Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456944 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10605 on: January 24, 2015, 11:03:38 am »

Theme hospital free on origin right now.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: January 24, 2015, 08:48:47 pm »

Theme hospital free on origin right now.

Paying for it on GoG would be the better deal.

GoG is having a TellTale sale... I've been wondering about Sam & Max after playing Poker Nights. There's so many of them, which ones (not limited to those on sale) would you guys recommend?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: January 25, 2015, 08:29:20 am »

Sam and max save the world, and beyond time and space were excellent. Good humor, fun puzzles without being frustrating, and just long enough to be satisfying but not so long they dragged on. Overall, I was very happy with them both and highly recommend them.

The devil's playhouse I own, but I have not actually played yet so I can't comment on it specifically.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: January 25, 2015, 09:28:51 pm »

Reminder, Guild Wars 2 is only $10 for the next few hours!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:59 pm »

Reminder, Guild Wars 2 is only $10 for the next few hours!
Where, exactly?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:56 pm »

What are the opinions here on the Valkyria Chronicles?  Any issues with it?  I would do a bit more research on it, but I'm busy with schoolwork for the next day or two. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: January 25, 2015, 11:42:51 pm »

What are the opinions here on the Valkyria Chronicles?  Any issues with it?  I would do a bit more research on it, but I'm busy with schoolwork for the next day or two. 
I like it. Takes a while to get used to the mechanics but but it all works pretty well. Be advised that it is VERY anime in artstyle, character design, and (not so much) plot, so if that's an issue for you I would give it a pass.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: January 26, 2015, 02:37:14 am »

I like it. Takes a while to get used to the mechanics but but it all works pretty well. Be advised that it is VERY anime in artstyle, character design, and (not so much) plot, so if that's an issue for you I would give it a pass.
+1 here. Takes a bit to get used to the mechanics, and some things are a bit annoying, like the fact that the AI doesn't need to take any real time to aim meaning that while they get to shoot at you while you are aiming, your guys don't really get to shoot at them, but overall it's rather good.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: January 26, 2015, 03:53:36 am »

+1 here. Takes a bit to get used to the mechanics, and some things are a bit annoying, like the fact that the AI doesn't need to take any real time to aim meaning that while they get to shoot at you while you are aiming, your guys don't really get to shoot at them, but overall it's rather good.
Single most annoying part that I've encountered, right here. On the other hand, it encourages better tactics like flanking and using explosives to force enemies out of cover.

The game also has a permadeath system, a little like Fire Emblem or maybe X-COM. Each of your soldiers have unique stats and abilities, and while they don't die instantly when they run out of HP, they ARE killed for good if either three turns go by before they get medical attention or if an enemy soldier manages to get close enough to touch them.

BTW: I greatly recommend a controller. I haven't been able to get a mouse to work with it very well, and aiming with a keyboard (aiming is manual in this game) is a pain :/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:21:43 am by Sirus »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: January 26, 2015, 04:20:14 am »

I EXTREMELY recommend a controller. You manually move your characters and they can move a limited distance each turn. If you're using a keyboard, tanks are prone to wiggling back and forth like mad while you control them, which can waste a turn and spell doom.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: January 26, 2015, 08:06:30 am »

Single most annoying part that I've encountered, right here. On the other hand, it encourages better tactics like flanking and using explosives to force enemies out of cover.

I've never had this problem. Get your person to where you want them, then press whatever button you press to attack. Action then pauses and you can aim to your leisure.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: January 28, 2015, 06:47:02 am »

Double post, I know, but where else can you get Sang-Froid for $2.99 USD?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10617 on: January 28, 2015, 10:36:06 am »

Double post, I know, but where else can you get Sang-Froid for $2.99 USD?

Or 3.23 euro ($3.66) if you live in Europe. : /

EDIT: Actually, that bundle doesn't look too bad. I've been wanting to try Cloud Chamber, and a few of the others look nice as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:46:02 am by Sappho »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10618 on: January 31, 2015, 04:11:34 am »

Yet another good bundle for the price is up on IndieGala.

It's $1.99 right now, though the price will increase later today.

Notable games:
-Voyage - Journey to the Moon
-AI War Fleet Command
-Bionic Dues
-Skyward Collapse
-Tales of Maj'Eyal
-A Valley Without Wind 1&2
-Vintage Year

Also includes these games, some of which might be fun for a while or have trading cards maybe worth selling, others which you can give to people you don't like next Xmas:
-Castle
-Ninja Guy
-Primal Fears
-Retention
-Shattered Haven
-Tidalis
-Volt

Pretty good deal for the price.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10619 on: January 31, 2015, 06:30:13 am »

Yet another good bundle for the price is up on IndieGala.
-Tales of Maj'Eyal, plus some other junk or bundle fluff.
Pretty good deal for the price.
FTFY ;)

Of all the true RLs out there, ToME has long been a forerunner. Only with this last version (there have been 4 major overhauls that could be called completely separate games) have they decided that they needed to shift their expected revenue away from pure donations.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1134