Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457148 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10890 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

E.Y.E. is lovly, I found the strange english adds to the mystery, but thats a personal choice. IT's complex enough as it is.

There is a mod to correct the translation. It is needed because the engrish devolves the further in you go. At one point, you are told to use a "lever", when, in truth, you are looking for a valve.

Spoiler: mandatory (click to show/hide)

I have never seen a more accurate image.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10891 on: March 19, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »

Steam has 2k sale, seems quite tasty.
Just that, in order to buy 10 gift copies, I would have to conduct 10 separate laggy purchases.  There's no way to add multiple gift copies to a single transaction.
Ah yeah, this is a bit problematic.

At one point, you are told to use a "lever", when, in truth, you are looking for a valve.
Huh, don't even remember that one. I'm such a fanboy, willingly forgetting/ignoring such things, hehe.

Also:
Spoiler: mandatory (click to show/hide)
I... wow.

Yes.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10892 on: March 20, 2015, 05:40:24 am »

There are a couple of free Steam key giveaways on indiegala.com right now. Pixel Puzzles Japan on the store page, Commando Jack on the Monday Bundle page. Just scroll past the games to see them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: March 20, 2015, 10:39:25 am »

Steam's holding a pretty big 2K sale at the moment. For me, the biggest eyecatcher is the complete edition of Civilization 5 (all expansions and as far as I can tell all DLC) for just about twelve and a half moneyunits.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: March 20, 2015, 11:46:51 am »

GOG RPG sale: http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_spring_breakers_200315  You have 3.5 days.

Buy Avernum. Worth it. Geneforge is known for having tons of content and branching paths with different endings.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:33 pm »

has anyone played the xcomfiles game?  Bureau?  Any good?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: March 20, 2015, 01:30:20 pm »

Like mass effect, but not good, or so my friend tell me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10897 on: March 20, 2015, 01:31:40 pm »

has anyone played the xcomfiles game?  Bureau?  Any good?
I found it to be a decent game, but for best enjoyment don't go in to it expecting any real link to any other xcom titles, take it as a stand alone game with occasional nods to the original.

At it's current price, it is worth it.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: March 20, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

Latest Indy Royale bundle has some interesting games.

I would buy it for Lantern Forge alone. Except that there have been exactly zero updates since August. And in theory it's a 1.0 game, feels like a crappy Tech demo of a Diablo/Minecraft hybrid. So go to hell, Lantern Forge. >:(

Ok, seriously. I suppose Postmortem seems nice... and the Sins one is a platformer that looks cool. The rest... meh...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:54:36 pm by Sergius »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: March 20, 2015, 05:04:46 pm »

GOG RPG sale: http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_spring_breakers_200315  You have 3.5 days.

Buy Avernum. Worth it. Geneforge is known for having tons of content and branching paths with different endings.
Also, Motoracer. Ahhhh, Motoracer. I'm tempted to get 1 just for nostalgia's sake (but it was, in fact, pretty damn fun game!) but Motoracer 2 has been tempting me for, oh dunno, ever since I bought NFS3 and there was a trailer for in on a CD?... Damn, I'm old.

Avernum is also tempting. Have Bioforge saga already and despite playing only the first one for only an hour or so, I can say it possesses some quality old-school RPG potential.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: March 21, 2015, 03:32:25 am »

Latest Indy Royale bundle has some interesting games.

I would buy it for Lantern Forge alone. Except that there have been exactly zero updates since August. And in theory it's a 1.0 game, feels like a crappy Tech demo of a Diablo/Minecraft hybrid. So go to hell, Lantern Forge. >:(

Ok, seriously. I suppose Postmortem seems nice... and the Sins one is a platformer that looks cool. The rest... meh...

I have Postmortem from... something I don't remember. It's interesting, but very, very short. Expect maybe an hour or two, if that, to explore the mansion, read through all the text and put together the web of how people are related before you pick who doesn't leave the party alive. Then you get a brief bit discussing how the community developed as a result of your chosen person not being present.

Lantern Forge temped me too, but... looking at other comments, it seemed to be pretty universally panned. The Blue Flamingo was the big temptation for me out of the bunch.

Avernum is also tempting. Have Bioforge saga already and despite playing only the first one for only an hour or so, I can say it possesses some quality old-school RPG potential.

My problem with Spiderweb Software games is that I never actually finish them. I've gotten all of them (with the exception of the latest, Avernum 2) and the only one I ever actually finished was Exile III. Having said that, the Geneforge series is tremendous fun, and I love playing as a Shaper to go forth with a creature army.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:40:34 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: March 21, 2015, 03:54:19 am »

Despite not finishing them, I'm interested in what you think: worth getting original Avernum saga or should I stick to Avernum: EFTP from 2012 and Avernum 2 (which are, as I understand, a remake of Avernum 1 & 2 with 3rd part coming later)? Are Avernum 4-6 alone worth the purchase of original pack?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: March 21, 2015, 10:08:00 am »

... honestly, I'd say stick with the remakes. The UI and usability difference between them and the originals is freaking tremendous. Also prettier, but that pales in comparison to the quality of life gains.

The later ones... I want to say just 5 & 6 -- maybe just 6 -- but 4 may have been alright, too... are approaching it enough to be fairly smooth playing, but before that... it's rough. Rough enough to impact enjoying the game, especially if you've played the remakes.

From what I recall, the content and combat and whatnot are fairly close to each other, it's just the originals are a misery to play, in comparison.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: March 21, 2015, 10:20:02 am »

Personally, I've found the Spiderweb Soft. games bland and formulaic. I think I'd love them 10-15 years ago when I gobbled up every RPG I could lay my hands on, but now I just see mediocre writing, tedious quests and unimaginative game mechanics.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: March 21, 2015, 11:11:18 am »

... which is to say they're better than quite a few RPGs on the market :P The writing is at least not terrible, the quests are plentiful and often relatively varied, if not necessarily the most engaging, and the mechanics are solid if not inspired.

Though yeah, they're usually not really great games -- they're good, which is to say not really offensively bad in any arena, but they're not really stand-out, you-must-play-this, pieces of coding. Just... steady, I guess is a good word for it? For 2-3 bucks (which is what most of the individual ones are going for on GOG right now, heh), they're worth the price.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1134