Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456983 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10950 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:19 am »

does GG come with steam activation? I thought it did, but I don't see anything about it there.  Perhaps I'm thinking of Green Man?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: April 10, 2015, 09:44:43 am »

GG has all sorts. Sometimes it's DRM free, sometimes it's steamworks, sometimes ubithing, sometimes securom. All sorts, depends on the game.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: April 10, 2015, 10:14:32 am »

Edit: Nevermind.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: April 10, 2015, 10:20:49 am »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI is on sale over at GamersGate for next good 21 hours as of writing this post, and for a mere 4,99€.

I'm moderately interested in it as I've seen in mentioned and I remember the series goijng back for long time ago but... never even touched one. Reviews say difficulty is kinda intimidating, but dunno, what do you guys/gals think? Any expert on RoTK out here who can persuade/dissuade in buying it?
Had me excited for a moment there, thought maybe they had earlier iterations of RotTK games somewhere... disappointment, but I'll buy this anyways.
The Japanese versions of these games, on PC, usually have something along the lines of a Power-Up-Kit, basically the equivalent to an Expansion pack that adds a buncha fancy new features if I remember correctly.  Wonder if this has that built in or not...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: April 10, 2015, 10:30:47 am »

Don't think so. AFAIK the PUKs are Japan only which massively sucks.

ROTK is great. It's not the deepest strategy game (actually quite simple when you get the hang of it) but there's so much character and the way they handle the battles is brilliant. There's nothing really like it out there.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10955 on: April 10, 2015, 11:54:44 am »

Though, uh. If you've got a friend in the states or somethin', you might want to see about trading some cash to them for the game, or something along those lines. Looks like GG's not bothering with exchange rates on that one. Might be able to shave a little off the price, heh.
I don't know anyone (good enough) to ask something like that of them. Still, thanks for suggestion.  :)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: April 10, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
That's a really fun game. It's pure strategy, though. Don't expect much of the semi-RPG focus of other instalments. There's no wandering officer for hire mode, just being a ruler and commanding armies. There are still the requisite personal battles and 'disputes', and you can marry your officers, iirc, but all that is in service of managing a kingdom and generally just being a warlord.

That said, I love it. Fantastic visual design and heroic battles. Really captures the feel of the period, as imagined in the novel (this game made me attempt to read the books, but I can't say I ever managed to finish the undertaking - at some point it becomes a boring Zhuge Liang wankfest - although I'll always remember Liu Bei eating a guy's wife).

I don't know about the difficulty. Maybe the first few tries, when you still learn how it all works. There's a point when it even becomes trivial to win, and all that's left to enjoy is the feeling of living through some heroic deeds. But there's a period in-between stumbling around and expertise when the game feels challenging and really, really fun.

You should be able to squeeze a few good hours of enjoyment out of this one.

i haven't played this series since the original.  did they remove the hard-coded time limit of a mongol invasion?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: April 10, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »

i haven't played this series since the original.  did they remove the hard-coded time limit of a mongol invasion?
It's been a while, but I don't remember any such events.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: April 10, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »

Maybe he's thinking about Crusader Kings or Total War.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: April 10, 2015, 03:24:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:27:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: April 10, 2015, 03:27:00 pm »

Is it?

Is it really though?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: April 10, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »

Is it?

Is it really though?
Yeah. Of your money.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: April 10, 2015, 05:09:00 pm »

Do it for the LOLs

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: April 10, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI is on sale over at GamersGate for next good 21 hours as of writing this post, and for a mere 4,99€.

I'm moderately interested in it as I've seen in mentioned and I remember the series goijng back for long time ago but... never even touched one. Reviews say difficulty is kinda intimidating, but dunno, what do you guys/gals think? Any expert on RoTK out here who can persuade/dissuade in buying it?

The initial learning wall is pretty steep to actually understand what the hell you are supposed to be doing, but it has a fairly long tutorial that will get you about halfway there.

Il Palazzo is right in that it can be hard and tricky at first but once you get the war machine rolling it becomes extended mop-up (a problem that was also common to the older games in the series, and most grand strategy.)

Beyond that, the combat mechanics are pretty fun, you can kill people by debating them to death, and it comes with a solid character creator so you can form your own nations or add more heroes to the game. If you grab an additional mod program you can add your own portraits and stick Guybrush Threepwood in there or something.

If you have someone gifted with the patience of saints you can play local hotseat multplayer, as well.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: April 10, 2015, 10:59:21 pm »

Goat Simulator is on sale on Steam for less than $4. That's a steal.
That's about $14 more than I'd pay for it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1134