Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456506 times)

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10425 on: December 29, 2014, 03:55:04 pm »

Black Mesa mod.
sadly i think black mesa is still unfinished :(

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: December 29, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »

My favorite part of the developer commentaries was the recurring complaint that players never look up, unless you make them.
Developer commentaries are always fun.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: December 29, 2014, 04:01:36 pm »

HL1 and HL2 were so innovative and unique at their individual times that they spawned whole new genres. What was so great at the time seem so tired and cliche now only because games have been copying their formulas for decades.

HL2 still holds up amazingly well (if bought at a discount price) especially in the level design and overall theme (seriously the level design is shined to a mirror's edge). HL1 is certainly past it prime and if you're getting into the series so late is only worth it to play through if you enjoyed HL2 and want to know the backstory.
The Black Mesa mod is an okay replace for this if you find the old goldsrc engine far too janky. It is still technically unfinished and will likely be released as a paid full game in Valvetime™. 

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: December 29, 2014, 04:04:38 pm »

This Steam christmas sale is soo dull. The exploration sale was really crazy and then we get this =/

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: December 29, 2014, 04:06:46 pm »

Black Mesa mod.
Can someone confirm this, please?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: December 29, 2014, 04:10:03 pm »

Wikipedia page seems to think so, anyway. First part's (covering, like, part of... whatever it's covering) been released, but there's more parts yet to be released. So yes, unfinished, to date.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10431 on: December 29, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »

Black Mesa's not the only HD mod that's been worked on. Probably the one to most recently release an update, sure.
But being that the game it's building on is well over a decade old, it doesn't really matter how old the mod is.
Worst case, you settle on a mod that uses the old engine, so you have to go find a copy of it if you don't own it on disk.
It would be a large stretch for anyone to even claim piracy on your use of it, so don't worry about that aspect, if you're the kind that would.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: December 29, 2014, 04:25:32 pm »

Wikipedia page seems to think so, anyway. First part's (covering, like, part of... whatever it's covering) been released, but there's more parts yet to be released. So yes, unfinished, to date.
To be more precise, it covers everything up to Xen. So about 90% of the game. But yes, incomplete.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: December 29, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »

Orange Box includes Portal as well as upgrading your TF2 from free to full, which gives you a bunch of benefits, like more inventory space, but if TOB isn't on a major sale it's cheaper to, like, buy a TF2crate key (That works, right?) and trade it for a game because I don't think Valve cares beyond purchase.

(I already owned the Orange Box when TF2 went f2p, so I never had to do anything like that.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: December 29, 2014, 10:47:10 pm »

Serious Sam: BFE (and all the other versions) are now 90%. I rate Serious Sam above Painkiller in the classical shooter genre (which apparently is heresy). It's an amazing amount of fun with great locations, enemies, movement and weapons.

If you don't own it and are a fan of the genre (and clearly you haven't played a classic shooter if you aren't) pick it up already!

Are the DLCs worth a hoot?  Considering this one for the catharsis when Red Faction Guerrilla runs out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: December 30, 2014, 12:45:21 am »

Are the DLCs worth a hoot?  Considering this one for the catharsis when Red Faction Guerrilla runs out.
Jewel of the Nile is a okay small-ish level expansion with a couple of new weapons and enemies. It's completely separated from the base game so the only reason to pick it up early is if you plan to play the fantastic "Serious Sam: Extended" mod straight away.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10436 on: December 30, 2014, 07:36:09 am »

Black Mesa mod.
Can someone confirm this, please?
Black Mesa mod reaches the transition to Xen before currently ending. Valve have given permission for the Black Mesa team to improve the mod for sale on Steam. As of the latest news Xen will still not be part of the retail release, but will be added at some point in the future.

Do note that Black Mesa isn't just a HD mod of Half-life but a full rebuild/redesign with two chapters(surface tension and on a rail) receiving major trimming.(although there are mods on the black mesa site that add the cut sections back in).

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: December 30, 2014, 08:15:05 am »

One Way Heroics is 75% off on Steam... so it's just 0.87 USD now.

I think I am going to buy 10 copies as New Year gifts...

Edit: Huh, my bank is rejecting after the 9th copy... thinking it's an error maybe. Steam really should give us the option of purchasing multiple copies as gifts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:38:49 am by kcwong »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: December 30, 2014, 09:10:40 am »

One Way Heroics is 75% off on Steam... so it's just 0.87 USD now.

Just the right price after selling all the holiday cards!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: December 30, 2014, 10:19:05 am »

.... Steam really should give us the option of purchasing multiple copies as gifts.

The only way to do that within the current system is to add enough wallet funds for the number of copies you want, then buy them.  Keeps it to one or two bank transactions, and shouldn't get your activity flagged.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1134