Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455076 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10050 on: December 01, 2014, 03:41:07 am »

Presumably it upgrades your classic pack so that you get all the content you'd get if you just bought emperor pack straight away. I've seen that kind of thing with a few other games.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: December 01, 2014, 04:27:23 am »

Presumably it upgrades your classic pack so that you get all the content you'd get if you just bought emperor pack straight away. I've seen that kind of thing with a few other games.
This right here. If you already bought the classic pack it lets you upgrade to the emperor pack by just paying the difference twixt the two.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: December 01, 2014, 08:20:27 am »

Is New Vegas an add-on for Fallout 3, or is it a standalone game?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: December 01, 2014, 08:41:38 am »

Fully standalone (and completely better in every way) game.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: December 01, 2014, 09:09:51 am »

Does it include the original F3 story?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10055 on: December 01, 2014, 09:12:00 am »

It's a different game. It has nothing to do with Fallout 3. Apparently New Vegas is the continuation of the first two games. Fallout 3 is made by a different company and is a different kind of game, despite the name.

EDIT: PixelJunk Shooter is on IndieGameStand special, pay what you want. Steam key for $1. Beat the average (currently $1.75) and you also get Monsters and Eden.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:36:47 am by Sappho »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10056 on: December 01, 2014, 09:55:19 am »

They're made by the same company, and have the same general setting.
Other than that, they're unrelated.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: December 01, 2014, 10:05:31 am »

Well, they're on the same general engine, and the gameplay is mostly the same.  But New Vegas adds a lot more depth to that gameplay.  Fallout 3 also takes place on the East Coast, rather uniquely, and takes some questionable liberties with canon.  Personally I found FO3 to be a blast and in some ways more fun than New Vegas, but New Vegas is much better tied to the lore and has more interesting combat.

Generally you'll want New Vegas, with FO3 being an enjoyable semi-canon romp through DC with its own, more wastelandy, setting.  New Vegas is barely irradiated and highly settled, for a desert.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:41 am »

They're not even made by the same company, Fallout 3 was developed by Bethesda Game Studios, New Vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and just published by Bethesda.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: December 01, 2014, 11:44:25 am »

They're not even made by the same company, Fallout 3 was developed by Bethesda Game Studios, New Vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and just published by Bethesda.

And Obsidian used to be the guys from Black Isle. Or at least some were. Or something, maybe they had the same pet dog. So there.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: December 01, 2014, 11:49:15 am »

Chris Avellone is one, yes? He's the most prominent link between Black Isle and Obsidian Entertainment.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: December 01, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

22 hours to go to pick up Sword of the Stars Complete edition on HumbleBundle. Get it! $2.50 is chump change for such a good turn based strategy game in space with actual 3D star system arrangement and largely unique faster than light travel for each race.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: December 01, 2014, 02:42:29 pm »

Looking at that, SotSII Enhanced Edition is in the current flash bundle, so that's only $1 for Steam keys alongside other games. Any reason to prefer SotS Compete over II?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: December 01, 2014, 02:45:38 pm »

Looking at that, SotSII Enhanced Edition is in the current flash bundle, so that's only $1 for Steam keys alongside other games. Any reason to prefer SotS Compete over II?
SotS II was not particularly well done, last I'd checked. It is playable, and mostly fixed by this point. And can be interesting. But SotS Complete is the better deal for good space 4X.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »

SotS Compete is not a buggy mess and features a usable UI, competent AI and actually provides an enjoyable experience?

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. But SotS is definitely a better game compared to II's legendary... terribleness. Stick with the original game and you'll be happier, trust me. Admittedly I have only played II, but after wrestling with that monster I'm sure that SotS can't possibly be worse. If it was then it wouldn't have gotten a sequel in the first place.

SotS II was not particularly well done, last I'd checked. It is playable, and mostly fixed by this point. And can be interesting. But SotS Complete is the better deal for good space 4X.

Key word being mostly. I still got random crashes while I was playing it...
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1134