Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455280 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10095 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:54 am »

Oh yeah, Battlefield whichever has destructible buildings on one of the maps. More of a trigger than blowing holes in walls in "Red Faction" but still.

I was thinking while watching "Alien: Isolation" that it would be neat if the alien was able to tear holes in walls and rip doors open.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10096 on: December 04, 2014, 10:28:01 am »

GOG Winter Sale
Pretty nice discounts on a large variety of games.
Free game promo as well (not sure if new game, or promo over when runs out)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:25 am »

I get that GOG is trying to stay out of Steam's way, so it doesn't create a fight for attention (and lose)... but the last sale GOG did ended a mere 9 days ago.  Let's hope the variety is better on the flash sales this time.  :P
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:13 am »

Back when GOG first added the "Lucas Arts" games, there was a note saying that more were coming soon. Did they end up adding some more games and I didn't notice, or does anyone know if there's still others they're planning to release?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:27 am »

Free game promo as well (not sure if new game, or promo over when runs out)
The game in question if the first Age of Wonders. There are about 200k left as I type this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: December 04, 2014, 10:46:51 am »

Back when GOG first added the "Lucas Arts" games, there was a note saying that more were coming soon. Did they end up adding some more games and I didn't notice, or does anyone know if there's still others they're planning to release?

You can click on the linked developer/publisher name within a game listing to see all GOG titles for that entity.  Clicking Lucasfilm or Disney only brings up the 6 games that came with the initial announcement.

Patience, padawan.  ;)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #10101 on: December 04, 2014, 10:53:34 am »

Worth noting that Red Faction Guerrilla has had GFWL patched out, so you can actually play MP and singleplayer now :P

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: December 04, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »

Any idea how long it usually takes GOG to add a game to one's account?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »

Any idea how long it usually takes GOG to add a game to one's account?

If you're talking about the free Age of Wonders, it really depends on how crushed their servers are...  in theory, you should get an email when it happens.  I already have AoW1 from a humble bundle, so I haven't actually clicked the button myself.

For purchases, it should be immediate.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: December 04, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »

Worth noting that Red Faction Guerrilla has had GFWL patched out, so you can actually play MP and singleplayer now :P
Man, I might have to go play it again now!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10105 on: December 04, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »

Got AoW from GoG, though somehow by "accident". Click on that "get it for free" banner, thinking it will take me to AoW's page because I wanted to see if there's any info regarding the soundtrack (that elusive "In the Twilight of Elves" or what's it's name track), because I already got the whole collection long time ago from Impulse... Oooops. Well, I don't complain.

On topic, you guys think I should get The Witcher 1 for 1,19€? It's basically nothing, but I was thinking about rather buying a physical copy one day... You gals/guys think it's worth waiting to get my money for it?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: December 04, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »

Got AoW from GoG, though somehow by "accident". Click on that "get it for free" banner, thinking it will take me to AoW's page because I wanted to see if there's any info regarding the soundtrack (that elusive "In the Twilight of Elves" or what's it's name track), because I already got the whole collection long time ago from Impulse... Oooops. Well, I don't complain.

On topic, you guys think I should get The Witcher 1 for 1,19€? It's basically nothing, but I was thinking about rather buying a physical copy one day... You gals/guys think it's worth waiting to get my money for it?
The digital version contains a lot of updates and I think some features that were cut originally (not sure on this front). Certainly less bugs. It's also uncensored, if you care about that. Certainly better than the other option, especially for this price.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10107 on: December 04, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »

Ah, should have mentioned I'm aiming for physical copy of Enhanced Edition. So basically the same as digital version on GoG, with only bonus not having to download +8gb. Then again, thinking about it now, maybe not really worth paying 9 or so more € just for that privilege. I guess I'll just grab it.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: December 04, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »

Ah, should have mentioned I'm aiming for physical copy of Enhanced Edition. So basically the same as digital version on GoG, with only bonus not having to download +8gb. Then again, thinking about it now, maybe not really worth paying 9 or so more € just for that privilege. I guess I'll just grab it.
I think it's been upgraded to director's cut enhanced edition. Whatever that means. That aside, you'll get a discount on Witcher 3 if you ever want that (not sure if that will remain the case after launch, though)

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: December 05, 2014, 04:09:03 am »

I think it's been upgraded to director's cut enhanced edition. Whatever that means. That aside, you'll get a discount on Witcher 3 if you ever want that (not sure if that will remain the case after launch, though)
Just make sure you jump into Assassin of Kings too. That is one incredible sequel.

I hope The Wild Hunt can match that leap, it probably won't, but I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1134