Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456378 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11205 on: May 27, 2015, 01:13:33 pm »

I accidentally bought Killer Bundle 3 from Bundle Star twice and I am giving away the keys. If you are interested in the games included in the package, please PM me and I'll give you the Steam key. First come first serve basis and only one game per person. Also, no Escaped Lunatic.

Killer Bundle 3:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

List of games (will strike if claimed):
Planetary Annihilation
STALKER Call of Pripyat
Of Orcs andMen
it came from space, and ate our brains
Super Motherload
Merchants of Kaidan
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
Survivalist
Spark Rising
Could I have STALKER Call of Pripyat please?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11206 on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:54 pm »

I'd feel better if they were skateboarders that could grind right over my top.
The reason skaters have such a bad rep with gov't entities, is because they would (still do?) grind anything they can. Even plastic grind (plates/guards?) will still deface concrete and metal railings. As I've only seen them twice, I can guess that few riders have even heard of them, much less bought them.

It's been a couple decades since I've even associated with the culture, so grain of salt and so forth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: May 27, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »

Few I saw on campus never ground on anything that I saw, personally. Just used 'em to get around. It was mildly envy inducing to see them coast around in 90+ degree weather instead of walking.

They weren't nearly as interesting as the dude that got around campus on the unicycle, though. That guy was a'ight.

Also, why are we having this conversation in the sales thread?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: May 27, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »

Not on my campus. There are very strict rules about riding your skateboards on sidewalks. In fact I think there's city ordinances about riding your skateboards downtown.

My town really has it out for them. Meanwhile, they adore cyclists even though I've seen them being way bigger assholes/dangers to traffic than skateboarders.

My town allows cyclists on sidewalks. They are a huge threat to pedestrians AND other vehicles that do not expect someone to drive the wrong way on the sidewalk at 25mph when there's a bike line on both sides of the roads. Cyclists come out of nowhere when you're turning out of a parking lot. I'd feel better if they were skateboarders that could grind right over my top.

This is getting way off topic but, as a long-time commuter and recreational cyclist, I hate it when cyclists (usually young, inexperienced ones) disobey traffic laws.  I behave like traffic, except that I try to let people pass me.
The exceptions are coming to *complete* stops at stops signs (I OBVIOUSLY slow enough to where I can look carefully and then proceed, and I do stop if there is a vehicle queue) and the few conductance-sensor traffic lights which don't detect bicycles, so they never change.

It's not just inexperienced riders though...  Some people I used to ride with would always move up past stopped cars at traffic lights.  I never got that at all, because the last thing I want is for a bunch of cars to have to pass me.  I prefer trackstanding in my place in the queue, but maybe I just like showing off  ;)

Er sorry for contributing to the derail.  I have no idea if there's a more appropriate thread.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:14 pm »

Not on my campus. There are very strict rules about riding your skateboards on sidewalks. In fact I think there's city ordinances about riding your skateboards downtown.

My town really has it out for them. Meanwhile, they adore cyclists even though I've seen them being way bigger assholes/dangers to traffic than skateboarders.

My town allows cyclists on sidewalks. They are a huge threat to pedestrians AND other vehicles that do not expect someone to drive the wrong way on the sidewalk at 25mph when there's a bike line on both sides of the roads. Cyclists come out of nowhere when you're turning out of a parking lot. I'd feel better if they were skateboarders that could grind right over my top.

This is getting way off topic but, as a long-time commuter and recreational cyclist, I hate it when cyclists (usually young, inexperienced ones) disobey traffic laws.  I behave like traffic, except that I try to let people pass me.
The exceptions are coming to *complete* stops at stops signs (I OBVIOUSLY slow enough to where I can look carefully and then proceed, and I do stop if there is a vehicle queue) and the few conductance-sensor traffic lights which don't detect bicycles, so they never change.

It's not just inexperienced riders though...  Some people I used to ride with would always move up past stopped cars at traffic lights.  I never got that at all, because the last thing I want is for a bunch of cars to have to pass me.  I prefer trackstanding in my place in the queue, but maybe I just like showing off  ;)

Er sorry for contributing to the derail.  I have no idea if there's a more appropriate thread.

You are not a cyclist. You are a driver of a vehicle. A squishy one, certainly. Very squishy. Don't tempt fate with steel/aluminium 1-2 ton monsters. Modern cars in the past 10 years have much bigger blind spots than the previous decade.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: May 27, 2015, 02:28:45 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:12:43 pm by penguinofhonor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: May 27, 2015, 02:37:15 pm »

Skateboarders tend to wear helmets where pedestrians do not. Smacking into a pedestrian at 20mph can lead to skull breakage for that pedestrian.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: May 27, 2015, 02:42:50 pm »

They pull a 720 reverse kickflip and go into a handplant. It is so tubular that everyone around has to watch, leading to many vehicle crashes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: May 27, 2015, 02:44:12 pm »

It all depends on population density.  In cities, wheeled vehicles (possibly excepting wheelchairs) do not belong on sidewalks, period.

If you expect not so many people to be using your sidewalks, skateboards might be okay.

If you are on some sort of pastoral campus with super broad walkways, or out in the suburbs where no one walks anywhere maybe you can get away with bicycles on sidewalks -- though they still belong in the street.

It's situational for each community.  Many communities need better rules than they have, but you can't go applying logic from Martha's Vineyard to the streets of Manhattan.

On topic, the RPG Maker guys are on Steam Sale this week.  I think their whole product line, and related games.

Also Sproggiwood is 35% off, or just under $10.  Cutsey roguelike from the Caves of Qud guys.  Borrows many of the gameplay features (special moves and combos) from CoQ. 

I thought it was originally developed for mobile, but I guess not?  Seems to be available for Windows / Mac / Linux.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: May 27, 2015, 03:13:06 pm »

Green Man just sent me a $16 off coupon for the following:  Batman: Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, GTA V, Project CARS, The Elder Scrolls Online, WWE2K15, and F1 2015.

if anyone wants it, PM me and I'll send the code.  Its just one code for the discount on any of the games.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: May 28, 2015, 04:19:53 am »

Erm, disregard this post.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »

Distant Worlds Universe is -50% / US$29.99 as a Daily Deal @ Steam.

Given that Matrix/Slitherine usually swims against the current on sale pricing, this is a pretty good deal.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: May 28, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »

That is a good deal, probably lower than (or at least equal to) the original discount from owning the previous expansions.

Worth it, if you like scifi 4x.

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: May 28, 2015, 12:53:53 pm »

Definitely worth it, especially if you like complex space 4X. Not quite Aurora 4X levels of complex, but getting there.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: May 28, 2015, 01:14:45 pm »

And elsewhere on the net, Humble's weekly bundle rolled over...  it's Relic.

If you like what they do, holy crap is this an awesome deal.  Cheapest CoH2-all-the-things, so far.

Cheapo tier:

Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Company of Heroes Complete Edition
Company of Heroes 2 Soundtrack

Sliding Mid tier(US$4.53 at the moment):

Company of Heroes 2
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Flat High tier (US$15):