Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456575 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10440 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:03 pm »

Arma 3 finally went up to 50%. I bought it last Friday, however, when it was only 35% and I've gotten much more enjoyment out of it thus far than I would have if I had an extra $10.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10441 on: December 31, 2014, 01:53:18 pm »

Looks like the Steam sale is winding down now, with the final encore sales now up. So now is the time to buy anything that you held off on, waiting for if a better deal popped up.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: January 01, 2015, 07:30:06 am »

I'm still reading through from Dec 26 so I don't know if it has been mentioned but for like 29hrs Civ5 Complete (most/all expansions) is on sale for a finish price of $12.49 (for me is USD, do they still use the same number for the euro?). It also seems to be cheaper than the game alone :P
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: January 01, 2015, 10:00:56 am »

I'm still reading through from Dec 26 so I don't know if it has been mentioned but for like 29hrs Civ5 Complete (most/all expansions) is on sale for a finish price of $12.49 (for me is USD, do they still use the same number for the euro?). It also seems to be cheaper than the game alone :P

It seems they restored the deep discount just for the Civ 5 Complete bundle, not for individual Civ 5 parts.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: January 01, 2015, 10:46:21 am »

For my purposes, the winter sale is now over. I'm a little ashamed that my bill comes out to ~$164. The largest chunk of that is Arma 3 + DLC pack, though.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10445 on: January 01, 2015, 12:03:31 pm »

My bill for the sale comes out as around ~$32.26 of which around half was for tile pack dlc's for RPG Maker. Roughly another £10 on various humble bundles/bundle star/indie gala/etc bundles or stores as well.
Spoiler: Steam loot list (click to show/hide)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: January 01, 2015, 12:34:21 pm »

Now that the new year has started I can sell my 200 cards and maybe buy something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: January 01, 2015, 12:39:09 pm »

I didn't spend much on this sale, but I went to buy Crusader Kings for a friend and realized I probably spent about $80 on it... despite buying everything on sale.  Those DLCs add up.

But I don't regret spending 439 hours or all that money on it...  It's not a game for everyone, but I love it.

I still haven't played as Islam or Indian yet, or had the Sunset Invasion actually fire, so those DLCs have been useless for me (Paradox upgrades the simulation mechanics for free, the DLCs usually just unlock a race or religion for playing). 

I suggest:  Legacy Of Rome for retinues is the only one a new player should get, if anything.  Then if you enjoy the game, The Old Gods is the best value DLC because raiding is bliss and making Europe West African is lovely.  Then, The Republic for the joy of sitting back and upgrading your safehouse as the world turns (while buying elections, or letting the AI handle your empire for a while).  Related: Way of Life, which adds some more opportunities to have fun without conquering.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: January 01, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »

I didn't spend a cent.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: January 01, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

I didn't spend much on this sale, but I went to buy Crusader Kings for a friend and realized I probably spent about $80 on it... despite buying everything on sale.  Those DLCs add up.

But I don't regret spending 439 hours or all that money on it...  It's not a game for everyone, but I love it.

I still haven't played as Islam or Indian yet, or had the Sunset Invasion actually fire, so those DLCs have been useless for me (Paradox upgrades the simulation mechanics for free, the DLCs usually just unlock a race or religion for playing). 

I suggest:  Legacy Of Rome for retinues is the only one a new player should get, if anything.  Then if you enjoy the game, The Old Gods is the best value DLC because raiding is bliss and making Europe West African is lovely.  Then, The Republic for the joy of sitting back and upgrading your safehouse as the world turns (while buying elections, or letting the AI handle your empire for a while).  Related: Way of Life, which adds some more opportunities to have fun without conquering.

Actually, yeah, Way of Life is pretty good for a beginner game. I recall, as I was entirely confused at the beginning of the game, I would just go hunting/feasting and be Chill (TM) as the King of Poland, as I didn't even know how do I into not lose totally, and Way of Life is pretty much all about making that part of the game more interactive and interesting.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: January 01, 2015, 01:00:20 pm »

Yea $59 or so
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I'm playing .... CataclysmDDA :p   I did fire up Xenonauts for a few hours before putting it aside til I had enough time to really sink into doing 30+ long tactical battles, and Escapists just to try it out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: January 01, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »

My spending on this sale were fairly small.

672 RUR total, or just over $11 at the current exchange rates.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: January 01, 2015, 02:25:50 pm »

Okay we're doing this? Let's see...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That makes... £87.19 in total, which is 112.28 EUR or 135.85 USD.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

Eh, I ended up with borderlands 2 GOTY and the vault hunter pack 2, and Skyrim. Total was something like $17 and change or something.

Not bad, all told. Nothing else really looked that interesting to me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: January 01, 2015, 03:55:50 pm »

I'm probably going to buy AoE II HD and the Bioshock triple pack.  If I do...

Spoiler: TL;DR $50.50 (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1134