Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454853 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9990 on: November 26, 2014, 09:38:23 pm »

This is amusing.

50% of 0 is still 0 :3
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #9991 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »

Decided to skip both Civ 5 and Civ Beyond Earth and just pick up Nexus: The Jupiter Incident at 3 bucks.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: November 26, 2014, 11:09:34 pm »

The last Civ games I played were Civ 2 (test of time?) and a lot of Alpha Centauri.  Would Beyond Earth be a decent game to start back with?
civ 4 w/ BTS is a much decent-er choice IMO, much cheaper, big modding scene, and gameplay that is superior (in SP at least) to both 5 & BE in their current states

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: November 26, 2014, 11:14:37 pm »

At $5, I had to goat for it.
That pun was [goatsounds] baaaaa-d. [/goatsounds]
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: November 26, 2014, 11:24:28 pm »

Decided to skip both Civ 5 and Civ Beyond Earth and just pick up Nexus: The Jupiter Incident at 3 bucks.
VERY good call.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: November 27, 2014, 02:44:07 am »

If you have Arc, Torchlight 2 is on sale for $5. I know it's not steam, but Torchlight is a halfway decent game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: November 27, 2014, 04:41:21 am »

Good choice. Fantastic game.

It's one I think every strategy fan would enjoy.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: November 27, 2014, 05:17:49 am »

Is the Long Dark worth picking up yet?

I grabbed Gang Beasts for some multiplayer but it was hard enough just to set up multiple controllers.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: November 27, 2014, 07:27:09 am »

Is the Long Dark worth picking up yet?
A Friend of mine got me it...
I had had enough of Survivals so wasn't getting it myself but next thing I know she had sent me it as a Gift (rare event considering) so I installed it and started playing it...

Wow...

Even without a Story mode (alpha is alpha) the Sandbox is amazing, dropped into the world with nothing but some clothes and some matches you have to survive long enough to find warmer clothing, food and get something to fend off the wolves...
Sounds simple, sounds boring, Kinda is BUT. I don't know, after starting it up I have yet to pause to go get that drink for myself IRL, its just so thrilling to struggle against nature to survive longer and longer. I died like 10 times in under 2 in game hours before all of a sudden I am looking at myself lasting over 4 days and starting to explore more of the map...
I held myself inside what was literally a lookout tower after powering up towards it midblizzard after a promising sign pointed up a path just out of sight due to the weather, crouching low against the fireplace to stay warm while I pulled up loose wood to feed into it while pulling apart useless clothes to repair what was keeping me above 0C and alive. Cooking some Deer I found after a wolf had taken it down and left and melting snow to boil for water. I have now advanced into a second mapzone and am currently using a house as a base, unloading what I find into its cupboard/fridge/medcabinets. Its surprising how good this game is...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: November 27, 2014, 09:14:17 am »

I had had enough of Survivals so wasn't getting it myself but next thing I know she had sent me it as a Gift (rare event considering) so I installed it and started playing it...

Wow...

Even without a Story mode (alpha is alpha) the Sandbox is amazing, dropped into the world with nothing but some clothes and some matches you have to survive long enough to find warmer clothing, food and get something to fend off the wolves...
Sounds simple, sounds boring, Kinda is BUT. I don't know, after starting it up I have yet to pause to go get that drink for myself IRL, its just so thrilling to struggle against nature to survive longer and longer. I died like 10 times in under 2 in game hours before all of a sudden I am looking at myself lasting over 4 days and starting to explore more of the map...
I held myself inside what was literally a lookout tower after powering up towards it midblizzard after a promising sign pointed up a path just out of sight due to the weather, crouching low against the fireplace to stay warm while I pulled up loose wood to feed into it while pulling apart useless clothes to repair what was keeping me above 0C and alive. Cooking some Deer I found after a wolf had taken it down and left and melting snow to boil for water. I have now advanced into a second mapzone and am currently using a house as a base, unloading what I find into its cupboard/fridge/medcabinets. Its surprising how good this game is...
That sounds awesome!

How does the perma-death fair?

I know a lot of games use it nowadays but many fail to make it feel informative rather than frustrating.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: November 27, 2014, 09:24:13 am »

Wow...

That sounds awesome!

How does the perma-death fair?

I know a lot of games use it nowadays but many fail to make it feel informative rather than frustrating.
Permadeath is PERMA, that playthrough is gone. And trust me, it can come quickly or even slowly. If a wolf latches onto you when you don't have a knife, you have to try REALLY hard to charge up an attack to punch it off, clicking Left mouse then hitting right mouse to punch. If you get caught out in a Blizzard like I was and don't have good clothes to keep you somewhat warm, then you will slowly freeze to death...
The Best bit is that the character actually makes comments, just before I discoverd that I could tearup loose wood from the gather wood option my guy was like "Oh, I must be freezing over, I am starting to feel warm again..." in a, 'oh god I am so fucked' kinda way...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: November 27, 2014, 09:28:03 am »

Permadeath is PERMA, that playthrough is gone. And trust me, it can come quickly or even slowly. If a wolf latches onto you when you don't have a knife, you have to try REALLY hard to charge up an attack to punch it off, clicking Left mouse then hitting right mouse to punch. If you get caught out in a Blizzard like I was and don't have good clothes to keep you somewhat warm, then you will slowly freeze to death...
The Best bit is that the character actually makes comments, just before I discoverd that I could tearup loose wood from the gather wood option my guy was like "Oh, I must be freezing over, I am starting to feel warm again..." in a, 'oh god I am so fucked' kinda way...
Are there points where you're simply waiting to die then? Or is it pretty decisive and swift?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: November 27, 2014, 09:31:12 am »

Are there points where you're simply waiting to die then? Or is it pretty decisive and swift?
Safety is always around the next corner. But you need to claw your way to it. I have yet to die to anything other then a Wolf though. Wolves without a weapon is like an instant death though, I go down fighting but I just watch helplessly as the beast maw just nashes over my face. Honestly it does that, you watch the wolf's teeth bite at you constantly while you fight it then when you die to it. Kinda alarming if I didn't already have a puppy who is still in the nipping/play stage...

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: November 27, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

Safety is always around the next corner. But you need to claw your way to it. I have yet to die to anything other then a Wolf though. Wolves without a weapon is like an instant death though, I go down fighting but I just watch helplessly as the beast maw just nashes over my face. Honestly it does that, you watch the wolf's teeth bite at you constantly while you fight it then when you die to it. Kinda alarming if I didn't already have a puppy who is still in the nipping/play stage...
Okay, that sounds spectacular.

I'm down.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #10004 on: November 27, 2014, 11:40:59 am »

BloodBowl Legendary Edition can currently be had for $6.80

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58520/

Isn't Chaos Edition the latest one with the most races? It's going for anothet $3, which is likely worth the difference.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1134