Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457213 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10860 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:44 am »

GOG is doing some sort of giveaway, assuming you can get the site to work for you.

I think the giveaway may have ended early but not due to running out of copies. In the meantime, buy the better SimCity for $8 US. It has a longer lifespan/playtime than Cities: Skylines with the addition of just a couple mods.

Alpha Centauri is $2.40.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:06:20 pm by BigD145 »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: March 17, 2015, 07:15:14 pm »

There's a minor cyberpunk-themed sale on Steam. I see a few very interesting games there I wasn't even aware of. Most notably 'Dex' and 'Leviathan'. Look them up.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10862 on: March 17, 2015, 08:30:11 pm »

EYE is on another 1$ special for the 4 of you that don't have it yet. :P
Also noteworthy:
System Shock 2 and Frozen Synapse, though the latter has had larger discounts elsewhere, plus been in multiple bundles.
SS2 is at the same as usual GOG discounted price, so if you were waiting for the Steam version to price at the same level, here's your time.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: March 18, 2015, 01:58:09 am »

Wow, lots of neat stuff on that cyberpunk sale!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: March 18, 2015, 04:11:29 am »

I haven't played X3: Terran Conflict much, but isn't the Argon One just a normal carrier that respawns?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: March 18, 2015, 12:00:03 pm »

Humble PC and Android bundle today. Tetrobot, Titan Attacks, Inner World, VVVVVV, Shadowrun Returns, Costume Quest, and Ironclad Tactics. Costume Quest for Android is about all I want.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: March 18, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »

Humble PC and Android bundle today. Tetrobot, Titan Attacks, Inner World, VVVVVV, Shadowrun Returns, Costume Quest, and Ironclad Tactics. Costume Quest for Android is about all I want.

If you don't have Shadowrun Returns already, here's a chance to get it along with a bunch of junk.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: March 18, 2015, 12:45:27 pm »

TOME (Tales of Maj'Eyal) is on sale on Steam, 75% off. Strangely, the only thing I find myself being turned off by is the graphics. Not the quality of them, mind you; I would actually prefer an ascii look over the tiles. They bother me for some reason.

Still - would any of you folks recommend it?

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: March 18, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »

IMO TOME is a good choice for someone new to roguelikes, but anyone familiar with the genre will probably be a bit disappointed as it has some serious issues

anyways it's also available for free on the TOME website ;), you'll just be missing a few minor 'donator' features - http://te4.org/download

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: March 18, 2015, 12:55:57 pm »

You can get it for free here -- the steam version just unlocks some donator stuff. It also has an ASCII graphics mode. And we've got a thread for it here. Anndd ninja'd a bit. Eh.

Personally, I consider it one of the best RLs currently around. Pretty modern in design, lots of neat baubles and whatnot, excellent classes and mechanics, tons of loot, faintly interesting lore (for all that it mostly doesn't matter), there's just a kind of sundry list of et ceteras in there. It's quite fun.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:52 pm »

Yeah, I'd say TOME typifies what a roguelike made with modern conveniences can be like. I'm not a huge fan of the art personally, or the game's general aesthetic, but I love how user friendly it is, how many unique gameplay elements it has and how smoothly it uses them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: March 18, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

I'll go ahead and +1 for TOME as well. I kinda like the graphics, but there is an ASCII mode too. I started it for free and later ponied up for the donator benefits just to support it, and I've never regretted it. Spent many hours on it and I keep finding reasons to go back every now and then.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10872 on: March 18, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »

If you don't have Shadowrun Returns already, here's a chance to get it along with a bunch of junk.

You can get it for free here -- the steam version just unlocks some donator stuff. It also has an ASCII graphics mode. And we've got a thread for it here. Anndd ninja'd a bit. Eh.

Personally, I consider it one of the best RLs currently around. Pretty modern in design, lots of neat baubles and whatnot, excellent classes and mechanics, tons of loot, faintly interesting lore (for all that it mostly doesn't matter), there's just a kind of sundry list of et ceteras in there. It's quite fun.

QFTs

I had the passing thought at somepoint while browsing the list of cyberpunk games, that I'd pick up ToME in a second if it went atleast 50% off.
Lo And Behold! :) (even picked up the DLC for a buck)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:55:43 pm by n9103 »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: March 18, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

ToME is not my favorite (at least not the default campaign, but the modding capabilities really draw me), however I recommend that you try the free version first, as this game really REALLY hates older integrated video cards because of OpenGL or something.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: March 18, 2015, 09:29:48 pm »

EYE is on another 1$ special for the 4 of you that don't have it yet. :P
Also noteworthy:
System Shock 2 and Frozen Synapse, though the latter has had larger discounts elsewhere, plus been in multiple bundles.
SS2 is at the same as usual GOG discounted price, so if you were waiting for the Steam version to price at the same level, here's your time.

EYE is a really strange, wtf, unbalanced mess of a game that despite everything is surprisingly enjoyable anyway. For $1, it's totally worth it

TOME (Tales of Maj'Eyal) is on sale on Steam, 75% off. Strangely, the only thing I find myself being turned off by is the graphics. Not the quality of them, mind you; I would actually prefer an ascii look over the tiles. They bother me for some reason.

Still - would any of you folks recommend it?

I played it a while ago and I remember one of the major points of the game was you couldn't loot monsters and sell the stuff to the shops, and this was a design decision that wouldn't ever change.

I know it's such a small thing but it really turned me off the game, I love stuffing my bags full of loot to unload on shopkeepers :/

IIRC it also had some strange skill system where exp was allocated to skills as you used them or something... I don't remember the details but I remember you were practically forced to metagame the hell out of your skill use otherwise you ended up with a gimped char with all your exp wasted in the wrong skills.

Edit: I'm wrong about both parts, and yeah I probably was thinking of some version of dungeon crawl
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:26:25 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1134