Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455186 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10080 on: December 02, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

That's the one that is the game RFII should have been, right?  The first one was fun, the second one was... different.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: December 02, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »

That's the one that is the game RFII should have been, right?  The first one was fun, the second one was... different.
Not played RF2. I thought it was very similar to the first, though. At least, it looks to be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: December 02, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »

PICK UP RED FACTION GUERILLA
Just saw a video of it...  I reckon I'll pick it up.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: December 02, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »

RF2 had less enviro-destruction, but it was fairly pointless in RF1 even if it was the Big Deal about it back in the day. I certainly enjoyed RF1 more than 2, but both are fairly basic linear console shooters of the era.

Third was fun. I'm not quite as in love with it as some people, but I did like blowing stuff up all the way to the end. Protip: get the remote bomb ammo count upgrades first.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: December 02, 2014, 06:46:38 pm »

Pixel Piracy has made it to GOG and it's 75% off for it's debut.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: December 02, 2014, 06:50:01 pm »

RF2 just... didn't feel good. Guns felt artificial, models were incredibly blocky compared even to the first and it just wasn't quite fun. Armageddon might or might not be good depending on your tastes. It goes back to the RF1 formula of linear paths and the hammer is incredibly fun to use, but the enemies are bullet sponges.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: December 02, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »

Armageddon was just... bleh.  The Magnet gun was the only real fun part of it.  There was just so little satisfaction in destroying stuff.  In Guerrilla, if you carbomb an outpost, you feel like you accomplished something.  In Armageddon, if you level an entire complex, you just feel like you've gone to the next level.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10087 on: December 03, 2014, 02:50:32 am »

Pixel Piracy has made it to GOG and it's 75% off for it's debut.
Oh, 1,99€? Don't mind if I do, thanks.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: December 03, 2014, 11:44:17 am »

Legend of Korra is on mid-week sale, 33% off at 10.04 USD.

It's extreme fast-paced action, suits bending very well. The only mode you get access to at first is the story mode; loving it so far.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: December 03, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

GALS

GUYS

IT'S RED FACTION FRANCHISE MIDWEEK MADNESS

PICK THE WHOLE COLLECTION IF YOU ARE A COMPLETIONIST

BUT IF NOT

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY

PICK UP RED FACTION GUERILLA

THEY'VE JUST UPDATED IT TODAY, GETTING IT CLEAN GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIFE AND ADDING SOME MP MAPS AND BUNCH OF FIXES AND HALP IMHIPERVENTILANTING

RE-FUCKING-JOICE

I second this. Red faction guerilla is amazing fun, the story is meh, it makes no sense, blah blah who cares you can run around mars with a sledghammer flattening ALL THE THINGS

The only bad thing is enemies are constantly backspawning on you which is very annoying but who cares... just car bomb them, then car bomb their HQ, then drive a dump truck through an ore processing plant because why not?

But seriously. It's only $3 and it's worth every single penny.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: December 03, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »

I second this. Red faction guerilla is amazing fun, the story is meh, it makes no sense, blah blah who cares you can run around mars with a sledghammer flattening ALL THE THINGS

The only bad thing is enemies are constantly backspawning on you which is very annoying but who cares... just car bomb them, then car bomb their HQ, then drive a dump truck through an ore processing plant because why not?

But seriously. It's only $3 and it's worth every single penny.
Why not indeed?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: December 04, 2014, 12:21:05 am »

I would love to get red faction guerrilla again is there was some sort of mod that just added a ton of stuff to be destroyed. I already destroyed everything int he game multiple times already.  :P

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: December 04, 2014, 04:17:33 am »

I love how Red Faction: Guerilla nailed destructibility around the same time that Battlefield: Bad Company did and then the whole industry got distracted...but they're coming back around now everyone's excited about new tech!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: December 04, 2014, 08:46:20 am »

I love how Red Faction: Guerilla nailed destructibility around the same time that Battlefield: Bad Company did and then the whole industry got distracted...but they're coming back around now everyone's excited about new tech!

Destructible stuff is great. I have also been out of the loop for a while. The final part of your post intrigues me - what is everyone excited about?

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: December 04, 2014, 08:49:48 am »

Destructible stuff is great. I have also been out of the loop for a while. The final part of your post intrigues me - what is everyone excited about?
With next gen consoles out, lots of companies are getting back on the destructibility wagon. Crackdown, Scream Ride, Battlefield (Slowly) and a few others.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1134