Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457149 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10695 on: February 11, 2015, 04:35:31 pm »

So, Wargame franchise is on sale till Friday.

Been interested in getting one of those ever since the first one came our, but it being mostly MP oriented and hard-core to boot, I constantly question myself. Still, any thoughts on getting the whole pack (12,49€) vs. just Red Dragon (9,99€) vs. just the first/second one? As I understand it there isn't much single player campaign to speak of, at least in the first two, but if any of the 3 is more balanced/fun/lag-free/stands out in general, I'd consider getting just that...
Mrm... I love the series but the singleplayer is pretty shit.

The mp is supposed to be fun but it's shit too because of cheaters. It's super duper easy to cheat in mp and they're everywhere.

I wouldn't recommend it honestly. In terms of singleplayer, the first one had a pretty amusing campaign with actual plot. The second one was garbage in terms of singleplayer. The third one has uhhh... some semblance of a campaign but it's pretty shite and boring. It's like they tried to do that awesome Dawn of War thing but failed due to completely no personality.

The skirmishes are fine but you get bored pretty quickly as the AI is pretty braindead and cheats a lot.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: February 11, 2015, 05:43:36 pm »

If that's the one I think it is, yeah, the campaign was awful. I remember starting one map with some tanks and infantry. Spend 10 minutes carefully moving through the map, waste a couple isolated units. Pull up into range of the actual units and....am wiped out in a minute or two. I'm sure if I spent a couple hours manipulating it carefully I'd probably win. But after that I haven't fired it up since. Game looks great and is super detailed....but playing against the AI it felt very wooden.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: February 11, 2015, 07:51:11 pm »

It used to be really good though, the multiplayer. Then all the cheating ruined it to shit. When Airland Battle came out I basically considered it the best RTS of the time. It was intense, brutal, difficult, super challenging, and intelligent while being beautiful and simple. 1200 units. It was crazy the amount of knowledge you needed to have.

You could play incredible 10v10 battles with hundreds to thousands of units across a supermassive map that dwarfs the scale of Supreme Commander taking an hour or more to win. Or you could play super tiny 1v1 battles showing off your tactical skill in a knife edge battle where the loss of a single sector was ruthless. Or if you wanted even more micro you could join 10v10 low resources games, where you basically could only buy like 5 units and had to coordinate with your allies. One guy controlled a few planes. One guy had some choppers and a SAM. One guy had tanks.

The series is literally the only reason why I can recognize all the modern day tanks and weaponry.

I am actually really sad to not be able to recommend it any more.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10698 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:35 am »

The mp is supposed to be fun but it's shit too because of cheaters. It's super duper easy to cheat in mp and they're everywhere.
Yeah, didn't expect to play much of sp if I bought any of those, but hearing this... well that's pretty damning thing for a mp. I guess I'll hold off indefinitely.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: February 12, 2015, 07:43:48 am »

Can you buy any other titles from the same publisher?  They might have some problems with licensing, tariffs, trade regulations ...
I'm curious too. What else is blocked?

The publisher for Valkyria Chronicles is SEGA... there are 8 pages of SEGA titles available for Hong Kong.

Searching more and people said the game's not region locked; it's store locked, so it may yet be available, but no one knows when that would be, and if the game's still relevant (e.g. not replaced by another title) by then.

Hong Kong does not share mainland China's laws, so I can only assume SEGA hates money...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: February 12, 2015, 09:46:29 am »

Hong Kong does not share mainland China's laws, so I can only assume SEGA hates money...

I personally have no other explanation for them staying out of the console wars. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10701 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:22 am »

Saturn and Dreamcast seem to be adequate answers to that particular question. Shame they weren't better received.

On-topic: GOG has premiered several WB titles at discount.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: February 12, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »

Could be localization ... maybe they are prepping a translation?

Or perhaps part of the royalties go to another company that has import issues.  Or maybe just random snafu.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: February 12, 2015, 02:33:23 pm »

It might be because some judge or other took offense at the game for whatever reason and banned it. It's what happened to Bully here.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: February 12, 2015, 02:35:13 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: February 12, 2015, 02:42:43 pm »

Rock dove waifu
...i own all but one of these games
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: February 12, 2015, 02:51:12 pm »

Rock dove waifu
...i own all but one of these games
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

But do you own the body pillow?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: February 12, 2015, 02:54:56 pm »

It's not even a real body pillow. Why would you want that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: February 12, 2015, 03:09:29 pm »

Long Live The Queen is okay-ish but when I played it there was not that much content at all. It promised being able to be a general and conquer or be a super magician and all that but there's really only one path you can actually take... That being a magic girl.

It's also super, duper oriented towards like... preteen girls. I might have been the completely wrong audience.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: February 12, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »

Long Live The Queen is okay-ish but when I played it there was not that much content at all. It promised being able to be a general and conquer or be a super magician and all that but there's really only one path you can actually take... That being a magic girl.

It's also super, duper oriented towards like... preteen girls bronies. I might have been the completely wrong audience.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1134