Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456705 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11085 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »

This one?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29

I was hoping for Star Trek: Bridge Commander since I played it at my brother's place recently, but sadly it's not on GoG that I can tell  :(  Maybe not old enough, I guess?  It ran easily and the first few levels were fun.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11086 on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:28 am »

Yes, that one.
Played on a Hercules, and on something in the EGA/VGA era later on.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: May 08, 2015, 09:53:14 am »

GOG now has Star Trek games: http://www.gog.com/news/star_trek_premieres_on_gogcom

Also, Nordic Games is back with a sale, 75% off all their games on GOG: http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_nordic_returns_080515
Black Mirror, Aquanox, Spellforce, Desperados, Full Spectrum Warrior, Dark Fall, The Guild, Panzer and some others.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: May 08, 2015, 12:05:13 pm »

This one?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29

Oh, I remember typing that into my Apple from Ahl's classic Basic Computer Games.  And then I didn't like it much.

Yes, that one.
Played on a Hercules, and on something in the EGA/VGA era later on.

EGATrek, maybe.  I played EGATrek so much back then.  Ah, nostalgia.

or VGATrek.  I never played this one, never even knew it existed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: May 08, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »

Holy shit, EGATrek. Haven't seen that since I was a kid.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: May 08, 2015, 01:22:06 pm »

I played a version of that bundled into a massive free/shareware collection for Win95.  Good times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: May 08, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

I played a version of that bundled into a massive free/shareware collection for Win95.  Good times.

Same here. The nostalgia pining was bad enough to force me to pay $5 to get all the crappy shareware in the collection I had as a kid.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11092 on: May 08, 2015, 02:28:25 pm »

The EGA trek looks like the later version, yea.
Looking at all three, it's pretty clear that they're all from the same base code and design.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11093 on: May 13, 2015, 06:07:49 am »

EGA Trek... Aha! Ahaha! Ahahahaha oh WOW!

This takes me BACK.
Spoiler: Waaaaay back (click to show/hide)

Back on topic, Steam has Strategy First sale these days. Nothing truly spectacular, but there are some titles worth noticing there. Also some other stuff in "Weeklong deals" section. Pick up Contraption maker if you fancy something akin to The Incredible Machines. Also, Betrayer is 80%, wanted to grab it for some time now. Haven't yet tried it, but reviews are very positive.

You also have Deepsliver week over at GamersGate. Sacred, Saint's Row, Dead Island etc. Decent enough.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: May 13, 2015, 06:36:14 am »

Planetary Annihilation is 80% off on Steam.  Lots of hype and enthusiasm over the beta, tanked in actual reviews.  Maybe they're patching it and updating it?

Today's Humble store sales are pretty good, too.  Square and Kalypso have most of their big titles on large discounts there.  I might grab Port Royal 3 and Rise of Venice, I'm a sucker for mercantile type games.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: May 13, 2015, 07:33:54 am »

Planetary Annihilation is 80% off on Steam.  Lots of hype and enthusiasm over the beta, tanked in actual reviews.  Maybe they're patching it and updating it?
It was also on bundlestars along with a bunch of other things for about the same price. I think it should still be.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: May 13, 2015, 10:42:57 am »

It was also on bundlestars along with a bunch of other things for about the same price. I think it should still be.

It is. $4.99 at http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: May 13, 2015, 11:00:29 am »

Let's put it this way...

They only got saving and loading working on the 12th of March. Saving and loading. It took them 6 months after release before you could save your games. Oh, it's still not complete though. You still can't save or load in the singleplayer galactic war for some bloody reason.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: May 13, 2015, 11:09:17 am »

But hey, the multiplayer works alright. I guess. if you wanted to do that. Even though its confusing enough playing against an AI.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:03 am »

It is. $4.99 at http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/killer-bundle-3/

The bundle is the best way to get it. Kaidan is okay and Stalker Pripyat is a fine game. It's not Clear Sky.
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1134