Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457049 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10920 on: March 28, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Steam Edition is on sale for $5 right now (at least it was yesterday...should double check)

The steam edition is an updated version and it works with windows 7 and 8 without issue. Better performance and all that jazz.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:29 pm »

I have this thing where I don't want to buy full-price games. Cities: Skylines also looks pretty amazing.

Cue Enhanced Steam informing me about a $5 discount.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you're interested. I'm in the US and the DLGamer code didn't work, so my choices were limited.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: April 03, 2015, 04:21:07 pm »

Planetary Annihilation on sale for 6$ at Bundle Stars

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: April 03, 2015, 04:24:08 pm »

Planetary Annihilation on sale for 6$ at Bundle Stars

Continues to use "epic" improperly. Only delivered one 'race'. Overcharged during early access. Possibly worth a buck, no more.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: April 03, 2015, 04:24:45 pm »

Clear Sky is a bad Stalker game and I think the same goes for Fire and Sword for M&B. Tropico 4 is a fine Tropico game.

WFAS was my first M&B game and this is pretty much true. Doesnt mean it's a bad game though.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:05 pm »

The guns make it really different in Fire & Sword (IMO in a less fun way).
Besides, Warband has plenty of various gun powder mods if you want to try that aspect. Still, F&S is still M&B, and M&B is fun times.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

Overcharged during early access.
They didn't have early access, they just had a super-extended kickstarter. It threw people for a loop because it's the first time most of us have ever seen anything like that, but essentially what they did was just make it so that you could continue to pledge at a set kickstarter level (which included beta access) and then slowly lowered the reward tier available for pledging until the final release. I'm still not sure why everyone seemed so blindsided by it; they were very clear about what they were doing and what was going to happen with pricing as they drew closer to the final release.

Personally I've gotten several hours out of the game so far, and I still play occasionally, so make of it what you will. I personally think it's definitely worth it at $6.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10927 on: April 03, 2015, 04:58:15 pm »

I personally was never bothered with just one "race", the idea of width vs. depth appealed enough for me. But I wonder, did they ever deliver on that? Is there a chance for diverse strategies, or is it more or less just fun but simple game about dropping planets on your opponent? Also, any point in playing it solo or is it MP focused?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:30 pm »

The thing is most people will do exactly this:

"Oh, it's an early access game. Doo be doo *loads page*. EIGHTY DOLLARS?! UNPOSSIBRU! This is truly, truly, truly outrageous!"

and immediately rage about it forever while not looking into anything else.

First impressions are the most important, and the very first one they gave a lot of people was an absurd price point for EA, which has crap for track records anyway. They should have bit the bullet and waited to publish on steam for a while instead.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: April 03, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »

PA wasn't my cup of tea, but I knew going in that I was buying a SupCom style RTS and that I don't like SupCom RTS. But it was the early days of Kickstarter, and with stars in my eyes, I backed it maybe hoping it wasn't going to be the kind of game it is. Most things about the game I don't like can be countered with "Why did you back it if you knew it was going to be like that." To which I can only say "derp."

So I've kind of watched it performance from afar just going...."Man am I glad I don't really care about the game, or I'd be pissed."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: April 03, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »

But it is good if you like TA and SC, yeah?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: April 03, 2015, 05:55:33 pm »

I dunno if I'm honestly qualified to answer that. Reading their forums, the vocal people are saying that they under-delivered on complexity, units are too homogenous and lack depth, strats aren't as effective as just rushing and spamming so games play out the same often. They sold people on the idea of sending rocket-propelled asteroids into their enemies' base, and that certainly happens, but has it made for a good game?

Are these complaints of people who don't understand the kind of gameplay it was shooting for? Again, I feel under-qualified to say. I played SupCom for maybe an hour before I decided it wasn't for me. But I watched some competitive livestreams of PA and the commentators at least seemed excited about what was going. In what I've played of PA, it seems about like what I remember of SupCom. Crap loads of fast units, really fast build orders, mass moving troops, generic-feeling bases. The SP campaign last time I played...probably about a year ago or maybe longer, was a messy looking prototype that didn't add anything to the game.

So I dunno. I can't really be a lot of help on it other than recommending reading their forums and deciding who knows what they're talking about or not. I'd avoid the Steam reviews, they have pissed enough people off that they were flooded with TONS of negative, angry reviews. But you might find something in there that's informative if you can tolerate and filter out the vitriol.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:03:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: April 03, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

Just keep playing SupCom1 and expansion. They go on sale often.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: April 05, 2015, 07:24:12 am »

I'm thinking about buying Talos Principle, I liked the demo but I'm afraid of having only 5 hours of fun. How long is the campaign?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: April 05, 2015, 07:31:36 am »

According to HowLongToBeat it takes about fifteen hours.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1134