Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457232 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10875 on: March 18, 2015, 09:57:33 pm »

Definitely a different game, BT. You've (almost) always been able to loot and sell to shopkeepers in T4 (and the "almost" is only because there was a period you could only sell certain items, which has since changed). The only major shift in that sort of thing is the ability to carry a sell-only shopkeeper in your pocket, so the only reason you have to haul loot to a shop is if you want to (or haven't hit the item in question that lets you start the loot-to-gold conversion carnival in your pants).

And T4's always been get-points-on-level-up, stick-points-in-talents (plus some bonus points from a few other things) -- no skill xp shenanigans at all, at any point.

It actually sounds like you're talking about Dungeon Crawl, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: March 18, 2015, 09:59:21 pm »

It actually sounds like you're talking about Dungeon Crawl, heh.

A very old build of Dungeon Crawl, in fact.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: March 18, 2015, 10:02:32 pm »

TBH the portable shopkeeper has a slightely worse sell price than a normal shopkeeper. Not a sharp drop (i think it's something like 5% at most) but adds up if you constantly drag everything back to the nearest shop... but is it worth it?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10878 on: March 18, 2015, 10:06:06 pm »

EYE is a really strange, wtf, unbalanced mess of a game that despite everything is surprisingly enjoyable anyway. For $1, it's totally worth it
Oh yea. I probably wouldn't recommend it to people at full price, but it's at the 1$ price point fairly often, and will entertain more than most anything else that cheap.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: March 18, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »

It's at least worth it for the WTF value.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: March 18, 2015, 10:13:22 pm »

TBH the portable shopkeeper has a slightely worse sell price than a normal shopkeeper. Not a sharp drop (i think it's something like 5% at most) but adds up if you constantly drag everything back to the nearest shop... but is it worth it?
I just checked, heh. There's no drop -- shops buy from you for the exact price the portable one does. Or at least the shop I checked it on did, but eh. I think it did for a while, but has since changed. Incentivizing tedium (like regular vendor trash runs) is generally something T4 tries to avoid :V

Even if it did, you get a lot of loot. You'd have to be going back to town after every level, and probably be leaving behind stuff despite that, if you were going to get everything. Even at a slight markup, you'd be losing out on considerable amounts of gold if you tried to sell everything at the shop.

... still, kinda' irrelevant to the sales discussion. Ah well :V
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:16:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: March 18, 2015, 10:13:56 pm »

E.Y.E:
I'm still annoyed that I can't buy 10 copies at 1$ and give them to literally random people with any convenience.
It's weird and obtuse, but it isn't particularly hard, and at $1 I really think people should give it a shot.  It's extremely cyberpunk, and it's good fun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: March 18, 2015, 10:45:03 pm »

EYE is... unique, to say the least. Hack doors, ATMs, people, turrets, etc... or be hacked by them in turn. Run and gun, sneak around, charge in with a sword or just crush everything with psychic powers. It has variety, if nothing else. And at $1 you have no excuse other than not having a good enough machine not to buy it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: March 18, 2015, 10:57:22 pm »

If you play EYE, make sure you get the fan localization patch. It was made by some french guys and the english in the vanilla game is awful, leading to a lot of confusion.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: March 19, 2015, 01:45:24 am »

If you play EYE, make sure you get the fan localization patch. It was made by some french guys and the english in the vanilla game is awful, leading to a lot of confusion.

I'm sure I've ranted about this before...

TL;DR the dialogs are supposed to be confusing and feel out of place, they are that way in the original french too. The "translation patch" is a complete redesign not a "better" translation.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10885 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:15 am »

Oh, E.Y.E. is on sale? Time to buy another copy or five and put them in my inv. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

E.Y.E:
I'm still annoyed that I can't buy 10 copies at 1$ and give them to literally random people with any convenience.
I have to wonder though, what do you mean by that? I have 7 copies right now and I'm pretty sure I had more at one point, though tbh I'm not sure if I ever had 10+.

Also:
But Sensei! Confusion is the FUN part! D:
Ah, ninjad by BurnedToast. Never picked that patch because I've never personally felt there's anything wrong with original translation, BT kinda confirms my speculations about it though. I'd say - play without patch at first, specifically to maximize WTF. Then if you really must, try the patch. And then decide what translation suits you the best.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: March 19, 2015, 01:57:09 am »

Just that, in order to buy 10 gift copies, I would have to conduct 10 separate laggy purchases.  There's no way to add multiple gift copies to a single transaction.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10887 on: March 19, 2015, 02:37:13 am »

Wasn't there mention of funding a steam wallet first, and then being able to mass purchase?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: March 19, 2015, 08:25:05 am »

E.Y.E. is lovly, I found the strange english adds to the mystery, but thats a personal choice. IT's complex enough as it is.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: March 19, 2015, 10:46:28 am »

E.Y.E. is lovly, I found the strange english adds to the mystery, but thats a personal choice. IT's complex enough as it is.

There is a mod to correct the translation. It is needed because the engrish devolves the further in you go. At one point, you are told to use a "lever", when, in truth, you are looking for a valve.

Spoiler: mandatory (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1134