Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456471 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11145 on: May 18, 2015, 09:25:27 am »

Digital copies aren't much of a collection. Your real hobby is giving money to chairty and devs.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: May 18, 2015, 09:34:19 am »

Lol. 

Don't forget the distributors and underlying infrastructure providers.  Personally I hope they get the biggest share, since they are the ones creating things that I actually use.

No, thats not fair.  I get immense value from thinking about some of these games, so I do hope the Devs get their fair share.

But seriously:  Spacehulk?  I'm thinking of putting it in my not-a-collection but dont want to not-collect both of them if I don't need to.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:34 pm »

£1.50 for FTL is an utter steal. It'd be a good buy at ten times that.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11148 on: May 21, 2015, 01:49:04 pm »

Cosmic DJ is for sale for like $1 in the Humble store right now. (Not that it's normally expensive, but still.) It's not really a game, but that doesn't matter. It's SO much fun.

Also, on the Humble page it says it's early access. Not sure why - it doesn't say so on Steam. It is short, but it's complete.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:50:57 pm by Sappho »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11149 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:19 pm »

Harebrained Schemes' Shadowrun series went on sale on Steam.
Bit off the new one, and a good chunk off the other two.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: May 21, 2015, 03:28:05 pm »

Alpha protocol is on sale for 89 cents at humble bundle.
I think any RPG/stelth fan should get it it at that price.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11151 on: May 21, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »

Yeah, there's some really neat stuff on sale over at Humble store currently. For instance, Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition is 5,99€ for next 20h, Strike Vector (which I haven't played, but heard some people here saying it's pretty ok) goes for a mere 1,79€, complete Darksiders franchise, which I heard is quite fun, will cost you 8,24€, if you fancy some quality ARPG there's Titan Quest Gold for 1,99€ and FFS if you haven't yet gotten yourself Red Faction: Guerilla for any other reason than lack of money you owe it to yourself to finally grab it now (though tbh I THINK it might have gone even lower in the past, up to around 85% off, iirc). All in all quite cool.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:48:53 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:08 pm »

Alpha protocol is on sale for 89 cents at humble bundle.
I think any RPG/stelth fan should get it it at that price.
Seconding.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: May 21, 2015, 11:16:49 pm »

Kinda like Mass Effect with stealth and a really interesting conversation/reputation system.  I loved it, has replayability too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: May 21, 2015, 11:26:09 pm »

I'll gladly +1 to Alpha Protocol. It had the best morality system ever... because it didn't bother having one and actually let you make your own decisions.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: May 22, 2015, 05:47:40 am »

I'll gladly +1 to Alpha Protocol. It had the best morality system ever... because it didn't bother having one and actually let you make your own decisions.
Hell, you can be nice to everyone... then kill them all at the very last moment, with some caveats for situations where being hated gives you an opportunity to do so. Speaking of which, being an ass is as viable a playthrough as being a suckup.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: May 22, 2015, 09:18:59 am »

And you're expected to mix and match, there's no general "nice guy"-"asshole" meter which unlocks stuff.  Your relationship with a specific person affects their actions and your options with them (and their allies, in some ways).

This is also the game where it tells you how much your nonlethal takedowns cost in medical bills.  Or how many orphans you created.  Which makes it sound darker than it is...  A lot of things have unfortunate consequences, but whether the PC gets upset about collateral damage is up to the player.

Edit: There's a lot of light humor too.  There's even one particularly wacky boss fight, justified by the guy being a foreign-retro-culture obsessed nutcase.  Language warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPyxUUAyvNc
Final edit:  Stealth powers are useful in boss fights, too.  Gadgets, too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:02:08 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: May 22, 2015, 09:47:32 am »

And you're expected to mix and match, there's no general "nice guy"-"asshole" meter which unlocks stuff.  Your relationship with a specific person affects their actions and your options with them (and their allies, in some ways).
Or enemies, for that matter. There are two notable characters who dislike each other, not getting along with one gives you a small relations bonus with the other, but you can make both like you if you're feeling manipulative.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: May 22, 2015, 02:16:51 pm »

Anyone know who/what/where/when/why/how tabletop simulator is going to go on sale? Because I need a sale to convince everyone I know to buy it.

No shady websites please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: May 22, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1134