Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454763 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9975 on: November 26, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

C&C's for 2,50 a piece. I'm tempted.

Beyond that it seems rather tame sale by online game store standards.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9976 on: November 26, 2014, 04:35:01 pm »

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad is not on sale.

Welp.

The Battle of Stalingrad goes better with deep snow and winter anyway!

Edit: by which I mean I'm just a'waitin' for the X-mas sales.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #9977 on: November 26, 2014, 05:13:08 pm »

Hrmm, Civ Beyond Earth for 30% off.... I had skipped Civ V because the original release of it was meh and supposedly was 'fixed' by its expansions.  Question is... get Civ V full package, or skip it and get Beyond Earth?
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: November 26, 2014, 05:27:39 pm »

BloodBowl Legendary Edition can currently be had for $6.80

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58520/

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: November 26, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

BloodBowl Legendary Edition can currently be had for $6.80

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58520/
If you don't already have it definite +1 to this, we always need more players in the Bay12 league (and it's totally worth it, I've already put over 178 hours into my version of blood bowl).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: November 26, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »

Hrmm, Civ Beyond Earth for 30% off.... I had skipped Civ V because the original release of it was meh and supposedly was 'fixed' by its expansions.  Question is... get Civ V full package, or skip it and get Beyond Earth?

Personally? I'd go with Civ V full package if they're around the same price, since you get a lot more stuff to play with. But if Beyond Earth is significantly cheaper? Then it's more of a toss up.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9981 on: November 26, 2014, 05:53:19 pm »

BE is pretty well categorized as a bastard child of Civ 5 and AC.
Mostly misses the high points of either title, but those are somewhat high bars to pass in the first place.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: November 26, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

To be fair, a lot of people are comparing it against Civ 5 with all of its expansions which puts it at a disadvantage. Once BE gets some good DLC underneath its belt I'm sure that everyone will start liking it much more. That's what I remember happening with Civ 5 at least. Whether all of the extra content will make people like it more than AC I'm not sure yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: November 26, 2014, 06:06:54 pm »

The last Civ games I played were Civ 2 (test of time?) and a lot of Alpha Centauri.  Would Beyond Earth be a decent game to start back with?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: November 26, 2014, 06:23:34 pm »

So, of these newish strategy game releases, which has been the most enjoyable for you, and (ideally) how'd it hook you? 'Cause now I'm looking at

- Endless Legend
- Civ Beyond Earth
- Pandora First Contact
- Warlock II: The Exiled
- The Last Federation
- and yes, Total War Rome II

I would like to buy one of these during this sale, but which? Paralysis!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »

Are there any flash/limited time sales this time, or will a thing already on sale right now never get cheaper for the duration of the sale?

A bunch of things on my wishlist are on sale for reasonable discounts but if I have to keep up with flash sales in order to get a better deal, I'm going to wash my hands of this season and not buy anything at all.

Just don't have the energy/will to bother trying to eek out a better deal for games that I probably won't end up playing anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: November 26, 2014, 07:05:51 pm »

Goat Simulator is 50% off. And they just added the MMO patch. At $5, I had to goat for it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: November 26, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

You mean the MMO simulator patch, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: November 26, 2014, 07:09:44 pm »

You mean the MMO simulator patch, right?
Yeah.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: November 26, 2014, 07:26:09 pm »

To be fair, a lot of people are comparing it against Civ 5 with all of its expansions which puts it at a disadvantage. Once BE gets some good DLC underneath its belt I'm sure that everyone will start liking it much more. That's what I remember happening with Civ 5 at least. Whether all of the extra content will make people like it more than AC I'm not sure yet. We'll just have to wait and see.
Trouble is, most of the unfavorable AC comparisons I've seen have been focused on flavor, not mechanics or content. Unless they release an Everything Has Different Voice Actors And Personality-Defining Quotes expansion/update, I don't think those are going to stop. And even if they did, I doubt they'd beat nostalgia and original quality, so it's probably not terribly wise of them to try.

The last Civ games I played were Civ 2 (test of time?) and a lot of Alpha Centauri.  Would Beyond Earth be a decent game to start back with?
Definitely not a bad spot, but a bit wonky and bland at the moment (at least, compared to more recent games). You might try Civ5+expansions for a more immediately robust experience, if you don't want to wait around for BE to sort itself out.

That said, I'm not sure it's particularly unbalanced or bland compared to AC or Civ2, though it might be in different ways. I'll reiterate that it's not a bad spot to jump back in on, just a spot that's likely going to get better than it currently is.

So, of these newish strategy game releases, which has been the most enjoyable for you, and (ideally) how'd it hook you? 'Cause now I'm looking at

- Endless Legend
- Civ Beyond Earth
- Pandora First Contact
- Warlock II: The Exiled
- The Last Federation
- and yes, Total War Rome II

I would like to buy one of these during this sale, but which? Paralysis!
I'll have to go with Warlock II, as that's the only game I've actually played. It still beats out BE, which I've watched a fair amount of, and which seems, as I've said above, wonky and maybe a bit unfinished. For instance, trade routes give massive, massive income bonuses, so they're pretty much mandatory... but they have to be manually reassigned every few turns, which gets tedious. I do fully intend to get it eventually, but not until it's on sale and/or has some more content out.

Warlock II, meanwhile, is an upgrade to Warlock. Much like Civ, they've finally mostly figured out how to prevent infinite city spam, which adds a new strategic layer in trying to get the most bonuses out of your limited number of optimal cities. Units can have various levelup buffs, equipment buffs, and enchantment buffs added on to make them massively more powerful than before, which allows you to cavort across the planes with them, getting attacked by bullshit spirit dragons, collecting loot, and exploring for new city sites. Crush your enemies or just kind of leave the poor mooks alone, research spells, the usual.

Speaking of which, damn them. Wrath of the Nagas, the newest expansion, is not on sale. >:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1134