Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456625 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11100 on: May 13, 2015, 11:53:05 am »

Best way to get it would be waiting another 6 months or more, imo.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: May 13, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

Planetary Annihilation is 80% off on Steam.  Lots of hype and enthusiasm over the beta, tanked in actual reviews.
This was actually because instead of early access they did a pseudo-extended kickstarter. The result was that the first "early access" price (which gave all the bells and whistles of that kickstarter tier) was something like $60. Then they dropped the price (and total rewards you got) by $10 every couple months. The result was a ton of negative reviews going "WTF! $60 for early access average game!?! NOT WORTH!" despite the fact that they had literally come out and said that that was what they were going to do.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:22 pm »

IIRC the release price during EA started $80.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: May 13, 2015, 02:07:54 pm »

IIRC the release price during EA started $80.
$80 is like $60. :P

But yeah, the idea was that then you would get all the $80 kickstarter tier rewards as well, then they cut the "tier" every couple months and you could jump in when the game reached a price you wanted.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: May 13, 2015, 02:49:19 pm »

Didn't Prison Architect do a similar thing though, setting a high initial price and then decreasing it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: May 13, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »

Didn't Prison Architect do a similar thing though, setting a high initial price and then decreasing it?
Prison Architect is $30, and is sometimes on sale. Much lower starting point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: May 13, 2015, 10:01:38 pm »

Paradox Bundle at Humble.  I imagine most people who want these games have them, but it's got all four of their big grand strategy titles (EUIV at the 15 level), including CK2 with Sons of Abraham.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: May 13, 2015, 11:28:53 pm »

It's worth noting that while Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III are both great, they aren't really worth playing unless you also buy their expansion packs. EUIV and CKII both receive lots of free patch content, but without their paid expansions Vicky and HoI are in their buggy, definitely-not-as-fun release state.

I'm pretty sure Prison Architect's price has been constant throughout its development. Higher reward tiers existed for things like naming your own custom prisoner that could appear in the game.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34:13 pm »

Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program, Kenshi, Starmade and quite a few others started low and went higher. Some games have stayed at one price with a promise to never ever go on sale or change price for any reason.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: May 14, 2015, 07:11:39 am »

Free Planetary Annihilation Steam key to whoever PM me first. Only one available.

Edit: Claimed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:50:46 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11110 on: May 14, 2015, 11:57:45 am »

I'm pretty sure Prison Architect's price has been constant throughout its development. Higher reward tiers existed for things like naming your own custom prisoner that could appear in the game.
I know, I bought the thing as soon as it was announced that you could, but I could have sworn there was something about prices being higher to start with, so that people wouldn't pick it up for cheap and thing that it was bad rather than just in development.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordArchibald

• Bay Watcher
  • Indie Game Developer
    • View Profile
    • IndieGameDev
« Reply #11111 on: May 14, 2015, 12:09:04 pm »

I know, I bought the thing as soon as it was announced that you could, but I could have sworn there was something about prices being higher to start with, so that people wouldn't pick it up for cheap and thing that it was bad rather than just in development.
I recall at least one -50% IIRC. Anyway, I don't think it ever fallen below $15. Oh yes, and it was in a bundle once or twice (as the highest tier so it was $12 total I think?)
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown - classic RPG (topic)
Stellar Monarch - 4X, no micromanagement, turn based (topic)
Homepage: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SilverLemur

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: May 14, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »

Pretty sure thats why they set it at 30$, actually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: May 15, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »

Sid Meyer's Covert Action is on Humble Store sale today at 0,89 Euro, Steam-redeemable.

It's a steal at that price - it's essentially a proto-roguelike, surprisingly down-to-earth spy game, with 'gun down dozens of mooks' being just a step along the way with 'decode documents by solving a basic frequency analysis puzzle', 'detectivize identities of RNG EBIL TURRISTS to foil and their likewise random plot', 'hack errything with another minigame' and 'get frustrated at that dumb fucking car minigame'.

If enough people get it, we could get a Bay12 Let's Play going.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: May 15, 2015, 02:46:47 pm »

Humble Weekly Bundle is RPG's. Includes Paper Sorcerer and Sanctuary RPG. Sanctuary is probably worth it. I don't know about Agarest at all.
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1134