even with everything set up perfect, sometimes you just lose because enemies raided you 4 times in a row then you got some bad events and there was literally nothing you could do, you just lose because RNG.

The difficulty is almost completely front-loaded too. Once I finally got lucky and survived the early game I was just steamrolling everything, had thousands of everything in stock, and buffed up clan ring with heroic skills. People would raid me but I had every war blessing and hundreds of magic, so I'd lose 1 - 2 guys and they would lose hundreds (and they kept coming back for more anyway). I ended up boringly mashing end turn over and over for around 10 years (1 year = 10 turns, so 100 turns of mashing "next turn") getting the same few events over and over before the game finally let me win.

The concept is amazing, but the actual game is not, which is very unfortunate.

Edit: I don't mean to suggest anyone is bad for liking it, just trying to offer another opinion. For $1.50 though it's so cheap if you think it sounds interesting you might as well get it and decide for yourself.. and if I'm being honest even though I didn't like it very much I probably got $1.50 worth of entertainment out of it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:10:14 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11294 on: June 03, 2015, 03:13:02 pm »

INFIDEL

BURN THE HERETIC
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1134