Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456979 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10620 on: January 31, 2015, 11:30:42 am »

+100 for ToME

I also enjoyed Bionic Dues but only for a single playthrough.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: February 03, 2015, 02:58:42 pm »

There is currently a 1C Space game collection 80% off on steam.

Any recommendations on Starwolves Series?

I have UFO Afterlight, and it is so-so.  Are Aftermath and Aftershock worth having?

How about Parkan 2?  I have always thought the game features and videos looked awesome, but reviews make it sound mediocre.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: February 03, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »

Parkan 1 was awesome back in its day, and is still kinda neat even now. Parkan 2 had great potential, but was plagued by performance issues and subpar storyline and game mechanics, IIRC.

I can't honestly say I saw the subpar-ness of the storyline, but that's because the performance issues back when I had the game prevented me from properly playing it. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: February 03, 2015, 04:28:19 pm »

Star Wars Humble Bundle. KotOR 1 + 2, Battlefront 2, Force Unleashed 1 and 2, Jedi Academy. Tops out at $12 for 9+ games. No DRM free.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:26 pm »

I wonder if it will pick up the rest of the Jedi Knight series, seeing that it has the first and last games but nothing in between.

I think SW:DF came out when I was in high school, and it was always one of those things on my back burner to play one day.  I never played the rest of the series, since I never got around to the first one... Here it is 20 years later.

I'll probably still never play it, but if the bundle turns out to include the whole series I'll probably still pick it up just on the off-hand chance that I might feel like getting around to it sometime.  This is how Humble and Steam make so much money!  People impulse/nostalgia purchase these things for pennies on the dollar, and then never even take their bandwidth to download them.  I both resent and love them for it, at the same time.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: February 03, 2015, 06:29:25 pm »

Trying to decide on the Star Wars pack. The only thing that really interests me is Empire at War since I played it years ago and didn't have the expansion. Some of the mods also look pretty great as well.

I already own the KOTORs, Jedi Knights and the Force Unleashed games really don't interest me. I'm always hearing good stuff about Republic Commando (although what kind of loser would want to play the Republic?) and Battlefront. I imagine the multiplayer is dead in Battlefront and singleplayer likely wouldn't be that interesting.

Ho hum, have to think it over.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:02 pm »

Haven't played 'em much, but I have played 1 & 2, and I can say they're pretty neat. Biggest issue with 'em, iirc, is they're kinda' unstable, so crashes and whatnot are a distinct possibility. Still, if you can get 'em for cheap I'd personally call it worth giving them a shot. They're fairly unique, in a good way.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:16 pm »

Battlefront's online is indeed dead.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »

Already own everything except battlefront 2 (probably completely dead, maybe humble bundle will revive it for a while?) which the multiplayer has been shut down for, and the two force unleashed games.

Not sure I want to pay $12 tier for the force unleashed games, from what I've heard they are very, very short. One friend claimed he beat force unleashed 2 in ~4 hours, which is less time then it took him to download it.

Still it's a pretty good bundle if you don't have a lot of the earlier games. KotoR 1 and 2 are great, and the dark forces/jedi knight series was amazing in it's time (not sure how well it's held up since most FPS games don't age well)

I wonder if it will pick up the rest of the Jedi Knight series, seeing that it has the first and last games but nothing in between.

I hope they troll everyone by adding force commander.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:49:45 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »

Battlefront's online is indeed dead.
It doesn't even exist any more. It's one of the ones that got taken down last year.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:25 pm »

I beat force unleashed 1 in less than 6 and it wasn't worth the time. The Jedi Knight games are way better. Also Mass Effect 1 because you can order Carth Onasi (from KOTOR) to his death.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: February 03, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »

I quite enjoyed the first one, back in the day. It was small, neat and personal. The latter ones had more freedom, but felt bland despite, or maybe because of that. Still, you'll get a few hours of fun out of them - especially if you liked watching all those tiny ships battle it out in Homeworld.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: February 03, 2015, 08:17:42 pm »

Force Unleashed 1 is pretty decent. A little short but that price seems about right.

Force Unleashed 2 is garbage. The procession of woodenness and growing limitations on gameplay and saber dueling pretty much goes: Jedi Knight II Outcast --> Jedi Academy --> Force Unleashed --> Force Unleashed 2.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: February 03, 2015, 08:27:42 pm »

Jedi Outcast was so damn good back in the day holy shit. I totally agree with that list though I slightly enjoyed Jedi Academy more than Outcast.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: February 03, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »

I'm always hearing good stuff about Republic Commando (although what kind of loser would want to play the Republic?)
Republic Commando is by far my favorite star wars game, so you got my recommendation on that. It's also somewhat unique (I think it shares this trait with probably only dark forces 1 and the ship games) in that there are zero force powers or any of that op jedi nonsense.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1134