Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456516 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11220 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »

New from Steam. Kung Fury is on sale, 100% discount. Hah, just kidding, it's a movie and it's free.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11221 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:29 am »

And elsewhere on the net, Humble's weekly bundle rolled over...  it's Relic.

Get it, everyone, mid tier is worth it for DoW series alone. I fully expect they'll treat us with DoW:DC, DoW:SS and DoWII: CR though, would be a scandal if they wouldn't.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: May 29, 2015, 12:41:21 am »

Yeah, it's a little odd that they offer those specific DoW games. Normally Relic always bundles them all together.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:24 am »

Get it, everyone, mid tier is worth it for DoW series alone. I fully expect they'll treat us with DoW:DC, DoW:SS and DoWII: CR though, would be a scandal if they wouldn't.

The weekly bundle is WYSIWYG... there are no surprises at the halfway point, sorry.

If you really want some DoW1 Soulstorm action, you can get it for a few dollars on the next major sale (in about 4 weeks, if Steam's schedule stays about the same).  It has a pretty good modding community, I've heard.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11224 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:52 am »

Nah, I have them all already, that's why I was urging everybody to get this bundle (and there are some good mods out there indeed)... but yeah, didn't notice weeklys don't get anything extra added later on. Which is all the more shame in this case and also a bit strange, as umiman pointed out.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11225 on: May 29, 2015, 09:42:10 am »

Saints Row bundle:

$4.99 - Saints Row 2, Saints Row the Third + 17 DLC

$13.75 - Saints Row IV + 26 DLC

So I no longer have any excuses to put off buying these games. Take my money, IndieGala.... I've wanted to try these for ages anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: May 29, 2015, 09:49:10 am »

I would maybe just get SR3 and see if you like it. I love SR3. I found myself getting bored by SR4 faster that I thought I would. But maybe that's because I've played Prototype and the like.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11227 on: May 29, 2015, 09:49:44 am »

Too late! I got the whole thing. Now, which one should I play first? 2, 3, or 4?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: May 29, 2015, 09:55:40 am »

2 is a more or less serious GTA clone.

3 and 4 dip into batshit insanity.

It's really up to your preference.
And obviously 4 is more modern than 3 and will look nicer and 2 will look outdated by todays standards.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:41 am »

Too late! I got the whole thing. Now, which one should I play first? 2, 3, or 4?

Eh, 2 should be the first I think. While they don't rely that heavily on each other, playing 2 means you get a lot of the build up of relation with the characters, where people stand in the group and so on.

Plus it might be harder to come back later and play through 2 due to the game being a bit less PC port friendly than the others. There's a fan made patch/update called "Gentlemen of the Row" that adds and fixes a number of things.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: May 29, 2015, 10:05:16 am »

Yeah I started with 3 and was a bit lost for a while, and 4 has callbacks to everything prior. Still haven't been able to make myself go back and play 2, I wish I had started with that so I could see the madness unfold.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:11 am »

Play them in order, but get the Gentlmen of the Row mod for 2, as it is otherwise unplayable.

EDIT: Looks like Mech#4 beat me to it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:11 am »

Original Fallout games for cheap: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FALLOUTCC/fallout-classic-collection  66% off

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11233 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:19 am »

Yup. 66% off the price I paid for that pack ~12 years ago. :P
Good games to have just the same. Though I think I would look for a GOG version instead.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:59 am »

Saints Row 2 is the best of the Saints Row games IMO, be sure to fix the PC version before playing. I feel like the writing dipped in Saints Row 3 but it is still enjoyable. Saints Row 4 gets repetitive gameplay-wise but the writing is fantastic (it retroactively fixes SR3's writing) and the non-activity missions are a blast. Do not play SR4 before SR3.

Also don't play the Enter The Domiantrix DLC missions until you finish the game. For some reason it unlocks before all the missions it references and, as a result, spoils.
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 1134